Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol so the falcons traded Calvin Ridley (the suspended Calvin Ridley) to the jaguars, and one of the games he bet on last season was for falcons to beat the jaguars 😂

Can't say I blame Ridley, tbh.

Any bet on "%team_name% beats Jacksonville Jaguars" is a pretty good investment.

• Like 1

At least they identified the mis alignment, admitted they were wrong, and saved some money while getting a higher pick in a few years (minimal I know). 

The bigger problem would have been hanging onto him too long out of a desire to prove the decision right in the first place. We’ve certainly done that before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Corner has been bad for multiple regimes.  I am down on paying corners big money in FA.

"our bad" 

The question that wasn't asked is "Coach, why do you think you'll get it right next time? What specifically will be done differently via scouting and your front office that got it wrong with Jackson?" 

It's official. The bad man is gone.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34926422/sources-steelers-acquire-william-jackson-iii-commanders

PITTSBURGH -- After dealing wide receiver Chase Claypool to the Chicago Bears for a second-round pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers completed a trade with the Washington Commanders for cornerback William Jackson III before Tuesday's deadline.

The Commanders received a conditional sixth-round draft pick in 2024 for Jackson and a conditional seventh-rounder in 2025.

Edited by ExoDus84

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol so the falcons traded Calvin Ridley (the suspended Calvin Ridley) to the jaguars, and one of the games he bet on last season was for falcons to beat the jaguars 😂

I dont know what Green Bay is doing not getting one of these WRs.  Even getting Ridley for next year gives Rodgers something to look forward to.

55 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

ESPN is reporting that we get two picks. NFL.com is saying we get one pick. 

PITTSBURGH RECEIVES:

CB William Jackson III

2025 conditional seventh-round draft pick

WASHINGTON RECEIVES:

2025 conditional sixth-round draft pick

I'm officially confused. Which network is correct?

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

I think Pac-Man Jones said it best. It’s more of a comprehension issue than an athletic one. 

And that’s one thing I’ve learned during Ron’s tenure, he will not bend one bit on his defensive principles/how it should be done. If you don’t do it right, you will receive the blame and eventually be out. It’s a total, do what we say or get out. 

5 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Yeah, they haven't had a solid CB since Champ Bailey back in 1999.  That's going to be a solid need going into FA next year and they'll probably have to draft a CB as well

i thought shawn springs was solid for us and carlos was solid, he just couldn't get interceptions with his blindness.

• Like 3