Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

My favorite is still bagging on the pick because his name sounds like Doctson.  :ols:

My brain reads his name as Josh Dotson every time. 😖

I like the pick. I know jack about this year's draft class tho.

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

This pick will payoff if samuels stupid groin heals....mark my words....mclaurin samuel dotson and logan thomas to clean up???? Wentz can make things happen with this oh and btw two pretty good pass catching running backs to beef it up.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But I think that's what mostly we as fans have to go on...media mocks and insights.  You read enough, you start to see patterns about where guys are selected and what people think of them.  There are some really great posters on here who I enjoy reading that watch a lot of games, watch a lot of tape and write really great stuff, too.  

Yep, certainly not the biggest reach of the bunch, and that's fine.  But IMO, it kind of goes hand in hand with Hamilton being the better player/difference maker and you could have had him.  Those things are kind of related to me....that Hamilton wasn't a reach at 11 but Dotson was at 16.  Sure, that statement doesn't take into account who we take with the 3rd and 4th rounders we picked up so this story hasn't been completely told yet.

It's definitely what most of us have to go on, and it's not even that I'm saying it's that bad, look at that chart, they we're mostly right, even the "reaches" aren't so far off.  It'll diverge more the further we get from round 1, which is probably in sync with big boards from actual scouts and GM's, they start to diverge more from each other as well.

But consider this scenario, if I was a team owner who really wanted a shiny A or A+ post draft media grade, my best route to it would be to look at the guy who has the biggest change between projected draft position and the pick I'm at now, and I just take that guy, my evaluation be damned.  Do that three times in round 1 is kinda what the Jets did (not saying this was their actual methodology or they didn't actually kill it, but wouldn't this strategy always get an A grade from the media?).

Quantity over quality continues to curse this team. We had the most talented wr and S in the draft fall into our lap… I believe people are crazy in preferring two lottery ticket 4th rd picks instead of a likely blue chipper.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Quantity over quality continues to curse this team. We had the most talented wr and S in the draft fall into our lap… I believe people are crazy in preferring two lottery ticket 4th rd picks instead of a likely blue chipper.

This is kinda where I’m at. I really like Dotson as a player. I think we took him higher than he should have gone but that’s not really my issue at all because if you really have a player rated that high then go for it. 

My issue is that I truly believe either/or both hamilton and Williams will be very special/elite players. And if that happens, it doesn’t matter what we get out of Dotson/the other picks. I think those two were blue chip prospects vs Dotson is a very very nice piece that they can really utilize in their offense. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Wait...is this the Dotson club or the moron club? I just want to know which one I'm part of. Honestly, I'm probably worthy of holding a membership card in both.

You know. We all know you know lol

31 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I can see that argument, I kinda wanted Hamilton myself for a better chance at a blue chipper but the flip side is that the best teams in the league never get a shot at drafting blue chippers but they end up with them anyway. 

The draft as we all know is very unpredictable and getting two extra darts to throw at the board could be what lands us a blue chipper.

At first I wasn't thrilled with the player but liked the extra picks.

I wanted Hamilton and didn't know who this guy was.

Now that I'm Learning a little more about Dotson I like the trade a little more.

Edited by redskinss

Gotta give a shout-out to @KDawgfor hyping Dotson in the draft thread in the last few weeks. 

I think had I not heard how you viewed him in comparison to Olave I’d have been a lot saltier about this selection, wouldn’t have been on my radar at all. 

Was still surprising.. but I had something outside the mock draft groupthink to rely on and honestly that made my draft experience 10x better lol 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, “Misdirection” said:

Gotta give a shout-out to @KDawgfor hyping Dotson in the draft thread in the last few weeks. 

I think had I not heard how you viewed him in comparison to Olave I’d have been a lot saltier about this selection, wouldn’t have been on my radar at all. 

Was still surprising.. but I had something outside the mock draft groupthink to rely on and honestly that made my draft experience 10x better lol 

Thanks! SIP was on him first. I didn’t like him the first time I watched him. But I watched about 15 receivers back to back and I was exhausted. I turned his film on again a week or two ago and I said to myself, “Jesus, he’s a physical Olave.”

Then watched more. Then I said… this dude is Santana Moss v2.0. Little slower, little more physical but that hungry, technical player that can do it all. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Thanks! SIP was on him first. I didn’t like him the first time I watched him. But I watched about 15 receivers back to back and I was exhausted. I turned his film on again a week or two ago and I said to myself, “Jesus, he’s a physical Olave.”

Then watched more. Then I said… this dude is Santana Moss v2.0. Little slower, little more physical but that hungry, technical player that can do it all. 

Then @Skinsinparadise thank you as well! All blends together after some time who was on who first. 

I feel like a Santana Moss level career is a solid comp on the high end. Moss was always in that “is he a 1 or a 2” kind of mold on the board, mostly due to height.  But I doubt you’d find many who wouldn’t draft the potential for that career at 16 overall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Washington ain’t one player away, champ.  

Jahan carries a ball everywhere, even sleeps with it … replaced his college ball with the pro ball a few months ago when he started training in full for the NFL. I don’t think there’s any question about his dedication to the game

Wasn't that one of the plot points in the movie The Program? 🤭

• Like 1