Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Spiff lives his life a quarter stanza at a time. 😁

I'll be the first to agree that it appears as if Elon has no ****ing idea what he's doing with Twitter and I'm completely fine with that.  Like I said before, I also really don't care what happens to it because I think the whole thing is silly.

But almost everything about twitter right now is pretty obnoxious, including Elon himself (despite the magnificent troll job he's doing).

• Thumb up 2

I strongly suspect running off verified accounts will not increase ad revenues. Nor will whatever small amount the $8 month fee brings in offset what is lost when advertisers give the🖕to Elon.

Outside of gold and reverse mortgage companies, who wants to advertise on right wing sounding boards (which Twitter will overwhelmingly become when celebs leave)?

Edited by The Evil Genius

26 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I strongly suspect running off verified accounts will not increase ad revenues. Nor will whatever small amount the $8 month fee brings in offset what is lost when advertisers give the🖕to Elon.

Outside of gold and reverse mortgage companies, who wants to advertise on right wing sounding boards (which Twitter will overwhelmingly become when celebs leave)?

Verified accounts aren’t going to leave over 8 dollars. They might leave because musk is becoming super toxic though.

Elon Musk, the new owner of Twitter, is throwing everything against the wall to make more money at the social media company. 

Since closing his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter last week, Mr. Musk and his advisers have discussed adding paid direct messages — which would let users send private messages to high-profile users — to the service, according to two people with knowledge of the matter and internal documents viewed by The New York Times. 

They have also talked about adding “paywalled” videos, which would mean that certain videos could not be viewed unless users paid a fee, these people said. And they have discussed reviving Vine, a onetime short-form video platform, which could attract a younger audience coveted by advertisers. 

This week, Mr. Musk moved to make money from Twitter’s “blue check” verification program, a method of making sure users are who they say they are. The billionaire announced that the program, which is currently free, will be rolled into the “Twitter Blue” subscription service, which will offer enhanced features for a monthly $8 fee. 

The frenzy of product development underlines the pressure that Mr. Musk, the world’s richest man, is under to deliver immediate results — and returns — on the technology industry’s largest-ever leveraged buyout. To finance his Twitter deal, he loaded the company with $13 billion in debt, putting it on the hook to pay more than $1 billion annually in interest alone. 

But last year Twitter had less than $1 billion in cash flow, meaning it generated less money than what it now owes its lenders annually. So, to make ends meet, Mr. Musk must boost Twitter’s revenue or cut costs — or do both.

Great businessman over here

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t necessarily agree with the opinion that hyperloop was about limiting high speed rail (as it requires Elon to be super smart and everyone in government in California to be dumb as a rock) but assuming it is true what is the end play with Twitter??

Right? A 44 billion dollar red herring? I don't think so.

Fwiw, as a transportation insider in California at that time, high speed rail was largely killed by the GOPs absolute nationwide policy against it. They limited how federal transportation dollars could be spent at the State level.

That said, Musk's hyperloop was likely proposed to siphon off support for it, because high speed rail is or would be a threat to the auto industry. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That said, Musk's hyperloop was likely proposed to siphon off support for it, because high speed rail is or would be a threat to the auto industry. 

back when hyperloop was announced Tesla was a boutique automobile manufacturer. I highly doubt he was trying to help the automobile industry….