Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

47 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think this and the lack of spectators is more I sign of just fan apathy and exhaustion.

This fanbase just can't take anymore, they've been through too much and every time they try to regroup and re-energize there's a mike florio reminding us of how dysfunctional this team is and that we as fans should feel at least partially responsible. 

I haven't even renewed my Sunday ticket and am not sure if I'm going to.

This is unquestionably the most apathetic I've ever been in my 40 years as a fan and they better come out the gate this year real fast or my curiosity will turn to nothing in a hurry.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Ah, what could have been lol...he's now Rivera's version of Su'a Cravens...

I remember reading about how smart AGG is and how many varied interests he had, and thinking that it could potentially be a hindrance for him to be that kind of smart in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of smart NFL players, but I think to succeed in the NFL it helps to be smart, but in a way that's 100% laser focused on football and almost nothing else.

AGG seems more like a "renaissance man" kind of smart where he's super intelligent and really good at all sorts of different things. But with that variety of interests comes the likelihood that being insanely focused on only one thing in life is not really his cup of tea.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I remember reading about how smart AGG is and how many varied interests he had, and thinking that it could potentially be a hindrance for him to be that kind of smart in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of smart NFL players, but I think to succeed in the NFL it helps to be smart, but in a way that's 100% laser focused on football and almost nothing else.

AGG seems more like a "renaissance man" kind of smart where he's super intelligent and really good at all sorts of different things. But with that variety of interests comes the likelihood that being insanely focused on only one thing in life is not really his cup of tea.

Eh, I saw an interview or article or something of him. I wouldn't say super intelligent, rather he's interested in deep dives of all of his hobbies. I don't think football was a hobby for him, but rather a job he happened to be somewhat good at. There's clear attention to great detail for things he's interested in, but for everything else it sounded like he did not care to learn.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

He may be smart, but is he Taylor Heinicke smart? Differential equations are next level.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/calculus/differential-equations-first-order-linear.html

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Knee brace and/or knee supports post op and rehab serve a couple purposes and have an accumulated negative.

Knee braces are rigid and restrict the range of motion to protect the joint from increasing range in one or both directions. Even though they are light weight, they're bulky and tend to limit the athlete.  Knee supports or sleeves can be worn below the brace to provide a compression wrap affect, giving support to connective tissues and aide in join support.  Knee supports or sleeves, by themselves provide an aide in supporting the joint, however they limit the strengthening of the joint as any aide will do some of the work of the supporting structures (ligaments and tendons).

Not using a brace or support will give the athlete more confidence and strength gains faster than the use of braces or supports.  Most athletes use supports to prevent injuries or limit irritation from overuse injuries like tendonitis.

Using a support for an athlete that is post op rehab for an ACL and who will be running and cutting would benefit from a sleeve, while explosive strength athletes would be slower in gaining strength with similar use. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

What a different tone than ota's and mini camps.

Back then we thought the offense was unstoppable and the defense was worthless. 

It's Day 2.

Honestly, I said the over/under for this offense to be clicking was Halloween.  I think I said that BEFORE they traded for Wentz or drafted Dotson.  Because there were going to be a lot of moving pieces:

- New QB (I knew they weren't going to ride with TH, so I just assumed SOMEBODY new was going to be here.

- New WR

- 2 new OL at least, maybe 3 to open the season

- Thomas coming off of ACL, so probably new starting TE

- Probably a new RB in the mix

(Granted, at that point, I don't think they had re-signed Lucas, Leno or McKissic.  

That's a lot of change for an offense.  

I think Wentz is good, but he's learning a brand new offense, and it's going to take some time.  

I just want them to be effective early, (though still being aggressive) as they gel and come together.  I do not want to see a run-first attack ever during the season though.  Like, ever ever.  Ever ever ever.  

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's Day 2

No, I totally get that, I'm not writing this offense off at all.

It was merely an observation that during ota's and mini camps the reporters were all remarking about how the offense looked so crisp and it was different from previous years.

Many posters also commented on how it llwas unusual for the offense to be so far ahead of the defense at that time of the year.

Then training camp hits and it's the total opposite. 

Just kind of strange is all. 

7 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

If you're right I'll eat crow. But I think you are extremely wrong for several reasons. 1) Schweitzer has been the starting center with Roullier out. 2). When playing Guard with Scherff out Espn advanced analytics had Wes rated as a top 10 guard in the league ahead of even Scherff last season. 3) Pff had Schweitzer graded 5 points higher than scherff and almost 10 points higher than turner last season. 4) The amount of money you would save is negligible at this point in the offseason and hes a free agent after this season anyways. 5) Having him start at Rg helps with some of the continuity on the line from last season considering the amount of snaps he played. So I would bet money he's much more likely to be the starter at RG than to be cut.

I appreciate your thoughtful reply, not like KoolBlue who thinks he knows everything. I’m not saying Schweitzer is definitely getting cut but hear me out. Yes he has been a fairly solid backup but a “backup”. When we cut Flowers, not only did we bring in Norwell but also Turner both veteran guys who have Pro Bowl resumes. If Schweitzer is so good then why the need to bring in 2 vets?  

We will see how he does in camp and if he doesn’t win the job at RG AND we need to bring in a vet on defense for depth or injury, then $6 million for a backup just doesn’t make sense. I know Ron says he wants to keep 10 lineman so Wes has that going for him but if Paul shows something or Larsen/Ismeal step up then keeping Wes is a luxury not a necessity. 

My 2 cents. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I appreciate your thoughtful reply, not like KoolBlue who thinks he knows everything. I’m not saying Schweitzer is definitely getting cut but hear me out. Yes he has been a fairly solid backup but a “backup”. When we cut Flowers, not only did we bring in Norwell but also Turner both veteran guys who have Pro Bowl resumes. If Schweitzer is so good then why the need to bring in 2 vets?  

We will see how he does in camp and if he doesn’t win the job at RG AND we need to bring in a vet on defense for depth or injury, then $6 million for a backup just doesn’t make sense. I know Ron says he wants to keep 10 lineman so Wes has that going for him but if Paul shows something or Larsen/Ismeal step up then keeping Wes is a luxury not a necessity. 

My 2 cents. 

I think the biggest reason for the second vet  especially in Trai Turner is for the exact situation we’ve been in most of the off-season.  Where if rouiller or Norwell get injured Wes can slide into one of those roles with Turner sliding into the spot vacated by Wes with minimal dropoff. Especially considering Turners experience in the system and with Matsko. I do expect to Wes to be the starter. Like I said I’ll definitely eat crow if you end up right and he’s cut. I just think he provides too much value as the possible starter and RG and insurance for Roullier.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

My 2 cents. 

It's an absurd notion and deserves the response it got. I dont know much, but were not cutting the guy who is a starter at all three interior positions at any moment a year after we had injury after injury on the Oline. 

We have plenty of cap to sign players.

Sorry if my response came off as insensitive. I was just shocked by such a silly post 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

It was just a big scam. I bet they had 2 spots open. Of course you wouldn't win if they had 2 spots open and 20 or 30 people sign up.

Not quoting you for any reasons regarding your response, rather seeing if you or anyone else has thoughts on if this could be some type of protest?

Dirtbag did testify today, so something is up.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Not quoting you for any reasons regarding your response, rather seeing if you or anyone else has thoughts on if this could be some type of protest?

Dirtbag did testify today, so something is up.

Listened to The WFT Pod with JP, Pete and Mitch, they discussed the low fan attendance. Their opinion is there’s nothing malicious going on (nobody protesting or anything), Mitch said it could just be that people had work, and that Saturday could be bigger, with it being the weekend, and military appreciation day. 

(Note: this is all THEIR opinion, NOT MINE, so don’t shoot the messenger!!!!)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's an absurd notion and deserves the response it got. I dont know much, but were not cutting the guy who is a starter at all three interior positions at any moment a year after we had injury after injury on the Oline. 

Sorry if my response came off as insensitive. I was just shocked by such a silly post 

Bill Burr wouldn't approve.
{He's not getting cut}

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Listened to The WFT Pod with JP, Pete and Mitch, they discussed the low fan attendance. Their opinion is there’s nothing malicious going on (nobody protesting or anything), Mitch said it could just be that people had work, and that Saturday could be bigger, with it being the weekend, and military appreciation day. 

That's cool, I'll have to listen to it. JP probably would toe the line anyway and Pete will say anything. Mitch is like the tie breaker. Makes sense that their dumb lottery idea bit them in the ass, specifically if you can't transfer your ticket and can't make it. Jason Wright gets a minus.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL

Malicious?  Protesting is malicious?  And as far as I know, in the United States of America, its the same day whether you are in Washington or Denver or LA.  And all of them had massive attendance.  Clearly they should just rename it the WTF pod.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not familiar with this site but look at their potential surprise cut. 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/one-potential-surprise-cut-for-every-nfl-team/

Washington Commanders: Wes Schweitzer

Washington has seen many changes along their IOL this offseason, as they lost Brandon Scherff and parted ways with Ereck Flowers. After that, they signed Andrew Norwell and Trai Turner, as both veterans should transition smoothly into their new offense. Those moves leave Wes Schweitzer as the odd man out, as the former 6th round pick has done a good job playing multiple positions each year in his career. While he would be useful depth on the team, cutting Schweitzer could make sense since he likely will not start, and the move will save them almost $5M in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

5 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

With Gibson out, curious how much run Robinson is getting vs. McKissic these first few days. 

Robinson has been running almost exclusively with the 1’s from what I saw. McKissic may as well play a different position, really. But I’m sure they’re enjoying the chance to get their rookie significant reps, the vet knows what to do. Robinson is going to be key for us. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

LOL

Malicious?  Protesting is malicious?  And as far as I know, in the United States of America, its the same day whether you are in Washington or Denver or LA.  And all of them had massive attendance.  Clearly they should just rename it the WTF pod.

I don’t think they meant malicious as in, protesting is a bad thing to do and whoever did should be ashamed. I’ll have to listen to it again though to hear what exactly they meant by it. 

They’re actually all 3 very smart though so it really is a good podcast to listen to. They routinely **** all over the team, it’s a good listen :) 

• Like 1