Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Forget about Payton and him being hired for the moment, the fact that he eluded to Commanders ownership groups reaching out is huge in regards to the "potential" sale. I think this reinforces the fact that there is a lot going on behind the scenes by potential bidders and everyone is being as tight lipped as possible.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Forget about Payton and him being hired for the moment, the fact that he eluded to Commanders ownership groups reaching out is huge in regards to the "potential" sale. I think this reinforces the fact that there is a lot going on behind the scenes by potential bidders and everyone is being as tight lipped as possible.

That has to strike fear in Ron. He should know he’s dead man walking.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I like that some of the potential ownership groups are trying to hit the ground running.

If they are eyeballing Sean, they they are likely gaming out a number of different impacting factors in and around the franchise. Stuff like the stadium and branding, or front office guys.

That could go a long way with our ability to get the show on the road once this thing goes down. Could start with some splashy moves early.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Conn said:

Is that guy joking? We haven’t heard from Snyder in ages, and probably never will again other than an announcement memo when the team is sold. He’s a coward. He is absolutely going out with a whimper, slipping away quietly into the night. Holding out for the best price possible for the one asset that props up his entire existence as a billionaire does not mean at all that things are going poorly or that Snyder is fighting to stick around. This seems to be as good as done with only the timeline and eventual buyer still to play out. Whether it’s March or June or whatever, who cares. It’s clearly happening! Short term impatience is a small price to pay for permanent removal of our biggest problem. People are getting too jittery about it imo. 

Not only that—in the absence of any big news to the contrary, we are actually still on course for the quickest possible timeline anyone could have expected. It’s just quiet, and that’s fine.

Its either fade into the night quietly or publically hung with the MJW investigation and the loan repayment. I still contend the loan will be held as a carrot by the league. "Sell under your control to the highest bidder who will be Bezos. If you dont we will vote you out and we will sell it to bezos while also forcing you to pay back the loan and releasing the MJW."

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I like that some of the potential ownership groups are trying to hit the ground running.

If they are eyeballing Sean, they they are likely gaming out a number of different impacting factors in and around the franchise. Stuff like the stadium and branding, or front office guys.

That could go a long way with our ability to get the show on the road once this thing goes down. Could start with some splashy moves early.

Just hope the new ownership group isn’t like the Walton/Penner group w/Broncos… in just 1 yr have done some very questionable moves… throwing years of picks and then restructuring Wilson’s contract before even taking  a snap and then dealing draft picks for a HC who imho isn’t any better then Brian Billick was… both only have 1 SB ring but at least Billick didn’t have a HOF QB in Brees, he did however have the best Defense…Payton imho has to be 1 of the most over rated HC of all time… at least modern times

Edited by ashlynskins

36 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Yeah if you are a business group and you are taking over this organization its not rocket science that its a franchise desperate for some splash or something to get people talking about this team for a change in a positive way.

Do I think Sean Payton is a better coach than Ron?  Yes.  Did i want him? no  Purely because of draft compensation.

The main interesting thing is what can they do, though?  Quick progress on a stadium might do it.

People like us on the board live and die with everything so we aren't the target audience.  The target audience would be the more casual fan as far what they can do to get their attention, that's hard but I haven't given it much thought.  Brady if he didn't retire would do that.  Sean Payton ditto.    

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

No more HCs in control. Give me a GM after a true GM search has taken place for the first time in my life. 

Unless I missed something Sean Payton didn't get control.  Isn't George Paton still in charge?

Coaches usually don't get control.  But with this team, coaches should demand control because if you don't have it Dan becomes the defacto GM.

Dan selling woud mean everything.  The idea of having a parade if he sells to me is not hyperbole -- its an absolute game changer. 

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The main interesting thing is what can they do, though?  Quick progress on a stadium might do it.

People like us on the board live and die wit everything so we aren't the target audience.  The target audience would be the more casual fan as far what they can to get their attention, that's hard but I haven't given it much thought.

If they want the general audience they need something with more of an instant impact. The promise of a new stadium is nice, but the pay-off is 5 years down the road. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

In terms of quicker hitters, they can:

-Get a big name. Usually this is player centric, but some owners like Jay-Z and Bezos help this with their own presence. A big name coach like Peyton would have aided as well.

-New coat of paint on the team. Whether a full re-brand or just a refresh.

-General pageantry. A new marketing campaign emphasizing a new direction.

-Bump up the good will efforts. Public facing charity kind of stuff

• Like 1

Really love hearing that there are ownership groups planning ahead like that. Glad we didn’t trade for Payton, personally. But it’s cool to know that various potential future owners are already trying to line up moves. 

Hearing Payton talk about what this franchise used to be, and can be again, was unexpectedly cool. Maybe it’s not fair to Rivera in this time of transition…but I can’t wait until the changes start flowing. Unless Sam Howell is a beast, I’ll be spending all next season counting down the days till the new ownership group starts making FO moves (and a GM could technically come much earlier, but we’ll see). 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Sleazy move by Payton to put that out there.  

Agree, mega sleazy, he has to know how it would make Ron look bad -- and of course it makes Sean look good which I gather is why he said it.

Selfishly, I am glad he did say it because it makes it feel even better that a sale is coming. 

Diane Russini sort of implied that Sean is being looked at by this team (without flat out saying it) a couple of weeks ago, I guess she was on to something.

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If they want the general audience they need something with more of an instant impact. The promise of a new stadium is nice, but the pay-off is 5 years down the road. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

In terms of quicker hitters, they can:

-Get a big name. Usually this is player centric, but some owners like Jay-Z and Bezos help this with their own presence. A big name coach like Peyton would have aided as well.

-New coat of paint on the team. Whether a full re-brand or just a refresh.

-General pageantry. A new marketing campaign emphasizing a new direction.

-Bump up the good will efforts. Public facing charity kind of stuff

Good stuff there.

Yeah its a really interesing project they'd have.  If you look at it from a pure bsiness stand point its hard to just ride on we aren't Dan and then have sort of a boring off season.  Don't get me wrong them not being Dan means everything but I do think to attract the casual fan they need to strike with something else -- some narrative that the casual fan can cling to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

Really love hearing that there are ownership groups planning ahead like that. Glad we didn’t trade for Payton, personally. But it’s cool to know that various potential future owners are already trying to line up moves. 

Hearing Payton talk about what this franchise used to be, and can be again, was unexpectedly cool. Maybe it’s not fair to Rivera in this time of transition…but I can’t wait until the changes start flowing. Unless Sam Howell is a beast, I’ll be spending all next season counting down the days till the new ownership group starts making FO moves (and a GM could technically come much earlier, but we’ll see). 

I didn't watch it until you brought attention to what he said, so I just did.  Wow, good stuff.  Him talking about playing against Washington and 33% of the fans there were Saint fans and he wondered what happened to that franchise but is optimistic that we can get it back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

I'm wondering if Payton and Rivera don't get along or something. They were in the same division for many years...would Payton do this to hamstring Rivera?

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm wondering if Payton and Rivera don't get along or something. They were in the same division for many years...would Payton do this to hamstring Rivera?

There is usually a fraternity around coaches that would prevent stuff like this, just general respect.

I agree that Sean absolutely threw Riv under the bus, and he commented on another teams ownership situation and fanbase in ways most other guys would not. It would not have been too bad if he was still a "free agent" but this dude is a member of the Broncos talking about another team.

Sean should have never said what he said. It was amazingly disrespectful to Ron, the intimacy of the sale process and our team.

8 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

nah, doubt it. Imo he’s a guy who was always pretty comfortable in front of the camera who got even more so during the year he just spent in the media. He clearly likes the spotlight to a degree and enjoyed this process of different parties wanting his services. I don’t think he really meant anything by this, even though it’s a little scummy. He’s just got loose lips. He’s still in talking head mode, maybe a bit too much. He’s a bit arrogant and I think he just hasn’t reigned in his media personality yet. He’s a celebrity coach at this point, weirdly. He’s still the storyline right now and hasn’t moved on. I would be a little leery of that if I were a Broncos fan. 

Edited by Conn

FWIW, I'm confident that Josh Harris, should he be the new owner, would not come in and clean house. He'll see where things are and then make adjustments and in a good way. Harris will spend to get the best but he is also pretty loyal to a fault in my opinion. He left Brett Brown run the Sixers for too long after Brown steered the team through the tanking years. Once the Sixers got good and loaded up with stars like Embiid and Jimmy Butler he let Brown have a chance to win with them and it likely cost the team a championship the year Toronto won it all. That being said, Ron better win next season or just about any owner would have to consider a change. 

One interesting thing is gonna be how soon new ownership is in place...if it's March then that seems like enough time to hire a new coach and GM before the draft but I don't see Harris making major changes, especially given the fact that RR is such a good company man which now includes receiving a major community/military driven award from the league.