Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

Just off his Youtube highlights, he seems like a very smooth receiver. Quick feet, and acceleration. It would seem he should transition easier over to the NFL then say Dyami Brown could.

Sometimes playstyle makes a difference. Dyami is a long strider, whereas Doston has shifty feet. 

Better way to describe it is Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown.

• Thumb up 1

On 5/1/2022 at 5:40 PM, NickyJ said:

Remember when people said we'd have to stay with the wrong dates on our jerseys from that stupid crest? I remember.

Just taking a moment to feel happy about the team fixing something.

Untitled.jpg.04cd01d0ed4c0755851cc2a6c9354157.jpg

Even with the dates changed, this is just so dumb, IMO.  Put it on a shirt, fine, I can live with that.  But this is NOT soccer, despite what Wright wants.  All this crest does on an already terrible jersey is muddle it and distract from the name.  Like the oversized Commanders on the red jersey, all it does is distract.  Damn, this entire rebrand is just hot garbage, IMO, including the black jerseys and helmet.  How on earth do you screw up a black helmet?!  (By putting a big W on the front, that's how.)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:37 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Someone asked me to post McGinn's scouts take on Dotson. here it is.  As for the Wonderlic in his case I don't make much of it, he seems like a smart guy by reputation and in interviews. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 6.51.02 AM.png

I see so many comments about his size and weight, and the pundits wonder if he can stay healthy.  What a brief memory so many pundits seem to have.  They clearly don't remember one of the toughest WRs ever to play the game and a guy who also happened to be one of John Madden's favorite players.  

Gary Clark played at 5'9 175lbs and ran a 4.6.  The dude always played on bad hammies and still balled out ever single game.  His in-game toughness and game speed superseded all measurements.  And that dude absolutely should be in the HOF.  I'm not worried about Jahan staying healthy.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

^^ Brown and Gibby are both in the same range.

They have a lot of speed.

And they have a QB that can launch it.

Do you know who I really wish we had as OC right now?  I wish we had the 2000 version of Mike Martz.  I have nothing against Scott Turner.  But I think Martz's approach/style with this collection of weapons, assuming Wentz could hit open guys, man, it would be a ton of fun.

What I think is going to happen is we're going to run an explosive version of the Norv Turner offense, where we run the snot out of the ball a bunch and then start taking shots off of Play Action.  I think there will be a lot more shots than before, but I still think it's going to be a 55% pass, 45% run offense. 

I'd like to see Carson sling it.  Give me a 65/35 pass/run ratio.  I'd be happy.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do you know who I really wish we had as OC right now?  I wish we had the 2000 version of Mike Martz.  I have nothing against Scott Turner.  But I think Martz's approach/style with this collection of weapons, assuming Wentz could hit open guys, man, it would be a ton of fun.

Martz is overrated. Yeah he looked like a genius...when he had a HOF QB, RB, WR(two because Holt was also HOF caliber), and LT.

Edited by Warhead36

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Martz is overrated. Yeah he looked like a genius...when he had a HOF QB, RB, WR(two because Holt was also HOF caliber), and LT.

I disagree from the perspective that when he was with the Rams as OC, it was a revolutionary offense and don’t forget Warner was a backup QB who turned out to be a HOF 

But he coordinated and called a revolutionary offense.  And put those players in positions to win. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

^^ Brown and Gibby are both in the same range.

They have a lot of speed.

And they have a QB that can launch it.

What I think is going to happen is we're going to run an explosive version of the Norv Turner offense, where we run the snot out of the ball a bunch and then start taking shots off of Play Action.  I think there will be a lot more shots than before, but I still think it's going to be a 55% pass, 45% run offense. 

I'd like to see Carson sling it.  Give me a 65/35 pass/run ratio.  I'd be happy.  

60/40 relax.

~Wolffe 

~60+/40- while the game is competitive and you hope it goes well enough that it looks MUCH closer by the end of regulation, as you’ve laid on the running game with a multiple score lead gained through success in the air. That’s the ideal modern blueprint imo. That’s why you want to be able to pass and run, why you need to be able to pound and punish defenses even if you prefer to pass to gain the lead. 

Caught up with three interviews now from Dotson's WR coach.  Between that and watching Dotson on the Hey Rookie show, i got a really positive feeling about Dotson.

As I commented on the draft thread during my watches of the Hey Rookie show, Dotson came off as the dude that was the most impressive of those 5 players featured.  I said then his personality reminded me of Santana Moss.   I recall @KDawgsaying his play reminds him of Santana.  Looks like Cooley agrees.  I thought he reminded me some of Steve Smith which his Penn State Wr coach who played with Smith agreed with that comparison, ditto Rivera.  But yeah I can dig a combination of Santana and Steve Smith.  Not to put too much pressure on him. 😀

But the good vibes from me has a lot to do with his personality and how he's described by coaches.  He comes off very Terry like.  Uber professional, uber classy and polite -- wants to be great.  To me he exudes high intangibles quite like Terry. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to an interview just now of Dotson, really impressive guy.  I'd buy some serious stock on Dotson.  I liked him before the draft but like him even better now. 

What is on the back of that jersey? Commanders ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

What is on the back of that jersey? Commanders ???

Hard to make it out, but I think it says:

"Howellers"

And Dotson says, "AROOOO!" at the end of the clip. You have to listen real closely, though. 

• Haha 1

Some of you will get this but most won't:

If you've got "the eye" you always recognize it when you see it in someone else.

I'm telling you right now this kid has "the eye"...

My second favorite all time WFT coach famously called it the gleam...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6