Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

Reyes is in a tougher spot than last year in terms of competition it seems (maybe to the point of being a long shot to make the 53), but I do love hearing that he’s not having to think out there.  Not just because that’s the comfort level players strive to get to, but also it’s a testament to the work he’s put in.  Good luck to the young man.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Reyes is in a tougher spot than last year in terms of competition it seems (maybe to the point of being a long shot to make the 53), but I do love hearing that he’s not having to think out there.  Not just because that’s the comfort level players strive to get to, but also it’s a testament to the work he’s put in.  Good luck to the young man.

Even if Logan is healthy at the end of camp and they open with him on the 53, I can’t see Reyes making the team or even the PS squad. He was a feel good story but if Curtis Hodges or Armani Rodgers shows they can block, I see those guys ahead of Reyes. 

Im particularly intrigued by Hodges. Guy is 6’7 and had some durability issues at ASU. He reminds of Donald Parham who we let go a few years back. Rogers is a former qb in college and could be similar to the development of Logan. Bates and Turner are pretty much locks so I think it comes down to Hodges or Rogers as the third and whoever doesn’t make it being on the PS. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You can always tell who has never held a meaningful leadership role in their entire life by the way they comment on these types of things.  It's abundantly clear who has never had to deal with a **** storm of epic proportion while trying to lead a group of men on the day to day.

Those are some impressive powers of deduction you have there lol. 

I was just thinking it's kind of rare for an NFL coach to throw their owner under the bus like that...particularly a guy like Ron. 

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

It was interesting to read that he was getting reps with the 1’s today. It’ll be worthwhile to see if that continues throughout camp or if it was a nod to his tenure compared to anyone other than Bates whose out there. I would also add that he has proven special teams value as well so that can benefit his chances some for sticking around. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

Those are some impressive powers of deduction you have there lol. 

I was just thinking it's kind of rare for an NFL coach to throw their owner under the bus like that...particularly a guy like Ron. 

Fair enough, the guy you quoted referred to it as “planting the seeds” for when things don’t go well, to blame it on Snyder’s problems.  There are fans that really downplay the impacts of dysfunction and how much harder it makes a coaches job.  I attribute that to folks who don’t have much life experience leading through tough situations, particularly situations they really had no part in, but have to trudge through anyways.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Shakazullo21 on the off-chance you didn’t get what @Bifflog meant (I’m 95% certain you did, but just in case), he meant no Samuel on the PUP list. 

Not at all sure why this post received a “thumbs down” from you, @skinsfan4128. I was explaining what he meant by “no Samuel”. Shakazullo21 did infact misunderstand it, and he thanked me for clearing it up. Is clearing up peoples confusion a bad thing? 🙄

I was actually meaning how you expect Samuel to be back on IR. I concede my mistake.

However,  I do find it amusing how a "thumbs down" seems to get your grits cooking.🤣

HTTR!

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

The coaches and training staffs' performance just started, while the players are just putting their costumes on.

I could care less about the results of practice reps as long as the player gets in line for the next one.

Most important ability being availability, I'm glad Curtis Samuel was practicing. He better be there tomorrow!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

This would actually be a great way to get fans emotionally invested in this team. There’s no juice this season. There hasn’t been in a long time since 2012 really.

There was juice in 2016. Surprise playoff year, surprise young QB (Cousins) who was good but we were hoping was great, Garcon, DJax, surprise elite TE weapon with Reed's route running, rookie Josh Doctson, and surprise young superstar OC in Sean McVay. There was definite juice for the 2016 season.

I don't usually do this. Normally, I run off to "The Tailgate" when the season is over, but here I am...reading pages, upon pages of this thread, pouring through tweets and even watching videos about training camp and OTAs, contract negotiations, etc. I can't lie! I'm getting excited man! **** it, lets do this! I'm buying in, man!

*takes off clothes*

We're gonna be awesome this year, dude! Playoffs like a mother****er! Come at me, bro!

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Even if Logan is healthy at the end of camp and they open with him on the 53, I can’t see Reyes making the team or even the PS squad. He was a feel good story but if Curtis Hodges or Armani Rodgers shows they can block, I see those guys ahead of Reyes. 

Im particularly intrigued by Hodges. Guy is 6’7 and had some durability issues at ASU. He reminds of Donald Parham who we let go a few years back. Rogers is a former qb in college and could be similar to the development of Logan. Bates and Turner are pretty much locks so I think it comes down to Hodges or Rogers as the third and whoever doesn’t make it being on the PS. 

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking to be honest.  After thinking about it though, I amended my post slightly just because

1) Reyes missed OTAs, so we didn’t get a chance for any positive blurbs like we got for the other TEs.

2) He comes across as a crazy hard worker - I don’t like to write guys like that off.

3) He was beyond raw last year.  Considering the adjustment normal rookies face, his must have been exponentially more difficult.

4) He’s an athletic freak.

So I’m not saying all that to argue your point, just that after rehashing those factors in my head, I decided for more of a wait and see stance (I’m still skeptical of his chances though for sure).

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

There was juice in 2016. Surprise playoff year, surprise young QB (Cousins) who was good but we were hoping was great, Garcon, DJax, surprise elite TE weapon with Reed's route running, rookie Josh Doctson, and surprise young superstar OC in Sean McVay. There was definite juice for the 2016 season.

Was that the “You Like That” year? 

11 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

"You Like That" was 2015 and took us all by surprise. 2016 was the first off-season we could have had juice post "You Like That".

Yep. Then there was “how do you like me now” in 2016, following the SNF W against the packers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.33.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.34.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.34.38 PM.png

"Washington plans to find ways to get Gibson the ball in space instead of forcing him inside."

Holy dog****, who is the goddamn genius that finally realized that the best use of a fast and elusive college wide receiver who was occasionally used on outside gadget run plays is getting him the ball in space instead of trying to force him into a role as an every down between the tackles running back?

9gH4.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

"Washington plans to find ways to get Gibson the ball in space instead of forcing him inside."

Holy dog****, who is the goddamn genius that finally realized that the best use of a fast and elusive college wide receiver who was occasionally used on outside gadget run plays is getting him the ball in space instead of trying to force him into a role as an every down between the tackles running back?

9gH4.gif

Agree.   

I think Robinson is a game changer to help on that front because they didn't have a bonafide gap-inside type runner on their roster.  Now they do.  I think Robinson is going to help a lot considering Gibson and McKissic as runners are more outside zone types and better in space.  And while Gibson wasn't used a lot in space, he did run outside zone a lot.   Patterson also an outside zone guy.  All that outside zone runs made their run game somewhat predictable to defend.   

I was listening to Greg Cosell who is really high on Robinson say in a recent podcast he thinks Robinson in the end will be their #1 go to RB.  I guess will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1