Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He and Loverro talked about the new owner doing something to indicate changes are on the way so to speak as a gesture to the fans that this team has lost.

What options are there that could be implemented by season start 2023?

To me its two options. A GM overseeing things for the first time this millennium. And sweeping price reductions of concessions, parking, tickets, and really anything else you can think of. 

9 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

What options are there that could be implemented by season start 2023?

To me its two options. A GM overseeing things for the first time this millennium. And sweeping price reductions of concessions, parking, tickets, and really anything else you can think of. 

I like the sweeping reductions in concessions, Atlanta Falcons style.

Maybe making some fast progress on the stadium. 

I like the GM idea personally but I think that's more for hardcore NFL fans, i don't think it moves the needle for the casual fan they lost.  

A new owner just being accessible alone would be a sea change -- explain your vision, etc.  Dan never cared to explain because he had all those social phobias. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I'm having doubts that Ron is the right man for the job, but I wouldn't care if he got a five-year extension just as long as Snyder is gone.

I don't really think that the new owner(s) will make immediate changes to the FO, it will probably be too close to the draft and FA to rock the boat. 

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

QUICK SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF THIS MAKES ME HAPPY OR MAD

This guy was on sportstalk last week and went out of his way to say he's friends with the Snyder's and brought up how they feel they've been unfairly attacked so often. Color me suspicious, and wondering if a friend is trying to do his pal a solid by trying to push the price. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My dream is Dan is out.  I don't need anything else, not even a whit more even if I hated the coach which I don't.  Dan out changes everythiing IMO.

But to stay on this point, I listened to Sheehan's podcast where he said he followed up with some people in the know after his podcast interview with the NY Post reporter and those people backed many of the NY reporter points including Dan is unlikely to get the figure in the sale he wants.  And the challenge to recapture the fan base overhangs this some.  He and Loverro talked about the new owner doing something to indicate changes are on the way so to speak as a gesture to the fans that this team has lost.  They think the new owner will spend some money-effort to try to get these fans back.

He again doubled down on the declining income from this team being relevant, the team has been losing sales in recent years, its a trend that has gotten worse, not better.  He mentioned again the 150 million net in revenues.

Some of that old fanbase is never coming back. The name change gave some a reason to sever ties forever.

The new owner needs to lure in the young folks or else he won’t succeed. To do that, you need to build a consistent winner.

It’s probably going take at least consecutive playoff seasons for fans believe things are different. Then the team has to be a consistent winner.

Also, improving the game day experience.

• Like 4

... a gesture to the fans that this team has lost. 

Just win. 

Go to/win the SB ... and FedEx/New RFK/sports bars will be packed. Merchandise/revenue will be through the roof.   Problem solved.

Just ****ing win.

1 minute ago, -9- said:

Just win. 

Go to/win the SB ... and FedEx/New RFK/sports bars will be packed. Merchandise/revenue will be through the roof.   Problem solved.

Just ****ing win.

Sure but is a new owner going to have the patience to ride on the hope that the team turns into a winner from the jump.

5 hours ago, London Kev said:

I'm having doubts that Ron is the right man for the job, but I wouldn't care if he got a five-year extension just as long as Snyder is gone.

I don't really think that the new owner(s) will make immediate changes to the FO, it will probably be too close to the draft and FA to rock the boat. 

True, but the new owner likely to have a Gm type overseeing what Ron and his gms do. The owner will be dictating what we do the rest of the offseason. Whatever Ron plans to do now, it’s likely altered once a new owner takes over.

After the draft, the permanent Gm will be hired.

A new owner just being accessible alone would be a sea change -- explain your vision, etc.  Dan never cared to explain because he had all those social phobias. 

Like the Ron Rivera introduction....in January.

“Good afternoon,” Snyder said before ripping off his glasses. “First off, Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.”

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure but is a new owner going to have the patience to ride on the hope that the team turns into a winner from the jump.

9452DD86-3E28-40B0-9F60-BA1A5C4A38F6.jpeg.b2ec246b499b282f9b3ddd0e068e63f9.jpeg

"What one man can do ... another can do."

Friggin' Philly's done it twice in 5/6 years.  

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, -9- said:

9452DD86-3E28-40B0-9F60-BA1A5C4A38F6.jpeg.b2ec246b499b282f9b3ddd0e068e63f9.jpeg

"What one man can do ... another can do."

Friggin' Philly's done it twice in 5/6 years.  

Philly wasn't dealing with fans bolting in droves.   It wasn't a rehab job with their fans.  This team on the other hand is dead last in the league in attendance among other things. 

I am not arguing against the value of patiently building a team.  I just got my doubts (seems like beat reporters likewise have their doubts)  that a new owner will just let it all ride without making some major moves to show things are changing -- and those moves don't have to be personnel related but something. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Becoming a winning org is a great way to rope fans back in and rebuild the interest in the franchise.

But it does jack all to lure fans back week 1 2023.

That is gonna require a different tactic, one with more immediate payoff.

New owner has bills to pay, they will want fan reclamation both now and later.

Long term, you build a stadium with a unique fan experience. The game day experience has to be top notch. That will take time to get that new stadium built. Probably 3-4 years after team is sold before new stadium opens.

Short term, you need to make the experience better now. Yeah, JunkEx limits that but you have to make whatever short term improvements you can.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Becoming a winning org is a great way to rope fans back in and rebuild the interest in the franchise.

But it does jack all to lure fans back week 1 2023.

That is gonna require a different tactic, one with more immediate payoff.

New owner has bills to pay, they will want fan reclamation both now and later.

I’m not even sure there will be time for a basic uniform redesign and roll-out between March/April and August. This feels like it’s just going to be an awkward transitional season, and we’ll need to just deal with it. If that’s the case, I know I’ll be happy to take it in stride. 

If Harris and the other anonymous bidder are shy of the $6b and are scrambling for investment then that surely raises two things:

1. Any future stadium deal would again be heavily reliant on area investment, and I know I know all stadium deals are and this will be no different but I just feel if you have a bit more financial clout then you probably have a bit more option as to where the new stadium lands.

2. Surely if Bezos wants to make a run, then it wouldn't require too much running? If they're struggling to get to $6b it just strikes me as it's his if he wants it regardless of if Dan likes him or not.

I will take a lame duck year from our coaching staff.  I’m OK missing out on free agents or resigning our own free agents for a year.  The ****ing pig mascot, the terrible game day experience, all the embarrassment with the name of the team, all the prior losing seasons, watching every other NFC East team rise while we continue to flounder….

as long as Snyder is GONE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1