Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

(I'm wrong.  I /r/wooshed over a movie reference)

There are players that you are afraid will flame out with hubris, ego, and squandering all their money... then there are players at the other end of that spectrum.  Sending that $100 back indicates he opened and at least read some of the playbook, which tells you a lot about him.  This is looking like a player that is destined to be in the NFL for years to come.

Edited by TysonM
I /r/wooshed over a movie reference
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

5 hours ago, max21 said:

Alright after sleeping on it I’m thinking super bowl now let’s go Dotson. Anyone thought of a nickname? 

I'm thinking Sweet Baby J.  or simply SBJ 

Works when he does well and when he doesn't.

11 minutes ago, TysonM said:

There are players that you are afraid will flame out with hubris, ego, and squandering all their money... then there are players at the other end of that spectrum.  Sending that $100 back indicates he opened and at least read some of the playbook, which tells you a lot about him.  This is looking like a player that is destined to be in the NFL for years to come.

It is 100% a joke reference to the movie draft day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TysonM said:

this didn't happen lol

• Like 1

I wrote earlier on this thread about my buddy who is a huge Penn State fan and how he loves Dotson. He also said he’s just a really good kid. Watching the presser you can see he’s humble, genuine and the kind of player you can root for. Similar to Terry I would say. 

Also he initially committed to UCLA but didn’t go because his family wouldn’t be able to be with him and watch his games. You can tell he is well grounded and just simply a football player. 

I am really coming around on him. Let’s go Jahan Dotson!

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, aren't you the guy with super skills picking things up? Didn't I ask you if you read satellite photography at one point? But it turns out you just edit ladies bits for the internet?  Unless I'm mixing you up with somebody, I think you're pretty observant.

I actually had the nipple freckles pointed out to me by her mom lol...so I'm not all that observant.

47 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I actually had the nipple freckles pointed out to me by her mom lol...so I'm not all that observant.

That’s not the story you told last time.  :P 

And wouldn’t it be super awkward discussing a model’s nipple freckles with her mom? I dunno.  That whole dynamic seems awkward….

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s not the story you told last time.  :P 

And wouldn’t it be super awkward discussing a model’s nipple freckles with her mom? I dunno.  That whole dynamic seems awkward….

How is it different? (although I probably didn't mention her mom for the reason you just brought up lol)...And she's from Australia, they are wacky there lol.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

How is it different? (although I probably didn't mention her mom for the reason you just brought up lol)...And she's from Australia, they are wacky there lol.

You had me at Australia.  And I was just kidding with you, I have no real recollection of the actual conversation.

Except “nipple freckles.”

5 minutes ago, PCS said:

"Ah yes. Jahan Dotson Thread. Let's see how things are going." 

"Nipple freckles." 

;)

In fairness, this has been a thing for … I dunno, years and years between me and @Califan007 The Constipated

It comes up occasionally when his powers of observation are in question….

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Before throwing it to break earlier in the pre-draft show, Greeny said that 7 of the 8 top receivers in the league last year were drafted after the first round, IIRC.

That's a pretty telling number.  And as I said earlier, I've warmed to Dotson, but still would have preferred Hamilton and a WR in a later round.

It's why I never understand the complaints from Green Bay "OMFG THEY HAVE NEVER DRAFTED A RECEIVER IN THE FIRST ROUND FOR RODGERS."  So ****ing what?  They've gotten first round production from Davante Adams and arguably Jordy Nelson for a few years.  

• Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Wanted a WR, got one.

Not my first choice at the position but whatever.

He can return kicks, so he may fill that void for us this year as well as being a contributor in the pass game.

We are really committing to the small WRs in building this roster, and this dude is 180lbs.

But hoo doggy does this dude have hands.

I've said for decades that the best thing you can say about a receiver is "he catches the ball". 

Yeah, the speedster who's always a threat to go 70 is important. But give me the guy who, when it's 3rd and 8 and you're down 7, every fan in the chat wants to hear his name. 

If he can be that guy (and I'm not close to being an expert talent evaluator), I'll absolutely love it. 

• Like 1