Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

"it is sad that  most of the people...would prefer one party rule."

"Most people don’t want it."

Evil Queen Reaction GIF

You edited out part of the quote. No wonder you didn’t comprehend it. 🤷‍♀️

it is sad that  most of the people living in a “democracy” would prefer one party rule.”

You asked me why do people want “democratic” rule. Easy, they don’t. 

If most people want it why would "democracy" need to be in quotes?”

“Want it” followed by the noun “democracy” implies you were talking the democracy, not one party rule. Perhaps you need to work on your use of pronouns? 

Though if your question was “if most people want one party rule why would democracy need to be in quotes” seems like a non sequitur to me. 

If you are trying to make the point that america isn’t a democracy, that really isn’t an important point to make. America claims to be a democracy. But whether we are or we aren’t, we do not want to be a democracy. We want one party rule.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If you are trying to make the point that america isn’t a democracy, that really isn’t an important point to make. America claims to be a democracy. But whether we are or we aren’t, we do not want to be a democracy. We want one party rule.

Why are you doing this? We all know that you know that the one party we want to - in your words, rule, though no one is really thinking that way - is the only party committed to actually keeping democracy in tact. You are trying (poorly) to say that one party having all the power in our government is antithetical to Democracy, right? But that is not now nor has it ever been true. Sure, you can make the argument if you are dumb enough. But we all know you aren't. So why are you doing this lol? 

Or are you making some other point im missing. Sorry if its obvious and im just missing it again. I feel like you are just tying yourself in knots for the sake of being devils advocate. Again

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Why are you doing this? We all know that you know that the one party we want to - in your words, rule, though no one is really thinking that way - is the only party committed to actually keeping democracy in tact. You are trying (poorly) to say that one party having all the power in our government is antithetical to Democracy, right? But that is not now nor has it ever been true. Sure, you can make the argument if you are dumb enough. But we all know you aren't. So why are you doing this lol? 

Or are you making some other point im missing. Sorry if its obvious and im just missing it again. I feel like you are just tying yourself in knots for the sake of being devils advocate. Again

EA89EE7A-A699-414D-A392-5B0E17A7B58B.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

EA89EE7A-A699-414D-A392-5B0E17A7B58B.jpeg

1. Every once in a while an event in the real world gets overtaken, fueled by the internet and spat back out to the masses in an entertaining and glorious fashion. This is one of those things, glad I got a front row seat early.

2. Why is Ghislaine Maxwell in that pic?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

This is what I will say. There is a difference between wanting one party to rule and wanting one party to exist. We have reached a point where (let’s be honest) if there was no Republican Party we’d be happy. The people who vote Republican are actively targeting democratic leaders with violence, they do not want the party to exist. The refusal to condone the other party’s existence is antithetical to democracy, justified or  not.

Also I’m not saying if the Nazi party existed in the United States, the ideal of democracy would demand we condone its existence. Just that it is sad to have reached this point as a democracy.

If Americans are decent people democracy would put a stop to these types of dangerous ideas and parties. We aren’t decent. It is sad that someone the candidates we have running are just horrible people (Walker comes to mind) but we are at a point where we can’t accept the existence of the other party to point where these guys are an acceptable alternative.

Again, Elon is wrong that split government is a sign of effective government. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Elon so GD rich, the impact on him from gridlock or even a temporary government shutdown is minimal. 

He doesn't have kitchen table conversations on how to survive with what we got like you and I, so of course he'd say something stupid like endorsing the GOP to get any level of federal power right now.

@CousinsCowgirl84 there are fewer fuses waiting to be lit then people that feel voiceless and already showing clear signs they willing commit violence. 

Probably the only thing as bad, imo, as the current GOP would be no conservative party, half the country conservative, and seeing how that goes in this current political climate.

This country wouldn't survive one party rule even if it was the democrats as the only political party, it'd tear itself apart right now if that happened.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

People are yelling about this Mastodon thing.  And I checked it out, I just can't.  

Yea, pass.

Waiting to see what Dorsey is working in or what government cybersecurity agencies move to.

Whatever chaos Twitter is going through hasn't impacted my uses for it yet, ain't qanon exploit "experts" I need roll my eyes at far as I can see on there.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, pass.

Waiting to see what Dorsey is working in or what government cybersecurity agencies move to.

Whatever chaos Twitter is going through hasn't impacted my uses for it yet, ain't qanon exploit "experts" I need roll my eyes at far as I can see on there.

It's just...twitter, Instagram...I don't do tiktok or snapchat but I just don't have the mental capacity for another ****ing app or platform or whatever the ****.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

People are yelling about this Mastodon thing.  And I checked it out, I just can't.  

I thought the whole “choose your server based on your interests” thing was gonna be pretty neat…but I couldn’t find a server that I thought would fit me.  It was weird and I got confused and bailed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I thought the whole “choose your server based on your interests” thing was gonna be pretty neat…but I couldn’t find a server that I thought would fit me.  It was weird and I got confused and bailed.

You mean there was no server for a limousine liberal who also likes metal, DC Sports, smoking pot and slinging Mazdas?  I'm shocked!  

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

They didn’t even have a “Friends of Dick” Nixon fans server, if you can believe it!

Yeah like Nixon had friends. 🙄

Folks like Kissinger weren't bringing Nixon along so he could **** block them on their dates with the likes of Jill St John. 

Edited by Captain Wiggles