Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

did he kick your dog or something?  Maybe just put him on ignore, this isn’t the first personal attack out of left field I’ve seen between you and him.  

He constantly and always predicts the worst possible outcome.

I always clown him for not having enough courage to predict positive things.

I can tone it down, if you like.

51 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

He constantly and always predicts the worst possible outcome.

I always clown him for not having enough courage to predict positive things.

I can tone it down, if you like.

I don’t want to deal with more reports, so yes please.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This was an interesting read:

Here's the rest in case, for some reason (heh), the tweet/thread gets deleted and the user gets suspended lol...

2/ Back Twitter (like a lot of digital companies) participates in an event called new fronts. At this event, they sell large chunks of ads for the following year. Typically, Twitter sells like ~600-900M in ads at new fronts. That's guaranteed revenue for following year.

3/ This year, they didn't sell much of anything. A coalition called Stop The Deal spent time educating and using media buyers and big advertisers at the event to ask Twitter some basic questions about potential Musk takeover before giving him a guaranteed income for 2023.

4/ Media buyers did ask those questions. Twitter had zero answers or assurances, the presentation imploded and ended shockingly early. Twitter from what I understand basically sold almost nothing and locked in extremely little 2023 revenue.

5/ This means that instead of heading into 2023 with 15-20% of 2023 already secured as they typically would have, Twitter heads into next year with almost none of that. All because of Musk's red pilled edgelord approach.

6/ @elonmusk has had months to address these concerns or even learn about them. But instead, he's insisted on antagonizing the very businesses and people that sustain Twitter. Back in May, the groups and companies weren't calling for a boycott, they were asking basic questions.

7/ My point here is: It's actually worse than that I think a lot of people even appreciate all because Musk's conduct and commitments to roll back brand safety and community safeguards essentially obliterated Twitter's new front sales event that woulda secured 2023 revenue.

Some of the better responses:

$220 billion man who just fired 3700 Americans needs your $8 to turn a profit. Can you spare the price of one cup of coffee to help a billionaire sell your free speech back to you?

Never fear, Elon is smoothing everything out with the advertisers...

Jon Farrington

@CalvertCrest

(see below lol)

Another doozy lol:

He is fired at end of day. Those agencies start to pause/shift because everything feels uncertain and they don’t know who they should be coordinating with. Then, Elon gets dozens of advertiser CMOs on a call yesterday. It's amazing oppty.

And basically Elon is asked: What's the plan? And it's clear he hasn't either really prepped for this/doesn’t really want to tell anybody what the plan is/has no plan. No kidding: There were CMOs who literally paused/shifted budgets DURING the call because of the uncertainty.

image.png.12db7bff593d5ff3b4fcd515931e3e1c.png

14 hours ago, Destino said:

Twitter loses a lot of money, despite collecting a good amount of revenue, and the company no longer public.  I understand why this discussion is political, but I can’t imagine anyone looking at the business side of this is surprised to see layoffs.   Deep cuts were inevitable.  

Now he has to turn his focus on delivering brand safety to advertisers, who make up 90% of twitters revenue.  How he’s going to do that after firing much of his content moderation staff remains to be seen.  He’s entirely aware of needing to do this though, and has been from the start.  I imagine that he’s got a plan to do this, and it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.  

I’m disappointed with his verification plan.  I was hoping to see everyone having to be verified to some extent.  There are far too many phony accounts on twitter.  Seems like he gone the other way and is trying to convert it into another revenue stream.  Risky move that might chase important content creators off the app.  Those are hard to lure back once you lose them.

The real issue with the pay for the blue check plan is that it kills what it monetizes. That is, the blue check will no longer provide the credibility that it once did, and the tiny blip in revenue he'd get from it won't even get close to moving the needle.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

More bull****. Owning a Tesla doesn’t make you maga no more than Tweeting on Twitter…. And I own a red one..

Tesla or hat?

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

And regarding layoffs and culture, firing senior executives  (who are mostly seen as competent by employees) for cause and then 50% of staff will wipe out any ability to retain and recruit quality tech staff.

Any potential hire who is not an idiot understands that company growth fuels the likelihood of making money on options. Radical cost cutting means employees just do a lot more work for uncertain future payoff.

well and people in the tech sector track this. They’re all constantly following with the top places are doing. That’s who I actually hear about the numbers from, usually. 

I actually made some of my friends mad when I suggested I didn’t have sympathy for them cause you know what happens when musk is in charge of something. I would have bailed the instant this started, and don’t tell me about severance clauses cause look where they are now (no money and having to sue to maybe get some or all of it)

1 hour ago, tshile said:

well and people in the tech sector track this. They’re all constantly following with the top places are doing. That’s who I actually hear about the numbers from, usually. 

I actually made some of my friends mad when I suggested I didn’t have sympathy for them cause you know what happens when musk is in charge of something. I would have bailed the instant this started, and don’t tell me about severance clauses cause look where they are now (no money and having to sue to maybe get some or all of it)

I spent my career in the software products world and there is a common belief held by a lot of very talented people in the sector who will look to jump ship once growth slows. Unless you are an accountant or HR person specialized in downsizing, they know that career opportunities and chances of making bank on options are much greater in high growth ventures. And having a complete douchebag CEO only adds to the risk.

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

The real issue with the pay for the blue check plan is that it kills what it monetizes. That is, the blue check will no longer provide the credibility that it once did, and the tiny blip in revenue he'd get from it won't even get close to moving the needle.

Tesla or hat?

Red hat

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1