Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at the Oscars

Cooked Crack

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Word is Oscars are going to investigate the situation.  What is there to investigate?  Either take his award (which I dont agree with) or don't, Jesus, jus condeem him and move on already.

They’ll hunt him. Condemn him. Sick the dogs on him. Because that’s what needs to happen. 

—-

but really just condemn him, ban him from next year and then move on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Word is Oscars are going to investigate the situation.  What is there to investigate?  Either take his award (which I dont agree with) or don't, Jesus, jus condeem him and move on already.

They know what happened but they still have to have a formal investigation. They won’t take the award back, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they take away Oscar considerations for at least a year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is what happens once the democrats want to investigate everything….. now everyone wants them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Because award shows and roasts have been taking place for several decades and nothing remotely like this has ever occurred.  

Ok, I read all eleven pages, I've seen the video several times, everyone has shown it to me and told me what they think. Let me tell you what I think:

Every once in a while, something happens in the world. It can be a good thing, it can be a bad thing, it could be nothing at all, but for some reason the internet get a hold of it and it is glorious! I need these memes! Where do I find the memes?

Edit: Of course! The Chive...duh!

Edited by Simmsy

47 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Did you see that manslap???

Haha! I watch youtube news clips as I get ready for work in the morning, every clip was about Will Smith and Chris Rock. I thought it was some skit that they did at the Oscars...until I left the house...

So now I’m wondering if I got out ahead of myself. 

my assumption was smith would/could whoop his ass. But now I’m hearing people unimpressed he slapped him like that and he didn’t knock him down. 

Smith comes in around 6’4/6’3 depending on who you listen to; Rock is 5’10. 

While Rock doesn’t appear to be anything special to me, I’d never thought of Smith as anything like out of shape. I assumed his action movies put him ahead of average dude. He seemed fit his whole life. 

i don’t know looked like a hard slap to me; probably mostly fingers and pads. I bet if he him with the heel if his hand he knocks him out; or breaks his wrist, I will admit I have zero experience slapping anyone.  

Edited by tshile

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

my assumption was smith would/could whoop his ass. But now I’m hearing people unimpressed he slapped him like that and he didn’t knock him down. 

While Rock doesn’t appear to be anything special to me, I’d never thought of Smith as anything like out of shape. I assumed his action movies put him ahead of average dude. He seemed fit his whole life. 

i don’t know looked like a hard slap to me; probably mostly fingers and pads. I bet if he him with the heel if his hand he knocks him out; or breaks his wrist, I will admit I have zero experience slapping anyone.  

I would root for Rock, but Will would crush him.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It’s too late to do anything now.  The moment to act was when he sat back down, and that act would be throwing his ass out.  That was the correct course of action, even if it resulted in his being absent for his award.  What a wonderful example that violence has a cost that would have been.., but this is Hollywood.  There is nothing Hollywood does better than ignore bad behavior from their own elite.  From cruel task masters on set, all the way to the bigger scandals out there, they never fail to look the other way and do nothing.  

They shouldn’t take his award away for a slap.  He earned that.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I had a fun conversation with female family members today.  They had a very hard time accepting that male pattern baldness, which they deeply enjoy joking about, is a form of alopecia, which they firmly believe (as of yesterday) is a very serious medical condition that should never be the butt of jokes.  Its called androgenetic alopecia. You’d think I had told them Joe Biden was a reptile from the reaction.  

Id like to thank the academy for raising awareness on this.  (And God, for me still having hair on the top of my head.  For now.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 3/27/2022 at 11:31 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

She has alopecia which is a medical condition.  You gonna make fun of someone who.....

While in 2007 on 30 Rock (I just happen to be watching this right now and saw this dialogue).... Even if Rock didn't know about Smith's wife's condition all he said was she looks good with no hair and can be Gi Jane. Maybe the laughter from the audience made Smith feel like it was an insult instead of a compliment. But he did laugh at first and then realized maybe it isn't funny when he saw his wife's face and saw she didn't like the comment. Again Rock didn't know. Smith could have handled this offstage and enlightened him. Rock would have apologized and no one would have known.  You know adults doing adult stuff behind curtains. 

hair.thumb.jpg.8d30c01b9f2aed2dc9a8a4acec670ac0.jpg

• Like 1

When Smith is screaming at him after the slap and Rock responds and then has that pause and catches himself - That may have been the best career move he's made in years, because you know the comedian in him had 3-4 jokes lined up and could have made the situation go on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tshile said:

Dude played Muhammad Ali, he could have easily done better.  And while that was several years ago, even now he'd be like, 1980 Muhammad Ali barely hanging on and fighting Leon Spinks who should still be able to whup a pedestrian like Chris Rock's ass.

21 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

When Smith is screaming at him after the slap and Rock responds and then has that pause and catches himself - That may have been the best career move he's made in years, because you know the comedian in him had 3-4 jokes lined up and could have made the situation go on. 

"Man, that slap is gonna sting until August!"

• Haha 1

I love the polling lmao 

You know people must have really wanted a distraction. I'm sorry Chris Rock had to be sacrificed for this but it seems like we needed it as much as he deserved it. 

(no i dont really think he deserved it) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't even care if he did know about her condition.

It's a ****ing joke get over it.

My buddies used to make fun of me saying I'd have an asthma attack while banging chicks and would need my inhaler mid-bang.  

And I laughed at them joking around about my medical condition that I have no control over.

Same with short jokes, small dick jokes, etc.  No one has control of that stuff and people joke around about it all the time.