Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I 99% of the time feel like these posts are BS, and that folks get ability and effort confused.

But I have to agree today, this team has looked plodding, slow and uninspired in all 3 phases.

I don't normally blame coaching but today it looks like the guys just aren't prepared to play. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Capsman said:

When you have guys like Sweat who literally can’t sniff the QB for 8 seconds, that’s asking a lot of the secondary.  He was so far out of the play Goff ran in his direction to escape pressure from his left.  Time to cut Mr. “We’re gonna get 40 sacks between us” loose.  Just the fact that he has such little knowledge of his own ability is scary.  

nothing is going well so far but Sweat lead the league in pressures last week lol, chill 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I 99% of the time feel like these posts are BS, and that folks get ability and effort confused.

But I have to agree today, this team has looked plodding, slow and uninspired in all 3 phases.

Yeah, something is just not right. 

I don't think it's motivation or effort.  Or preparation.

I don't know what it is.  Maybe Wes Schweitzer is actually the MVP of the team and without him, the offense can't function, and everybody quit? (I juest)

It's also possible it's one of those days where everything that can go wrong does all at the same time.  Every team has those from time to time. 

Let's see.  

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

Unless playcalling changes drastically, there's no way.

im not seeing a play calling issue, I’m seeing a line that can’t block the lions.  That last drive, was a play caller trying to compensate for a line on roller skates.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see screen passes next.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

We are not even close to the Eagles. 

Thats what happens when you have a real GM who is willing to do a REAL rebuild. They are stacking First rounders and filling that team with an incredible amount of talent. The plan here is to always be mediocre. We refuse to rebuild. 

• Thumb up 1

Until the O-line either run blocks and/or pass blocks the Detroit pass rush better, I don't see how this turns around.  If there was any kind of script to start the game, that should be exhausted by now and hopefully Turner starts calling plays according to what he's actually seeing on the field versus "we picked these 15 plays to run during the week during practice"