Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Maybe an idiot can luck into the creation of one world changing company, but not two.

Idk with the right advisors in place anything is possible in his world. He comes from wealth so its certainly possible he had competent advisors around him up until a certain recent point. Without them he may just be completely lost.

Or he's done  way to many psychedelics and his brain has rotted away.  

Or both. 🤯

Edited by Captain Wiggles

17 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Idk with the right advisors in place anything is possible in his world. He comes from wealth so its certainly possible he had competent advisors around him up until a certain recent point. Without them he may just be completely lost.

Or he's done  way to many psychedelics and his brain has rotted away.  

Or both. 🤯

Honestly most of the scientists and engineers I know have regarded Musk as a useful idiot; he got money to people that needed it to make strides in several areas. But useful or not, still probably an idiot.  When developing SpaceX and Tesla, he listened to those more experienced and smarter (e.g. Mueller or Straubel), but as time has gone on, he seemed to start to believe in his own hype.

With Twitter we're seeing "Musk Unplugged" and its pretty much the idiot we suspected was there all along.

Just my 2 cents, of course.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

On 11/8/2022 at 2:58 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

People are yelling about this Mastodon thing.  And I checked it out, I just can't.  

I'm sifting through other options too and haven't found anything that really works for me yet. That said, I'm willing to give it time and I'd suggest you do the same. FWIW, CounterSocial seems to really be into keeping their content legit. I just hate it that the UI is not very approachable, for me anyway. Either way, something will arise to replace it. For me personally, if it doesn't, I'm good with ES, Reddit, and to a much lesser degree fb for my online social interactions. Anywho, I'm pretty sure that as long as the Boer Bad Boy is running it, Twitter is a dead man walking.

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I meant this statement exactly the way @tshile reacted to it.

On the other hand it does seem like Elon put a lot of money into a large pile with the sole purpose of dousing it with gasoline and setting it on fire; what other conclusion is there to be made? I don’t think Elon is stupid… so if he isn’t stupid… then there is only one logical conclusion…

...that oligarchs can get unlimited access to capital, no matter how much of it they lose and how stupid they are.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I could totally ride being an idiot into becoming the richest person in the world. Then, I’ll buy tumbler or whatever.

😎

A fool and his money....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Honestly most of the scientists and engineers I know have regarded Musk as a useful idiot; he got money to people that needed it to make strides in several areas. But useful or not, still probably an idiot.  When developing SpaceX and Tesla, he listened to those more experienced and smarter (e.g. Mueller or Straubel), but as time has gone on, he seemed to start to believe in his own hype.

With Twitter we're seeing "Musk Unplugged" and its pretty much the idiot we suspected was there all along.

Just my 2 cents, of course.

I remember a while ago there was some youtube video with Elon in it. Can't remember if it was an interview or documentary. But either way, in one part they showed Elon sitting at his desk and looking through a notebook of his that had a bunch of equations in it.

Some (actual) math/physics people (on Reddit maybe, but can't remember exactly) took a snapshot of the video and were laughing about it because they said it was mostly gibberish and it looked like Elon basically went out onto the internet or looked in an undergrad math textbook and copied random equations that had absolutely nothing to do with each other. And they were also just equations without any actual indication of an attempt at solving them or using them for anything.

So Elon copied a bunch of random math equations he probably didn't even understand into a notebook so he could pretend to look super smart for the camera.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 2

I am rooting for Elon to tank Twitter.  I don't think it'll ever come to that because so many people rely on it and it's become pretty ubiquitous, unfortunately.  While I use it for entertainment and therefore see it as disposable and unessential, some people use it for legit purposes as it pertains to their way to make a living and that's why I don't see it going anywhere. 

That said, 8 bucks for a checkmark is ****ing infuriating.  All these assholes rolling around spreading fake sports transactions is ****ing up my universe.  Way to go, Elon you ****appotomus.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Nah I'm pretty damn sure he's just ****ing stoopid. I've always thought he was an asshole but at least his companies built some  cool stuff. Now he just comes across as a complete and total doofus. He's in Trump and Snyder territory and prolly always has been. 

He’s not a moron, but he’s let his ego lead him to believe his strengths are perhaps more varied than evidence would suggest.  There’s nothing about rockets and cars that translate to taking on a mob as the head of a massive social media company.  He’s learning on the job right now, and his missteps are magnified by the nature of the platform on which they’re taking place.  

its not everyday that you get to watch one of the worlds richest men fumble and flail about in real time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

The whistle blowers I’ve seen on twitter posting about the awful things they’d been asked to do, are largely from before Musk bought the company.  Like the guy that was asked by sales and marketing to make the twitter app track every movement of all its users and deliver it to telecom customers.  He refused and quit, but he has no idea if twitter went ahead and fulfilled this request after he’d gone.  That was all before Musk.  

here’s the thing, social media at its core is a rather alarming business.  It’s all spying and manipulation.  All of the fun stuff that leads us to use it, is just the cheese in the mouse trap.  User data, and using that data to effectively manipulate user actions, is ultimately what the social media business exists to sell.  It’s not just ads like you’d find in a newspaper.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

seems very generic, like what exactly is he doing that is “taking huge risks with your privacy”? I mean, **** you can type anything you like.  Also, if it is extremely hackable then it will be hacked. People are always trying to hack companies like Twitter/Facebook/apple whoever, and they like to take credit for it. Where is the ransomware attack? 

unleashing a half-baked autopilot on public streets without basic technology”

whar basic technology?? FSD might be half baked but it seems to have much more than “basic technology” ???

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84