Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at the Oscars

Cooked Crack

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Good point. Rich people can do whatever they hell they want.  The academy will probably apologize to Will for this.  

I'm waiting to see how it is dealt with.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

I guess I’m the only one that thought chris rock was being a huge douchebag and got what he deserved. 

he’s lucky it was open handed. 

the thing is. I know some of you would have done the exact same thing if that was your kid being embarassed about their gender identity on national tv. Right in front of you, and your kids peers. 

What if it was Wanda Sykes that made the joke and Will hit her?  You cool with that?

I'm fine with people learning that you can say what you want but you might get punched in the mouth for it.  But part of that is also accepting the consequences for that.  And anywhere else, handcuffs would be involved for Will by now.  Considering he is black, could be even worse.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Movie related hair style jokes are off limits at the Oscar’s?  Really?  Will Smith looks unhinged.  

These lame jokes are 100% scripted so they can get the camera shot and reaction. Rock was probably stunned that anything would come of it. 

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I mean, it's Chris Rock doing the opening monologue to the Oscars. Of course there will be some jokes. There are roasts all the time where people get absolutely annihilated and take it like a champ. If Will Smith or his wife were offended then sorry but welcome to show business. 

What are you talking about? Chris Rock didn’t do the opening monologue to the Oscar’s. 

This whole thing is sad from top to bottom.

If it's not staged, how about not making jokes at someone else's expense? And how about not assaulting someone over words like a middle schooler?

If it is staged, how about coming up with something worth watching instead of some wannabe pro wrestling bull****?

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Just wait until Chris Rock makes fun of your hairdo.

People are saying it’s because of alopecia. What I saw was a shaved head. I have a dear friend that has alopecia, I don’t take that lightly. Again, alopecia doesn’t cause short hair, it causes hair loss. It wasn’t a hair loss joke. She’s known for short hair. She looks beautiful with short hair. 

6 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

She has alopecia which is a medical condition.  You gonna make fun of someone who has to use a wheelchair ?

Allergies are a medical condition, we going to pretend that equates to a wheelchair now too?  She has hair loss, it’s not cancer.  He made a ****ty hairstyle joke (GI Jane wasn’t balding, she had cut it short)  Will could have easily addressed this like a reasonable person.  He chose to slap a comedian for telling a joke he didn’t like.  

• Like 2

Rock has a history of making quips at the expense of Pinkett Smith. In 2016, when he presented the ceremony that had been boycott due to its lack of diversity, Rock said: “Jada [Pinkett Smith] boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties. I wasn’t invited.”

He also said: “It’s not fair that Will was this good and didn’t get nominated. It’s also not fair that Will was paid $20 million for Wild Wild West!”

Earlier in the ceremony, Regina Hall – who is hosting the ceremony alongside Amy Schumer and Wanda Sykes – poked fun at Smith and Pinkett Smith’s marriage. The couple could be seen laughing in response.

Edited by ClaytoAli

21 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

What if it was Wanda Sykes that made the joke and Will hit her?  You cool with that?

I'm fine with people learning that you can say what you want but you might get punched in the mouth for it.  But part of that is also accepting the consequences for that.  And anywhere else, handcuffs would be involved for Will by now.  Considering he is black, could be even worse.

No I don’t think I’d be cool with that. Man hitting a woman thing. 

if the issue is that he should be arrested, then cool, wouldn’t bother me 🤷‍♂️ 

28 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Who made fun of gender identity? GI Jane is woman. 

For some reason I thought he said jaden not jada. I was confused about the joke. 

so I think it’s less warranted now. 

though I do enjoy someone getting smacked in the mouth when they’re running it. 

and the smith family has been the butt of peoples jokes for a long time. Guess someone finally went over the line for him.