Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I’m old enough to remember when y’all were soooo sure that paying 20 bucks for verification wouldn’t destroy Twitter. 

I assumed Elon knew what the word “verification” meant.  Specifically this: “the process of establishing the truth, accuracy, or validity of something.”

What he’s done is the opposite. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I’m old enough to remember when y’all were soooo sure that paying 20 bucks for verification wouldn’t destroy Twitter. 

In all fairness, it's not, anyone being able to be verified as anyone is.

Will have to see how this Grey check goes, Lotta times when advertisers leave they dont come back.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

This must be one of the most spectacular collapses in business history. It's borderline impressive how quickly one idiot was able to destroy an enormous corporation. 

You'd think Elon was sent from the future to save us from it or something, pretending to be this mop bucket lickin stupid because no one will believe him, and help make sure he gets us to Mars...

Am I doing this right, @CousinsCowgirl84? : )

This guy went from looking like Leonardo Da Vinci to Wiley Coyote quicker then kol-aid powder dissolves in water, no wonder Obama couldnt understand wtf he was saying when he met him.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You'd think Elon was sent from the future to save us from it or something, pretending to be this mop bucket lickin stupid because no one will believe him, and help make sure he gets us to Mars...

Am I doing this right, @CousinsCowgirl84? : )

This guy went from looking like Leonardo Da Vinci to Wiley Coyote quicker then kol-aid powder dissolves in water, no wonder Obama couldnt understand wtf he was saying when he met him.

Mannnnnn I got no idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Destino said:

and the rise of TwitTok

You know. The guy that said he wants to verify all humans, bought twitter and ruined its verification system, and chased people to tiktok where they put their face on their post and are hence verified 

the real problem here is we all just couldn’t understand his genius and vision 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Mannnnnn I got no idea.

Yea know...we all may end up thanking him for this one day...

With FCC calling for Tik Tok ban, Senate pushing FTC to investigate them, and free fall of Meta, we could be looking at the sudden collapse of Social Media Era...

Which would be a good thing for multiple reasons, like mental health for our youth, and reality it's been the primary means for targeted propaganda in this country the last decade and its not even close.

It's also funny to watch, so a teifecta win-win-win for me...burn baby burn...here before it started, will survive without it if that's where we heading finally...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Social media makes too much $$$$ to just go away. Someone will fill the void left by whoever falls. 

Go away when it was here before the big names showed up?  Nah, but this end of an era and it may not be the same.  

Meta has been freaking out for years that youth are leaving Facebook and YouTube could make some tweaks to fill a void left by a potentially gone tik tok.  

The Twitter alternatives so far are trying too hard to help tie all the social media options together without realizing that many people are flat out exhausted from it now.

As more research comes out on the implications for mental health and propaganda, not end but never be the same, we've passed a peak in that era, imo, many lessons learned the hard way.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah even though I’m full on GenX/50something, most of my business/social relationships these days are with 30something millennials….WARNING!  useless personal anecdote incoming!…and they have had it with social media.  We use it as a marketing tool because we have to and we post the occasional cat/dog pic or meme.  FB/twitter are mostly considered to be the place where boomers/Xers go to ruin their lives, and who could dispute that at this point?

Anyhoo…2022 has been a big year for lettuce!

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yeah even though I’m full on GenX/50something, most of my business/social relationships these days are with 30something millennials….WARNING!  useless personal anecdote incoming!…and they have had it with social media.  We use it as a marketing tool because we have to and we post the occasional cat/dog pic or meme.  FB/twitter are mostly considered to be the place where boomers/Xers go to ruin their lives, and who could dispute that at this point?

Anyhoo…2022 has been a big year for lettuce!

Lettuce is undefeated this year. Big odds.

Twitter reinstates ‘Official’ label after Mario flips the bird

Twitter’s spiral into chaos hasn’t slowed down. Since opening up its signature blue checkmark to a wider range of (paying) users earlier this week, the platform has dealt with widespread impersonation issues. Among the biggest impersonation concerns for Twitter are users posing as brands, from Nintendo to pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly, creating an advertising nightmare for the platform.

Twitter doesn’t seem to have a solid solution to the problem and has gone back and forth in its attempts, disabling and reenabling features seemingly at random. The latest example is the gray “official” label that’s been reintroduced for some accounts.

Twitter’s latest round of issues started when new-CEO Elon Musk introduced Verified checkmarks as part of the service’s Twitter Blue subscription. Twitter was quickly overrun by a barrage of fake and impersonated accounts. While the content itself was often funny, including things like fake announcements from companies and Mario flipping the bird, the site also became almost impossible to use without closely examining posts for authenticity.

While this was confusing for users, it was even worse for brands that now faced misrepresentation with few ways to prevent viewers from confusion. To combat this, Twitter introduced a new “official” verification label on certain accounts (including Polygon’s). It was an ugly solution, but a solution nonetheless. However, Musk shuttered the program the same day it was introduced.

But with the impersonation issues not slowing down at all, Twitter reintroduced its “official” verification label on Friday. Perhaps more importantly, the company has paused Twitter Blue entirely, which should stem the tide of new checkmarks, at least for now.