Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That was 2015 after the Tampa game.

I don’t remember which gave the “how do you like me now?” Game was but that’s might have been in 2016. 

Posted that on the previous page, but yes the “how do you like me now” game was 2016. SNF Vs packers. 42-24 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

"Washington plans to find ways to get Gibson the ball in space instead of forcing him inside."

Holy dog****, who is the goddamn genius that finally realized that the best use of a fast and elusive college wide receiver who was occasionally used on outside gadget run plays is getting him the ball in space instead of trying to force him into a role as an every down between the tackles running back?

9gH4.gif

Exactly 🤦‍♂️

Best thing about the first 2 years of RR & Co. is they have plenty of tape and experience of what not to do. Year 3 will prove if they're just too

set in their ways and keep hammering round pegs into square holes. I have zero faith in JDR and his garbage, unimaginative, easily diagnosed BS scheme.

Zero roster depth at LB'er going into training camp is pure negligence.

• Like 2

Thank goodness we drafted Robinson! Sure Breece Hall may turn out to be the best stud running back from this past draft but BRob is the perfect running back for this team. He’s a one cut between the tackle runner with decent hands and doesn’t have too much wear and tear on his 225lb body. 

Personally I’m a little tired of Gibson being constantly dinged up especially this offseason when he supposedly got into better shape. Being that he was never a full time running back in college, I don’t think his body can take the pounding from the NFL. And he still hasn’t developed into an effective in between the tackle runner who falls forward. And where is his supposedly 4.3 speed? Yes he showed it once last year on that screen pass but he doesn’t show it hitting the hole especially after he always seems to pause at the line often. 

If BRob develops quickly I could see Antonio being phased out as the first and second down back. 

Interior DL will be nasty only if JDR unleashes them. I feel bad for the front 7 last year esp Chase.  Burning so many top picks for years and then for them to play like they did 100% points to coaching.

Guardian caps...I am longtime aka leather helmet thinker that hard shelled helmets lead to more concussions than they prevent. I predict 10 years from now the exterior of helmets will be padded not rock hard. It'll take the Riddell lawyers that long to get on board. Modding that 3 side cut in the top front a few years back confirms to me they know they need it more flexible.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Interior DL will be nasty only if JDR unleashes them. I feel bad for the front 7 last year esp Chase.  Burning so many top picks for years and then for them to play like they did 100% points to coaching.

Guardian caps...I am longtime aka leather helmet thinker that hard shelled helmets lead to more concussions than they prevent. I predict 10 years from now the exterior of helmets will be padded not rock hard. It'll take the Riddell lawyers that long to get on board. Modding that 3 side cut in the top front a few years back confirms to me they know they need it more flexible.

The coaches were publicly begging guys on the DL to stop freelancing and follow the scheme. Not sure how that falls anywhere but the players.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

That gif 😂

The kid completely lost his mind and forgot where he was and what he was doing! Do we know what sport they were watching?

Ah, yeah it's that kid next door who was always trying to play Truth or Dare with your sister.  I think it was basketball.

• Haha 2

If they're going to allow cameras at training camp I wish they'd put them in a boom lift and give them better cameras so we could get some decent shots.

It's nice to see the practice action but it's always so low and far away that you can't get a good look at it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

That gif 😂

The kid completely lost his mind and forgot where he was and what he was doing! Do we know what sport they were watching?

That’s a, if you ever need to explain Miami gif. Lol.

It’s him when he realizes the camera sees him AT A MARLINS GAME…

LOL. It’s the greatest gif ever.
I’m from here so, I’m not hating, lol. 

• Like 1

That clip of Terry and Sims running an out breaking route back to back… while I know it’s not fair to compare someone to Terry’s route running, seeing Sims round the route off instead of cutting is frustrating.  For one, he’s what, 5 yrs in?  And second, it’s probably the biggest thing (IMO) holding him back from being able to really shine as a receiver.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

That clip of Terry and Sims running an out breaking route back to back… while I know it’s not fair to compare someone to Terry’s route running, seeing Sims round the route off instead of cutting is frustrating.  For one, he’s what, 5 yrs in?  And second, it’s probably the biggest thing (IMO) holding him back from being able to really shine as a receiver.

I wrote him off 2-3 years ago when it was clear he had zero concept for how to adjust routes vs zone coverage. Was at Alabama for the full length of time, had been in the league for a few years at that point. If you don't get the nuances of the position by then, you aren't getting it.

• Like 1