Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

49 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Amused that we’ve landed on “citizen journalism” as a focus-group description of flooding news cycles with disinformation.  Very savvy play by Apartheid Clyde.

I myself am a gentlemen journalist. I always let the women come to conclusion first. 

MuskRat is the new Dan Snyder, just can’t wait for him to be the only Dan Snyder.

• Haha 4

Elon meddling with the product - must be an awesome way to develop tech.

On a related topic there is a documentary on Netflix about SpaceX and the first US launch to send astronauts to the ISS since the shuttle. 

The folks at Mission Control say they are going to poatpone the launch because incoming weather has triggered three of the ten criteria that would stop a launch. They have not one but three ‘no-gos’ and Elon is on camera asking “are you sure we’re not overreacting?”

It should be noted that the change “twitter blue can no longer be purchased in apple iOS” is simply about Apples terms of service agreement. 

if your app allows purchases then apple gets a chunk. Which is why most apps, when you try to purchase things (Spotify for example) they give you a link to a website. 

it has nothing to do with fighting the issue at hand. It’s simply about not letting apple skim off the top of the payments 

• Thumb up 1

Eli Lilly stock dips after imposter account posts prank on Twitter

Shares of Eli Lilly ticked downward after a fake account posed as the company on Twitter.

JARED BLIKRE: Eli Lilly, that is my pick of the day. Healthcare taking a backseat in today's rally, as defensive sectors lag. And here we go because guess what? This company, too, got caught up in the maelstrom. They're dealing with an impostor account on Twitter. And earlier, that impostor account said free insulin for all. This was false.

And the company is issuing a response, in which it reads, quote, "We apologize to those who have been served a misleading message from a fake Lilly account. Our official Twitter account is @lillypad." All of this is a microcosm of the chaos at Twitter as Elon Musk's push for Twitter Blue subscriptions hit a roadblock, to say the least, as we were just talking about, Dave, with Dan Howley.

Click on the link for more

Let me see if I’ve got this right. Dude buys a company, then aside from royally screwing it up, proceeds to roll up his sleeves and starts personally trying to “fix” things. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an owner or CEO jump into daily customer-facing business operations and start acting as the de-facto customer service department. This is like being a fly on the wall at the Commodes’. Unlike Farquaad though, the public display of Elon’s incompetence and stupidity isn’t limited to seventeen days a year and only noticed by a small fan community. 

Even if Twitter was hugely over staffed, a rational takeover would have attempted an orderly transition over 3-6months. This is a blueprint that exists for every tech company takeover, and if you don’t follow it you risk exactly what has happened.

Aside from being a complete douchebag and pissing off his paying customers, firing key staff without replacements or a transition is lunacy. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Even if Twitter was hugely over staffed, a rational takeover would have attempted an orderly transition over 3-6months. This is a blueprint that exists for every tech company takeover, and if you don’t follow it you risk exactly what has happened.

Aside from being a complete douchebag and pissing off his paying customers, firing key staff without replacements or a transition is lunacy. 

Just a measure of his titanic ego

7 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Wait…I was told the twitter layoffs were merely normal, seasonal workforce adjustments that happen in every tech sector.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Haha 5