Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

25 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I will take a lame duck year from our coaching staff.  I’m OK missing out on free agents or resigning our own free agents for a year.  The ****ing pig mascot, the terrible game day experience, all the embarrassment with the name of the team, all the prior losing seasons, watching every other NFC East team rise while we continue to flounder….

as long as Snyder is GONE.

I can see it now.

Snyder sells in March.

Team goes 2-15 because we can’t sign anyone.

Every week a thread is started: “Celebration Monday: Commandos win! Snyder is gone!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

FWIW - Lurch on The Junkies this morning said apparently perspectives are having problems getting to "that number" with the equity check of $1.5B.  Bezos would not have that problem.  He was told Bezos wants to buy the team but he also wants to buy the Seahawks so he can be patient.  Neither guys (Snyder/Bezos) like each other but he's the only guy who has the money out of the potential buyers.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can see it now.

Snyder sells in March.

Team goes 2-15 because we can’t sign anyone.

Every week a thread is started: “Celebration Monday: Commandos win! Snyder is gone!”

And Ron will be blamed by some because they know the real reason for this and that was deep down it was on Ron who didn't sign anyone. Because he's just sooooo conservative.   Dan and the sale will have nothing to do with it.  And this is a destination spot for FAs and only those silly Ron's defenders don't see how much free agents want to come here.  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW - Lurch on The Junkies this morning said apparently perspectives are having problems getting to "that number" with the equity check of $1.5B.  Bezos would not have that problem.  He was told Bezos wants to buy the team but he also wants to buy the Seahawks so he can be patient.  Neither guys (Snyder/Bezos) like each other but he's the only guy who has the money out of the potential buyers.

If the prospective bidders can’t even raise the required 30%- 1.5 Billion; that doesn’t bode well for future sales.  If Bezos buys us, who’s got the money for Seattle? Baltimore may be sold in the future too.

Also, if the 2 bidders can’t meet the 30%; how active would they be in free agency? Would they be 100% dependent on taxpayer funding for a stadium?

Unless Bezos can buy the team, we are probably ****ed.

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the prospective bidders can’t even raise the required 30%- 1.5 Billion; that doesn’t bode well for future sales.  If Bezos buys us, who’s got the money for Seattle? Baltimore may be sold in the future too.

Also, if the 2 bidders can’t meet the 30%; how active would they be in free agency? Would they be 100% dependent on taxpayer funding for a stadium?

Digesting the narratives seems to be a simple issue.  

It's like Dan, the seller says it a $500,000 house but Zillow says it worth $300,000. And you got to spend another $300,000 to fix it up

Hopefully those narratives are wrong but if they are right Dan has to back off his asking price.

Josh Harris for example had the down payment for the 5 billion to bid on Denver.  I'd assume he has 5 billion now. But if what the NY Post writer is saying is true and Sheehan said poking around he's found the same then we got Dan asking for way more money than its worth but bidders probably do have the money for this team's true value.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I wouldn't sweat it. Fed Ex just needs a fresh coat of paint. We'll be right over.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Digesting the narratives seems to be a simple issue.  

It's like Dan, the seller says it a $500,000 house but Zillow says it worth $300,000. And you got to spend anothert $300,000 to fix it up

Hopefully those narratives are wrong but if they are right Dan has to back off his asking price.

Josh Harris for example had 5 billion to bid on Denver.  I'd assume he has 5 billion now. But if what the NY Post writer is saying is true and Sheehan said poking around he's found the same than we got Dan asking for way more money than its worth but bidders probably do have the money for this team's true value.

Yea, from what I understand a lot of these guys are worth $X billions but their money isn't liquid like that'd have to rearrange stuff.  One of the discussion points has definitely been that equity check becomes more tolerable if you come down from the $6 billion.

I also wonder if the recent MJW report stuff has to do with pushing Snyder to take something less.

Edited by HigSkin

36 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yea, from what I understand a lot of these guys are worth $X billions but their money isn't liquid like that'd have to rearrange stuff.  One of the discussion points has definitely been that equity check becomes more tolerable if you come down from the $6 billion.

100% accurate. Which is my hope that Jay Z  liquidating his D'usse equity stake for $750M last week ends up awfully timely and coincidental. 

I'm not great at math but sure seems about half of $1.5B is already ready to rock. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I also wonder if the recent MJW report stuff has to do with pushing Snyder to take something less.

To stick with my analogy, feels like they have the down payment for the true Zillow price of the house but may not have it for the inflated asking price.

And once they prospective buyers dug in they decided its not worth the asking price so the question is will Dan bring it down. The NY Post writer said for example Henry bailed on this once he dug into the numbers.

The interesting number that keeps being brought up is $150 million annual revenue and that's low compared to other teams.  That seems low to me too considering total salaries are above that.   

So I am guessing what's discovered is that Dan is riding on the shared pool of money but as a generator on his own as to money-profits he's not that hot and the trend keeps getting worse.  And for these prospective owners that matters.

Having said that it seems like all that has to happen is Dan to lower his asking price and I gather there would be no problems.

As for Bezos he seems to be the mystery guy here and if what's said is true that he knows Seattle is going to be sold soon and he doesn't like Dan -- maybe he gets off to see Dan flounder versus saving the day for him and buys Seattle. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My dream is Dan is out.  I don't need anything else, not even a whit more even if I hated the coach which I don't.  Dan out changes everythiing IMO.

My dream is new owners come in and give Ron a 25 year contract extension with full operational control right down to the napkins we wrap the hot dogs in just so I can watch 88comrad's head explode total recall style.

• Haha 8
  • Thumb up 2

I'm gonna go slightly against the grain here, not entirely before I get chewed out for it. For the record I don't think it gets much worse than Dan Snyder but we are talking about the next owner of the franchise and somebody who will likely be around for decades, I think this anyone but Dan mentality may be a little naive.

I still want the new owner to be good at well just being an owner I guess, I've seen cases especially here in "Soccer" where fans have been so desperate to remove one ownership group that another equally terrible one comes in and maintains the status quo. A hard thing to do when you're replacing Dan Snyder but I want firstly integrity and humility and a willingness to have open dialogue with the fans and local media. Then from a business standpoint somebody who is able to identify the right GM / HC to run the football operation without their intervention and to get the right outcome (preferably DC) for the stadium, and in all honestly its not a lot to ask. But I'd just warn against this literally anyone but Dan mindset.

• Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I'm gonna go slightly against the grain here, not entirely before I get chewed out for it. For the record I don't think it gets much worse than Dan Snyder but we are talking about the next owner of the franchise and somebody who will likely be around for decades, I think this anyone but Dan mentality may be a little naive.

I still want the new owner to be good at well just being an owner I guess, I've seen cases especially here in "Soccer" where fans have been so desperate to remove one ownership group that another equally terrible one comes in and maintains the status quo. A hard thing to do when you're replacing Dan Snyder but I want firstly integrity and humility and a willingness to have open dialogue with the fans and local media. Then from a business standpoint somebody who is able to identify the right GM / HC to run the football operation without their intervention and to get the right outcome (preferably DC) for the stadium, and in all honestly its not a lot to ask. But I'd just warn against this literally anyone but Dan mindset.

There’s not really anything to warn against, we have no say in the process and we’ll all have plenty of time to form opinions on the new ownership after Snyder is gone. What you’re saying is rational (but again imo as always with these sorts of posts, really really downplays how historically awful Snyder has been in his position) but you’re basically holding the line on something that doesn’t really matter. All we can do is get out of Snyder and hope for the best, and after all this time we’ve earned that. If it ends up being a situation where we hop out of the frying pan and into the fire, that will not only be an incredible, unholy level of bad luck—but then that’s how the cookie crumbles, and this franchise will be truly dead. But there’s no use in actively worrying about that when we’re finally almost out of the darkness with Snyder. This is shaping up to be the greatest moment in our modern history as a franchise. There will be plenty of time to imagine worst case scenarios over the coming years, but I think it’s truly unlikely that we see another case of the particular combination of evil, incompetent, and stupid that led us here. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I don't think that's against the grain at all really. 

we all want the new owner to be those things and we all know that they could end up being almost as bad as Dan snyder (the likelihood of being equally bad is quite remote) but until we slay the king we'll never know what the prince has to offer.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I don't think that's against the grain at all really. 

we all want the new owner to be those things and we all know that they could end up being almost as bad as Dan snyder (the likelihood of being equally bad is quite remote) but until we slay the king we'll never know what the prince has to offer.

You've been reading Macbeth again haven't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

There’s not really anything to warn against, we have no say in the process and we’ll all have plenty of time to form opinions on the new ownership after Snyder is gone. What you’re saying is rational (but again imo as always with these sorts of posts, really really downplays how historically awful Snyder has been in his position) but you’re basically holding the line on something that doesn’t really matter. All we can do is get out of Snyder and hope for the best, and after all this time we’ve earned that. If it ends up being a situation where we hop out of the frying pan and into the fire, that will not only be an incredible, unholy level of bad luck—but then that’s how the cookie crumbles, and this franchise will be truly dead. But there’s no use in actively worrying about that when we’re finally almost out of the darkness with Snyder. This is shaping up to be the greatest moment in our modern history as a franchise. There will be plenty of time to imagine worst case scenarios over the coming years, but I think it’s truly unlikely that we see another case of the particular combination of evil, incompetent, and stupid that led us here. 

Perhaps my warning comes from a scrutiny perspective. The assessment of a new owner can't just begin and end with "its not Dan Snyder".

I didn't make any effort to play down Snyder's awfulness I did acknowledge it believe me I'm acutely aware of all the shocking things he's done and im as excited as anyone that he's going as you correctly say its the greatest moment in the modern history of the franchise but just because whoever comes in is replacing Dan that doesn't mean they shouldn't be scrutinised to a far higher standard. We've suffered long enough, many for far longer than myself and we deserve at least the things I pointed out in my original post.

• Like 2

Dan Snyder is the legit worst owner in the history of the NFL.

He took one of the greatest, most valuable franchises in the world, and turned it into a dumpster fire. If you were there during the glory years, when there was a 50 year wait for season tickets, and next to none opposing fans in the stadium you would know what little Danny has done to this franchise is beyond staggering . 

The idea that our next owner could possibly be anywhere as bad is just insane.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I understand your trepidation. However, as others have said, a new owner(s) would have to actually work awfully hard at it to be as bad as Farquaad. Sure, they may not be able to do much better at fielding winning teams, but I'd bet good money they won't do stupid stuff like screwing up player tributes, allowing the decaying stadium to almost kill fans/players or dump sewage on them, screw up the team's SB years, and on and on ad nauseum. If the new owner(s) put even a half decent product on the field without diddling the cheerleaders and treating the fans like garbage, it's a win. Even if by some chance we get someone equally as bad as Farquaad, at least we have a fresh new face to hate.

Even so, I think some things argue against it. First, as others have alluded to, you don't get the kind of money needed to buy an NFL franchise these days by finding a sucker to buy your dotcom company held together with duct tape and fraud. If you've got billions, you've almost certainly done something of note in the business world and have some talent at figuring out how things work. Second, given the financials, the new owner(s) will have to have a really good business plan to turn the financials around to justify the price they're paying. These things may not work out to on-field success, but at the least there's a decent chance the fan experience might be good. Just keep the mantra below in mind and you won't have to worry about being disappointed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Dan Snyder is the legit worst owner in the history of the NFL.

He took one of the greatest, most valuable franchises in the world, and turned it into a dumpster fire. If you were there during the glory years, when there was a 50 year wait for season tickets, and next to none opposing fans in the stadium you would know what little Danny has done to this franchise is beyond staggering . 

The idea that our next owner could possibly be anywhere as bad is just insane.

Echo that.  

There are other bad owners.  Some are cheap.  Some are incompetent.  Some interfere.  Some are aloof and detached from the fan base.  Some are sleazy.

But what owner can we think of is a combination of all of these bad qualities and its not just a minor version of it -- he's the worst version of all of it.

Dan Synder as the owner means they are either stuck at Fedex or the stadium is in Dumfries, a 50,000 sitting modest stadium to boot,  We continue to be the Siberia of FAs, where players with options don't want to come.  We have FO turmoil because he runs that building with fear.  Worst facilities -- everything 2nd class.   And we continue to likely lose and find our way into the news only because of Dan's sleazy culture. 

Dan basically took a brand like Pepsi Cola and turned it into some generic store brand that hardly anyone drinks,

As Sheehan likes to say, they can teach a business course about how it is indeed possible to ruin a name brand -- and Dan's work with this team would be the featured narrative.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Anybody but Dan. I think it's maybe on a higher level the hate for him and what has been done to the team.  At least we would get a few years to celebrate Snyder gone. We have not had much to celebrate since he has been here..  The dream is over for Dan and his (he did nothing wrong excuses). He has to sell while it still has some value.  Cross your fingers and hope is about all we can do about a new owner. I hope he has to sell for less too, his boat sinks, his jet blows up, his house won't sell, he gets sued by Bezos and loses.  Karma please.

Edited by skinsfan66

5 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Breos could buy the two teams if he wanted to.

Anyway, if what was offered for the team is less than 6B, then I expect Bezos to value this team around this number as well.

Dan can ask for 7B as much as he wants to, I don't see any reason why Bezos would offer 7B, if he can tops everyone with 6B.

Seems we aren't really done with this story yet as Dan is doing Dan sutff as always. We're going for another few weeks/months of drama with Dan not getting his price and being the laughing stock of the NFL because we still can't be sold correctly.

Edited by Wildbunny
typos!