Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at the Oscars

Cooked Crack

Smith's resignation was a PR, face-saving maneuver. He met with the heads of the AMPAS ahead of time and got wind he'd either be suspended/expelled, so took the initiative to resign instead. More Hollywood politics.

Still, apparently not being a member of the Academy is pretty toothless. He can't vote for awards nominees? Big goddamn deal. His work can still be considered for Oscars, even if he isn't a member of the Academy. Seems like a pathetic "punishment". I feel like if you get forced out of AMPAS, you should not be able to even be considered for an Academy Award.

Either way, Smith is an absolute idiot. Imagine working your entire life to earn an Academy award, and on the night in which you know you are guaranteed to win, an hour before you get the biggest prize of your professional life, you decide to walk on stage and assault the host and tainting your own achievement forever. ****ing moron.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Smith's resignation was a PR, face-saving maneuver. He met with the heads of the AMPAS ahead of time and got wind he'd either be suspended/expelled, so took the initiative to resign instead. More Hollywood politics.

Still, apparently not being a member of the Academy is pretty toothless. He can't vote for awards nominees? Big goddamn deal. His work can still be considered for Oscars, even if he isn't a member of the Academy. Seems like a pathetic "punishment". I feel like if you get forced out of AMPAS, you should not be able to even be considered for an Academy Award.

Either way, Smith is an absolute idiot. Imagine working your entire life to earn an Academy award, and on the night in which you know you are guaranteed to win, an hour before you get the biggest prize of your professional life, you decide to walk on stage and assault the host and tainting your own achievement forever. ****ing moron.

I agree with the sentiment of a lot of what you're saying here, but I don't believe anyone else should be punished for what he just did.  In other words, if there was a movie up for best picture and he was in it, it should still be considered.  It shouldn't be held against his director/co-stars, etc.

Smith has some issues.  And while I don't feel 100% sorry for the guy, he's got to be pretty emotionally ****ed up to be with a woman like that.  

Feel like I'm in the minority here with acknowledging what sacrifices people make for their spouses. Also read that Chris Rock has been making sexist Jada jokes going on 25 years now (ever since she participated in the woman's March in 97). 

Edit..again, I still think Smith was wrong. But I do understand the urge people have to "protect" their spouses. Also think Chris Rock can do better with his comedy. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Imo, if it was a GI Jane joke (I don't know, haven't watched any of that drama), Jada should've stood up and struck a "Hulk" pose. 

Of course I love that movie, I'm ex-Navy and Demi's character (Jordan) outsmarted a bunch of men to prove that she could.  It would be an honor (for me) to even be roasted/joked about in that regard.  :headbang: 

She should get a chukka boot upside her ass for "not getting it".  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Imo, if it was a GI Jane joke (I don't know, haven't watched any of that drama), Jada should've stood up and struck a "Hulk" pose. 

Of course I love that movie, I'm ex-Navy and Demi's character (Jordan) outsmarted a bunch of men to prove that she could.  It would be an honor (for me) to even be roasted/joked about in that regard.  :headbang: 

She should get a chukka boot upside her ass for "not getting it".  :rolleyes:

It was a joke about her short hair.  

58 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It was a joke about her short hair.  

Which she's had for at least a decade before her diagnosis?  (And she looked great in it, I might add.)  That's what I'm sayin'...she could've "rocked" the joke, kinda like her husband did...but got all up in her feels instead and then her husband embarrassed himself terribly because she had to throw the side-eye at him.

I knew I should've kept my fingers shut.  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Which she's had for at least a decade before her diagnosis?  (And she looked great in it, I might add.)  That's what I'm sayin'...she could've "rocked" the joke, kinda like her husband did...but got all up in her feels instead and then her husband embarrassed himself terribly because she had to throw the side-eye at him.

I knew I should've kept my fingers shut.  :rolleyes:

I'm glad you said it.  Not every woman can rock short hair like that and get away with it...for a lot of women to lose their hair like that, it'd be terrible.  She's fortunate that she still looks great with it short.  It's one reason I don't feel sorry for her (rich, famous, etc all the other typical reasons).  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, ExoDus84 said:

Talk about self-sabotage on the biggest stage.

If there’s one thing I learned in life, it’s when things don’t make sense (not obvious), there’s usually another/deeper level than the surface details.

And it can take awhile before those details will be known/shared.

Give him a couple of years, he’ll be on Oprah.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 11:33 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm glad you said it.  Not every woman can rock short hair like that and get away with it...for a lot of women to lose their hair like that, it'd be terrible.  She's fortunate that she still looks great with it short.  It's one reason I don't feel sorry for her (rich, famous, etc all the other typical reasons).  

Man, ain’t nothing badder than a bald headed woman.

image.gif.7ee0f778e233176c64027e73317ab6b9.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Not a big deal. What’s a big deal is if can’t get nominated for 10 years.

He may not be officially barred from being nominated, but I have a feeling he won’t get nominated in the next few years and I think there’s almost a 0% chance he’d win if he did. 

18 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

He may not be officially barred from being nominated, but I have a feeling he won’t get nominated in the next few years and I think there’s almost a 0% chance he’d win if he did. 

Will is losing projects left and right and people are dropping out of movies he’s producing.

His career is dead for the foreseeable future.