Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, attacked at home

Cooked Crack

Just now, purbeast said:

Okay that is good.  I haven't seen or heard of it and it should be front and center IMO. 

Instead all I'm seeing is Trump Jr. making Halloween costume jokes and other things like that from their base.

It was in the first article I read about the attack. 

Trump Jr needs to shut his ****ing mouth. 

• Like 1

Was on a meeting call at work this morning and one of the guys on my team started repeating the "attacker was actually a leftist gay lover" conspiracy theory and seemed genuinely confused when I told him it had been debunked and wouldn't listen to me. Like, he wasn't even pissed or anything, he simply refused to believe that the right wing "news sources" he uses would mislead him.

These people are completely and utterly sucked in and there is no helping them.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

I’m in a Republican area. They are the majority, even if it’s a slight majority depending on exactly where you are when. 

Part of enjoying that majority, it seems, is them bringing things up from time to time. 

and anyone not a Republican just sort of sits quietly or gives a fake chuckle to move off the topic as quickly as possible. 

At my old job it would come up a lot. You can’t really say anything because if you piss off your client, all you’re going to get from your boss is “common man you know better than to discuss politics at work.”  The idea the other person brought it up doesn’t matter in the least 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Was on a meeting call at work this morning and one of the guys on my team started repeating the "attacker was actually a leftist gay lover" conspiracy theory and seemed genuinely confused when I told him it had been debunked and wouldn't listen to me. Like, he wasn't even pissed or anything, he simply refused to believe that the right wing "news sources" he uses would mislead him.

These people are completely and utterly sucked in and there is no helping them.

Just give him the classic "Shut the **** up, Donnie.  You're out of your element."

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Obviously this was an Antifa false flag operation. 

But also set my people free.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Real question is why did that come up in a work meeting lol.

Started with rando conversation about the economy then inexorably shifted into politics.

I actually tried to preemptively steer it away since I knew that's where it was headed. 

Obviously I was unsuccessful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

anyone not a Republican just sort of sits quietly or gives a fake chuckle to move off the topic as quickly as possible. 

"The amity that wisdom knits not,

folly may easily untie.

These ****es got folly in spades"

-Troilus and Cresida

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chants said:

I'd like to see the body cam footage before I completely dismiss it.  Wouldn't you?

Why don’t you need some molecule of evidence to consider it in the first place?

is “attacked by gay lover” a normal accusation you make when you hear about someone being attacked?

like I would think the normal workflow would go:

- show me evidence he has a gay lover

- ok… maybe. I mean I’m willing to wait for further evidence 

- show me evidence that this is that guy

- ok yeah maybe that’s what happened 

(evidence doesn’t need to be conclusive just like show me something that suggest the claim may be accurate) 

immediately considering he was attacked by a gay lover is super weird dude 

You’re a weird dude 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 5

Obviously the bottom of this all will be found.

Oh!
and it was during his police interview, and all over his social media.

The American right is constantly trying to weasel out from under **** they know they're responsible for.
Own it.

Be the alphas you pretend to be. 

When the body cam footage is released you'll demand to see Pelosi's last colonoscopy, his dental records as a child, and demand he produce the flying saucer that brought him to Earth from Planet Zarf.

You people couldn't be objectively honest if your life depended on it, and now it's probably too late for you to figure it out.

~Bang

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Chants said:

I'd like to see the body cam footage before I completely dismiss it.  Wouldn't you?

You think body cam footage may possibly rule out that these men were having a lovers spat? 

Just want to make sure I understand you correctly lol

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You think body cam footage may possibly rule out that these men were having a lovers spat? 

Just want to make sure I understand you correctly lol

Yeah, not exactly what I meant, but the spin you put on it made it pretty funny!  Hehehe!

Tucker Carlson Ignores Pelosi Suspect’s MAGA Grievances in the Very Criminal Complaint He Cites to Cast Doubt on Motive

Tucker Carlson used his monologue on Monday night to cast doubt on authorities’ version of events surrounding the attack on the husband of the speaker of the House.

However, while reading the charging documents against the suspect, the Fox News host omitted key details that contradicted his own monologue.

Officials say David DePape, 42, broke into the San Francisco home of Nancy Pelosi and Paul Pelosi early Friday morning. Nancy was not home at the time, but Paul was and managed to call police. When officers arrived, they say they found DePape and Pelosi angling for control of a hammer. That’s when, according to an FBI affidavit, DePape confessed to hitting the victim in the head. Pelosi remains hospitalized after undergoing surgery on a fractured skull.

DePape reportedly struggled with drug addiction and mental illness. He has been charged by the U.S. Department of Justice for assault and attempted kidnapping. He also faces state charges that include attempted homicide.

Some details about the incident are still murky, but the federal charging documents Carlson read on air are clear on a few points, even if Carlson supposedly isn’t.

In one instance, Carlson said it’s unclear how DePape entered the Pelosis’ home:

There is much in the story that remains muddy. How in fact did DePape get inside the home? That’s the first question.

The charging documents – from which Carlson was about to read – actually answer this question:

DePape stated that he broke into the house through a glass door, which was a difficult task that required the use of a hammer.

The documents also state that body camera footage shows broken glass near the door handle.

Later in his monologue, the Fox News host quoted the documents, where they say, “When the door was opened, Pelosi and DePape were both holding a hammer with one hand and DePape had his other hand holding onto Pelosi’s forearm Pelosi greeted the officers. The officers asked them what was going on. DePape responded that everything was good.”

The use of the passive voice prompted Carlson to ask:

Opened by whom? Common sense suggests it probably couldn’t have been Pelosi or DePape who opened it. They were locked in a life-or-death drama, a struggle over a hammer.

But the question of who opened the door is also answered in the charging documents:

DePape stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it. Pelosi grabbed onto DePape’s hammer, which was in DePape’s hand.

Finally, Carlson scoffed at the idea the attack was politically motivated, as had been reported.

But according to the complaint, DePape explained to law enforcement he had a very specific motive:

DePape stated that he was going to hold Nancy hostage and talk to her. If Nancy were to tell DePape the “truth,” he would let her go, and if she “lied,” he was going to break “her kneecaps.” DePape was certain that Nancy would not have told the “truth.” In the course of the interview, DePape articulated he viewed Nancy as the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Bang said:

Obviously the bottom of this all will be found.

Oh!
and it was during his police interview, and all over his social media.

The American right is constantly trying to weasel out from under **** they know they're responsible for.
Own it.

Be the alphas you pretend to be. 

When the body cam footage is released you'll demand to see Pelosi's last colonoscopy, his dental records as a child, and demand he produce the flying saucer that brought him to Earth from Planet Zarf.

You people couldn't be objectively honest if your life depended on it, and now it's probably too late for you to figure it out.

~Bang

~Bang, do you have a job?  I mean other than posting here?  How many hours does it take to get to your post count?

But I think you're a talented man.  The colonoscopy thing was pretty funny.  Do a cartoon about that.  I mean, seriously, it's pretty dang bang funny!  It put a smile on my face.  I'd pay you for it.  So?  Write up a cartoon about how rightwingers are seeking a colonoscopy in addition to police body cam footage.  It was funny here (seriously, my sides are totally splitting) so it should be funny in the real world.