Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at the Oscars

Cooked Crack

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

:ols:

I was referring to the story of Jada openly admitting to cheating on Will with 20 yr old dudes on national tv.. 

Will seems to have completely lost it for a while now. Another victim of Hollywood.

Ohhh. Okay I have no knowledge about any of that. That adds some spice to the situation. 

1 hour ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

People are saying it’s because of alopecia. What I saw was a shaved head. I have a dear friend that has alopecia, I don’t take that lightly. Again, alopecia doesn’t cause short hair, it causes hair loss. It wasn’t a hair loss joke. She’s known for short hair. She looks beautiful with short hair. 

Do you think she’s been lying about her alopecia for the past four years?

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/jada-pinkett-smiths-honest-quotes-about-alopecia-hair-loss/amp/

Will Smith should keep God's name out of his mouth if he's not gonna repent for what he did.

Classic DARVO.

“DARVO is an acronym used to describe a common strategy of abusers. The abuser will: Deny the abuse ever took place, then Attack the victim for attempting to hold the abuser accountable; then they will lie and claim that they, the abuser, are the real victim in the situation, thus Reversing the Victim and Offender.”

I'm going to wait for Will to calm down and explain what he did and why he did it.

Someone is going to interview him, I assume he'll apologize, but I could be wrong.

That many cameras on him, something in his head told him it was worth it, so I want to know what it was from him instead of trying to figure it out, because honestly, I can't, even with whats been presented in this thread, and that bothers me.

Edited by Renegade7

Watching clip of GI Jane joke. I don't believe Will was laughing at the joke at all, he was trying to take it because cameras on him.  Jada didn't hide it, but didn't see their exchange before Will went on stage. 

Honestly, Will probably made up his mind to go up there soon as Chris said the joke, jus needed to talk to Jada first.  Blame Will if you want, but there's no way he went up there for Jada without Jada's approval.

That complicates things, because damn, there's no telling what Jada said to Will before he went up there, the look in his face during the joke and while he was walking on thr stage were polar opposites.

Not to defend what he did, jus saying I doubt that was just him acting on his own and no way he did that without Jada's approval first. ****, she might of even encouraged it.

And I must of misread, because I thought Denzel went to console a crying Chris Rock, nah, it was a crying Will Smith. Damn.

Will Smith slaps Chris Rock for Jada Pinkett Smith joke in shocking Oscars moment  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/03/27/will-smith-slaps-chris-rock-oscars/

I'll need to check out his acceptance speech, because sounds like he tried to apologize for what he did but not to Chris directly.

Default position is not to condone violence to keep that from being the go to, but my empathy for Will is growing in this one.  Not thr way to handle that, but slowly starting to get his rationale and Denzel of all people coming to him says others did, too.

Rough stuff.

While I agree we are not all on the same page in this country of what the line is in respect to comedy and out-right roasts, I do not agree that there is no line.

Edited by Renegade7

It’s a terrible look for Will Smith. Anybody saying violence in that situation is justified is a grown child. Absolute trash to jump on a stage as assault someone in front of 10,000 people and the world at home. 

He was welcome to publicly defend his wife later. He had a platform just a few minutes after he acted like a fool. Hell, SHE could have defended herself later and brought attention to her condition if it was such a big deal. 

Instead he assaulted a performer telling a scripted joke that was meant to be light hearted and without malice.

If Smith thinks this  will prevent comedians telling jokes about him and his wife, it’s likely the opposite. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My initial take is I'm cool with it. Will Smith is a really good guy, he saw his wife's reaction and given all the other stuff they have dealt with he had had enough. I too believe his initial laugh was due to the cameras.  But now I realize what he did was over the line. I'm not all bent out of shape about it, I can see why he felt the way he did. But you can't do that.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

well when the wife in said family sleeps with the sons 22 year old friend who she had initially agreed to help with his health and issues… you sort of have to expect jokes.  That’s some seriously creepy predatory ****.

hahahaha wow. 

i will admit - I’m not exactly “up to speed” on the smith family 😂