Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

8 hours ago, Vandelay_Industries said:

To make it even worse for Wentz, he got Covid just in the week they played the Raiders in week 17 (tested positive on Monday and then played on Saturday). I don't know how much it affected him, but everybody in the media talks about the bad 2 final games of the season, but none of them didn't at least mention that he just recovered from Covid (unvaccinated) right before these games.

This. And obviously I can’t speak on how it affected him just my own overall experience with Covid. I had Covid twice. Neither time did I get seriously ill. Mostly just a fever for first two days and no taste or smell. But I was completely and utterly exhausted for a week to a week and a half I mean I pretty much slept non stop while quarantined. Now I’m not a world class athlete so could’ve been a completely different experience for wentz. But the just utter exhaustion for days even after the fever broke was probably what I remember more than anything 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

They gave the reason for why Wentz is not on the list at the bottom. Not flattering either...

I scrolled to see where Wentz was and didn't see the last sentence. Which I shouldn't even be looking for. Mariota over Wentz because of cost? I thought the article was more about how these QB moves were going to actually help their team not what it cost. Again the writer should be fired for being an idiot!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I scrolled to see where Wentz was and didn't see the last sentence. Which I shouldn't even be looking for. Mariota over Wentz because of cost? I thought the article was more about how these QB moves were going to actually help their team not what it cost. Again the writer should be fired for being an idiot!

Its certainly not a good piece. Cousins getting an extension when he was already under contract shouldn't really allow him to be more impactful in 2022 then any team getting a new QB. Seems silly.

Dude also loves him some Trubisky. Needs to get a room after statements like that.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Its certainly not a good piece. Cousins getting an extension when he was already under contract shouldn't really allow him to be more impactful in 2022 then any team getting a new QB. Seems silly.

Dude also loves him some Trubisky. Needs to get a room after statements like that.

Seems like every year someone is tripping over themselves to continue to give Kirk the benefit of the doubt. "Now with this coaching staff he can go all the way!"

As far as Wentz, they talk about the trade as if we gave up 1st rounders for him. It's 2 3rds and one of them becomes a 2nd if he plays over 70% of snaps. How is that "insane" when teams are giving up 3 1sts and $200 million contracts?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As far as Wentz, they talk about the trade as if we gave up 1st rounders for him. It's 2 3rds and one of them becomes a 2nd if he plays over 70% of snaps. How is that "insane" when teams are giving up 3 1sts and $200 million contracts?

A lot of that has to do with us the team and not necessarily the player. 

Jeff George, Patrick Ramsey, Donovan McNabb, RG3, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The QBs under Snyder either sucked, got career ending injuries or just left with no compensation in return. Except for Cousins, most of them contributed (if you can call it that) for a year or two.

I can certainly see the negative attention yet another QB signing garners for us.

Yes its only a couple 3rd round picks but for this franchise, we likely gave those 3rd round picks for a guy who will have a career ending injury in his first preseason game and we’ll never hear from him again.

I’m rooting for him though.

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The Trubisky love flying around is ridiculous. Funny how the only time his reputation has ever improved was the year he wasn’t actually playing football 🙄

Big difference signing with a team like the Steelers and a team like the Commies. #flushthecommodes

• Like 1

Listening to Kevin Sheehan on the radio this morning made me wonder if Wentz has considered using a sports psychologist because his problems may be between his ears.

He tends to fail when there is the most pressure on him like losing the last game of last year.  The other hope is that he can relate to Turner and Zampese.  Not sure if he

had quarterback guru with the Colts.  But if he continues the "no it all approach" like he had with the Eagles then the Commanders will have to let him go after one year. 

I remember that Kirk Cousins had hired a sports psychologist to help him.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Listening to Kevin Sheehan on the radio this morning made me wonder if Wentz has considered using a sports psychologist because his problems may be between his ears.

He tends to fail when there is the most pressure on him like losing the last game of last year.  The other hope is that he can relate to Turner and Zampese.  Not sure if he

had quarterback guru with the Colts.  But if he continues the "no it all approach" like he had with the Eagles then the Commanders will have to let him go after one year. 

I remember that Kirk Cousins had hired a sports psychologist to help him.

Pretty sure all Washington players and fans have needed psychologists for some time now

Seriously, Wentz did have his head coach and in his corner in Indy and he was with him some in Philly. It surely can't hurt him, good suggestion though!

13 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Its certainly not a good piece. Cousins getting an extension when he was already under contract shouldn't really allow him to be more impactful in 2022 then any team getting a new QB. Seems silly

It's Adam Schein. It's garbage keyboard mashing.

• Thanks 1

I mean how are people excited for this? All this means to me is our FO (and fanbase apparently) cannot stop themselves from trading draft picks for other teams trash (QBs here).

McNabb-Smith, now Wentz. Like 2 teams already gave up on this dude, and the Colts did after 1 year, with a coach who loved him going in. So we dropped a bit in the 2nd round, gave up a 3rd, and more than likely a 2nd as well. For a guy with a big contract. Coming to a team with a lot of holes, and more holes created to make room for Wentz.

Here is how this plays out we go 8-9 or 9-8, no playoffs. We lose a 2nd, and realize we don't want to pay him that contract or any big contract and he is gone.

What is this like the 10th rendition of this scenario in the past 20 years?

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, Skins199021 said:

I mean how are people excited for this?

You’re posting in a thread with 39 pages, within which you can find hundreds of posts answering this question and disagreeing with the points you made in your post—if you’re not just grandstanding.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re posting in a thread with 39 pages, within which you can find hundreds of posts answering this question and disagreeing with the points you made in your post—if you’re not just grandstanding.

I always kind of wonder what prompts these drive-by posters, that ask questions they'd know the answers to if they read even a portion of the thread, and then follow it with their loud and proud hot take that has already been said by several others in the very same thread.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

I mean how are people excited for this? All this means to me is our FO (and fanbase apparently) cannot stop themselves from trading draft picks for other teams trash (QBs here).

McNabb-Smith, now Wentz. Like 2 teams already gave up on this dude, and the Colts did after 1 year, with a coach who loved him going in. So we dropped a bit in the 2nd round, gave up a 3rd, and more than likely a 2nd as well. For a guy with a big contract. Coming to a team with a lot of holes, and more holes created to make room for Wentz.

Here is how this plays out we go 8-9 or 9-8, no playoffs. We lose a 2nd, and realize we don't want to pay him that contract or any big contract and he is gone.

The only excitement from fans comes from those who are of a similar opinion as yours. The people who support Wentz only realize that it was the best we could do and may be excited by the upside while taking little downside risk.

• Like 1

My thoughts about Wentz are simple, he's as good or bad as his supporting cast and that especially includes Scott Turner. We will need to run the ball and provide him one or two good TE options to rely on. Having a great defense will be key to his success too. We can win with Wentz if we build his confidence and coach him out of his holding the football for too long. His 8 fumbles this season are not by coincidence, he holds the ball too long at times and can isolate on favorite receivers too much. Scott Turner and his play calling are going to be critical to Wentz success and Wentz is gonna have to trust the play rather than falling back on a favorite weapon. 

When Wentz's insecurities surface it can get ugly. He did not handle Nick Foles or Jaylon Hurts playing behind him well at all.

All this being said I believe RR will be good for Carson Wentz and if the defense can improve then we have a QB who can take us far. Lots of things will have to go right though as you saw in Indy. Living in the Philly suburbs I've seen mostly all of Wentz's career and he is a tough guy, sometimes to a fault. He will try and make hero plays and when he does it looks great.....but when he doesn't he'll hurt the team and even put himself in harms way. He needs to show maturity as a QB where he can control a game with his leadership, skills and decision making. The clock is ticking on him and this is a huge opportunity for him to revive his career.

We need to surround Wentz with talent and guys who will instill confidence in him. I think he's in a good place to succeed and will love playing with this group. 

• Like 2

With all the hate Wentz is getting I'm starting to really root for the mf'er lol...not that I wasn't before, no matter who the QB is I'm rooting for him to succeed. But I mean, damn...there's a LOT of negativity and talk about how laughable it is for the Commanders to expect Wentz to be anything other than an abysmal failure. Rich Eisen's been leading the charge as well, and interviewed Banner about Wentz...he said he was "0-for-3" in his predictions of success for Wentz and predicted he would fail. Eisen treated it like "Listen to this man, he would know." I'm thinking "He's been wrong all three times he made predictions about Wentz, he's the last person we should be listening to" lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

With all the hate Wentz is getting I'm starting to really root for the mf'er lol...not that I wasn't before, no matter who the QB is I'm rooting for him to succeed. But I mean, damn...there's a LOT of negativity and talk about how laughable it is for the Commanders to expect Wentz to be anything other than an abysmal failure. Rich Eisen's been leading the charge as well, and interviewed Banner about Wentz...he said he was "0-for-3" in his predictions of success for Wentz and predicted he would fail. Eisen treated it like "Listen to this man, he would know." I'm thinking "He's been wrong all three times he made predictions about Wentz, he's the last person we should be listening to" lol...

Yes, but it comes with the territory.  If Wentz had gone to the Steelers or the Seahawks, the talk about a trade to either of those teams would’ve given those organizations the benefit of the doubt.  Washington, as we’re well aware of, is a dumpster fire and a perennial joke around the league.  The automatic default is to scrutinize and question any moves we make, because more often than not it’s warranted.

Until we change our reputation and start winning games, and stop being such a tire fire off the field, this will continue.  Quite frankly, even most fans of this team are headed that way too, because we’ve seen this song and dance before.

Edited by samy316

6 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

I don't think its quite the same. McNabb and Smith were both well past their primes when we acquired them. Wentz isn't even 30 yet. 

But I do agree with the general notion of being sick of trading picks for other team's cast offs. I wanna draft and develop my own guy too. But this year's QB draft class just straight up sucks.

The good thing is we aren't really committed to Wentz beyond this year. He has no guaranteed money left. If he stinks up the joint this year, we cut him next off season and can take our shot at drafting a QB in a much better class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think its quite the same. McNabb and Smith were both well past their primes when we acquired them. Wentz isn't even 30 yet. 

But I do agree with the general notion of being sick of trading picks for other team's cast offs. I wanna draft and develop my own guy too. But this year's QB draft class just straight up sucks.

The good thing is we aren't really committed to Wentz beyond this year. He has no guaranteed money left. If he stinks up the joint this year, we cut him next off season and can take our shot at drafting a QB in a much better class. 

every person who gets traded is being cast off

Dont know if this has been posted yet. But yeah. Ballard was EXTREMELY ready to let Wentz walk on the Mcaffe show. They were ready to "wing it" to get rid of him. Not saying Ron cant fix him. But the homerism takes in here that he is somehow our savior are laughable. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont know if this has been posted yet. But yeah. Ballard was EXTREMELY ready to let Wentz walk on the Mcaffe show. They were ready to "wing it" to get rid of him. Not saying Ron cant fix him. But the homerism takes in here that he is somehow our savior are laughable. 

oh man, accusing this board of homerism

here's the deal.  This team does not need a savior.  We've finished 1-2 games below 500 for four of the last five years, with frequently lousy QB play.  All he has to do is consistently play good and we could be two to three games better.