Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

11 hours ago, Hail3 said:

He is a stud, knocking the pick because his name is similar to a guy who was a true head scratching, reach of a pick is laughable.  Dotson brought it against legit comp, always, and routinely stood out in those settings as one of the best players on the field across both sidelines.  Good head on his shoulders too, will be a hell of a weapon.  

It is still a REACH!

This pick will stink like the pick to get Jamin Davis and them trying to sell it to the fanbase. We kept being told the emperor is wearing a splendid garment only to find out he is stark naked.

I hope they hit on the 2 other picks they picked up by trading down. I also hope that he contributes as a Kick returner.

But this pick is a reach. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

A 10 yard sprint is not quick twitch.  A 10 yard sprint is straight line acceleration.  

What quick twitch is, and what Dotson supposedly has, is the 2-3 yard quick lateral and directional acceleration. The quick moves that in traffic, or immediately after catch allow him to jump one way or the other much faster than the other guy.  Absolutely nobody is getting a free 5 yard, much less 10 yard straight line run after catching a ball in the NFL, and if he is then I dont care if he runs it in 1.45 or 1.7.  Twitch also isnt moving forwards, any defender with the right speed can track a guy whos running straight in the direction... that hes running.  Its the ability to change direction(which is what actually gets separation), go side to side, and move at odd/different angles within a moment.  

Im not saying the guy will be any good or not, but lets be clear about what twitch is(or you can call it agility), what speed is, and what acceleration is.  

I didn't say a 10 yard sprint is quick twitch though. He said "and the splits indicate to me my assessment is accurate. Dotson starts much faster and is more quick twitch, Olave needs time to get the engine running. "

I didn't say anything about the quick twitch. I specifically said the numbers show the opposite and that they don't support that Olave needs longer to get the engine running and that Dotson starts faster. They actually show the opposite. Twitch and wiggle cannot be measured with split times. It's how a Jordan Reed won without great speed.

But this whole debate started with the Olave vs. Dotson speed debate, so it was about speed primarily and not about wiggle - which is more about foot movement and body control.

3 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

It is still a REACH!

This pick will stink like the pick to get

Jamin Davis and them trying to sell it to the fanbase. We kept being told the emperor is wearing a splendid garment only to find out he is stark naked.

I hope they hit on the 2 other picks they picked up by trading down. I also hope that he contributes as a Kick returner.

It is a reach if it doesn't work out. If he becomes a pro-bowler you be like damn the FO made a great pick. 

Who would you have picked at 16 if not trading back again?

• Thumb up 1

I wonder who the three teams were who contacted Washington about a trade.  I suspect that two or all three were behind Green Bay.  Heck, one of the teams could have been Green Bay.   They were not going to risk losing Dotson, so they turned down the trades and made the pick.

I heard Logan Paulsen say last night most of the people he trusts had Dotson as the 3rd best WR.

I think the disconnect is that people draw too many conclusions from talking heads who have never scouted but drive their opinions down our throats.

50% of the guys selected last night will have little impact next year and 25% of the rest will range from mildly impactful to stud level, nobody has a clue whose gonna hit the field and produce from day one, it's a crap shoot.

I do worry about his size, the smaller WRs who last seem to have serious muscle mass, like a Tyreek Hill.

The opposite side is Desean Jackson who has that small frame and his body started breaking down after 3 or 4 seasons in the league.

20 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I didn't say a 10 yard sprint is quick twitch though. He said "and the splits indicate to me my assessment is accurate. Dotson starts much faster and is more quick twitch, Olave needs time to get the engine running. "

I didn't say anything about the quick twitch. I specifically said the numbers show the opposite and that they don't support that Olave needs longer to get the engine running and that Dotson starts faster. They actually show the opposite. Twitch and wiggle cannot be measured with split times. It's how a Jordan Reed won without great speed.

But this whole debate started with the Olave vs. Dotson speed debate, so it was about speed primarily and not about wiggle - which is more about foot movement and body control.

And I thought the numbers were rolling 10s...

Which to explain my stance there: If it was a rolling 10 and Olave was that much faster, Dotson made up for the difference in acceleration. 

It wasn't a rolling 10 so the convo was moot. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

And I thought the numbers were rolling 10s...

Which to explain my stance there: If it was a rolling 10 and Olave was that much faster, Dotson made up for the difference in acceleration. 

It wasn't a rolling 10 so the convo was moot. 

Yeah I know. I just felt like it needed some clarification since I never argued the point that he (or the point you intended to make) made.

I love it. I wanted to recoup our lost picks and add a weapon. We went with one of the two cleanest WRs. 

He could have come out last year, but went back to a crappy PSU team to play the game he loves with his team mates. That's awesome.

Kid comes off as a vet pro already, McLaurin like personality and from a great family background. No injury history.

Might be a little small, but seeing the TY Hilton/Moss/Smith/Harrison type of comparisons makes him a perfect compliment to TMac. 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I never had an issue with Dotson as a player. I actually really liked him, he was my 3rd favorite receiver in the draft after Olave and Williams.

My issue was passing up on potential blue chippers like Hamilton and Williams and not playing the draft value game as well as some other teams. I still think our original plan was Olave/Williams/Hamilton at 16 and we made a bit of a panic move but it worked out because we still got a good player.

But at least we didn't take a G or something. Then I'd be irate.

My Patriot friends up here are LIVID with Belichick for reaching on the OG from Chattanooga. lol

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

It is still a REACH!

This pick will stink like the pick to get Jamin Davis and them trying to sell it to the fanbase. We kept being told the emperor is wearing a splendid garment only to find out he is stark naked.

If the Packers had taken him at 22, what would your thoughts on that have been?

8 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

My Patriot friends up here are LIVID with Belichick for reaching on the OG from Chattanooga. lol

As they should be. It’s ****ing absurd. Did you see McVay’s (drunk) reaction?

They we’re laughing because they scouted him as an option in the 3rd -4th round. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I enjoy how angry people get over a .04 40 time, 1 inch in height or 5/6 spots in the draft, even though other teams were trying to trade up for him at the spot we took him.

Haven't been able to see the reactions due to sick with COVID, so could you help a brother out and give me a frame of reference for the other teams trying to trade up? Were they trying to trade up when the Saints had 16 or when we got 16?

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

:ols:

I think it generally means short area agility and lateral quickness when in traffic.

That or something that really shouldn't be on a supposedly family friendly site like nfl.com

Yeah phone booth wiggle sounds like something the sex crimes unit would arrest you for.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I feel like Belichick is still under the delusion that he can draft pretty much anyone anywhere on offense and it will work out because he's still used to having Brady as his QB.

People always said he was such a brilliant draft guru because he constantly traded back, made unorthodox picks, and got production out of mid and late round picks on offense. But I think the truth of it is simply the fact that he had the greatest QB to ever play the game and Brady made everyone look about 3 times better than they actually were.

I think the "Bill Belichick is a genius" thing is going to go the way of the dodo over time. He has a pretty good QB in Jones, but I don't think he'll ever be more than that. He's definitely not good enough to make anyone else on offense look like an All Pro. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Haven't been able to see the reactions due to sick with COVID, so could you help a brother out and give me a frame of reference for the other teams trying to trade up? Were they trying to trade up when the Saints had 16 or when we got 16?

Mayhew said they were getting calls to trade back again from 16, but were afraid it was too far back to get a guy they liked.  He specifically said 20s and 30s which leads me to believe it was KC and GB.

Oh, and feel better.  My daughter’s class is having an outbreak.  Found out two hours before the draft and we are head to see her elderly grandparents this weekend.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Supposedly when we got to 16 GB and KC were trying to trade up for him. Aaron Rodgers said that when the top WRs went off the board, they decided to go defense.

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

John Bates had his own song too! 

Granted, it was performed by a Barbershop Quartet, but still...

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1