Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just heard Moses Morgan, tackle is playing for the Ravens.  We sure could use some help on the offensive line.  Forgot why he left our team.  Did our front office refuse

to pay him?

More or less. Rivera's negligence of the OL is crippling. He inherited two All Pros and Moses who is rock solid and let em all walk for basically nothing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

More or less. Rivera's negligence of the OL is crippling. He inherited two All Pros and Moses who is rock solid and let em all walk for basically nothing.

Come on now. You, and everyone else, knows Bruce Allen screwed up the situation with Trent Williams. The value and offers were there before Rivera came in, but Bruce said no.

At least we get a 3rd rounder for Scherff leaving. Moses still chugging along being a solid RT in multiple schemes and not missing any games is impressive. If memory serves though, didn't we cut Moses when Leno became available? Leno's been good. Just wish Cosmi was healthier.

Anyone heard anything about why Ereck Flowers isn't on a team? It's the halfway point, teams have injuries, his contract demands must be out the window by now. Something's weird.

6 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Anyone heard anything about why Ereck Flowers isn't on a team? It's the halfway point, teams have injuries, his contract demands must be out the window by now. Something's weird.

From what other people have said, it was cause flowers was out of shape. Although contract demands might have some to do with it too. 

Regarding Morgan Moses:  He had a seven year stint with Washington, but in 2021, with new candidates for RT on the roster (Cosmi, Lucas, etc.), Washington released Moses during the off-season.   Moses then joined the Jets on a one-year deal. During the 2022 off-season the Ravens were in need of tackle help and  signed Moses to a three-year, $15 million contract.  He's been a steady performer his entire career -- but perhaps was seen as no longer seen as a good a fit with Washington's new offensive line schemes.

• Thumb up 1

On 10/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, Warhead36 said:

Payne needs to be brought back. He's just hitting his stride. He's still young and he's durable AF. I don't buy the "we can't pay all of our DL" schtick. By the time we get to Young's deal, Allen's will almost be expired. You can always shift things around and the salary cap will only go up more and more with the new TV deals and gambling money coming in.

I mean the Bucs won a Super Bowl and brought back their entire team. The Rams won a Super Bowl and ADDED guys like Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner. We don't have enough good players to let one of the few we have go. I don't wanna hear it.

100%. We have a load of talent on the d line, which alone can keep us competitive, keep it together while we try to figure the rest out.   We will still have plenty of money to address other positions.  The key will be how well we draft and get the most bang for our buck with cheap labor, but that is always the goal regardless.   We can bring them all back.

7 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

The big question is - who gets to eat the ham sandwich?  

(J/k… maybe)

Edit:  Ah, n/m - I see it’s ham sandwiches all around.

(To be clear, I didn’t think they’d even find a trade partner.  I was just messing around.)

Edited by skinny21

3 minutes ago, duffy said:

It sucks this guy didn't pan out. I'm definitely happy they got some value for him, whatever it might be. I would have hated to see them just cut this guy. 

I'm guessing it's minimal, we give wj and a 7th for a 6th or something along those lines.  Everyone knows he was about to be cut anyway.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

At least dumping him off on the Steelers eases the cap hit, right?

Ooh, that’s a great question.  I feel like usually when you trade a player, you cover their guaranteed money and the other team takes on the salary (and incentives/future roster bonuses)?

Edit: Unsurprisingly, I was too slow :)

Edited by skinny21

17 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Haha Clinton-Dix

Man, i was so sad when the packers drafted him in 2014 cause I wanted him so badly, just for the opportunity to say “Ha Ha!!!!” Whenever he got an interception. then 2018 when we were 5-2, and traded for him. I was sooooo happy to finally have that opportunity. 

andddddd then……..he sucked. Complete disappointment :( 

• Like 1