Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

On 10/10/2022 at 9:25 AM, method man said:

Keith Ismael is sitting on SF’s practice squad. I would go sign him and cut Martin today

I agree with you but it ain't happening.

Rivera offered Ismael a spot on our practice squad after final cuts but he chose to go to San Fran instead, presumably leaving Ron feeling a bit spurned.

Methinks that Riverboat is a bit of a hard case who holds grudges even when they are clearly detrimental to the goal of fielding the best team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I agree with you but it ain't happening.

Rivera offered Ismael a spot on our practice squad after final cuts but he chose to go to San Fran instead, presumably leaving Ron feeling a bit spurned.

Methinks that Riverboat is a bit of a hard case who holds grudges even when they are clearly detrimental to the goal of fielding the best team.

Don’t blame him. He is from the Bay Area

57 minutes ago, method man said:

Don’t blame him. He is from the Bay Area

When did I blame him? Just stating the facts.

I can’t blame anybody that has a chance to escape this clusterduck of a team for vamoosing at the very  first opportunity.

In fact if I were a player I would instruct my agent that unless Washington offered far more than any other team bidding for my services to not even answer the phone if they call.

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

When did I blame him? Just stating the facts.

I can’t blame anybody that has a chance to escape this cluster**** of a team for vamoosing at the very  first opportunity.

In fact if I were a player I would instruct my agent that unless Washington offered far more than any other team bidding for my services to not even answer the phone if they call.

I don’t think he was accusing you of blaming him. I think that was him saying “(I) don’t blame him”. People say “don’t blame him” without using “I” first, a lot it seems….

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

How would your agent know how much they are offering if he doesn't even answer the phone? 

• Haha 4

Lets see him against some better slot players in the coming weeks but I think they’ve found something in Wildgoose. It’d be amazing if he is a long term answer at slot corner on the cheap

If Fuller can’t get it together, I want to see what Castro Fields can do later this season. 

• Like 2

Sellers or buyers?  the weird thing under Dan is this team is almost always buyers, not sellers, in spite of their losing ways.  Eagles for example typically load up on picks, Pats back in the day, do, too.

My issue with the coach centric model is not that the coach would be cheap with adding help -- its the reverse, its a win now approach.  If they are losing and they can get a good haul, I'd consider.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 7.47.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 7.47.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 7.48.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 7.49.17 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, method man said:

DeForest Buckner too. If they can a 2nd for Payne, they should absolutely make that move

I’m not sure that’s enough. It’s a decent return, but is it difference making? I personally don’t think so, on balance.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m not sure that’s enough. It’s a decent return, but is it difference making? I personally don’t think so, on balance.

Its probably that our wait for a 3rd comp in 24' assuming he isnt tagged. So IMO thats as good as it gets. From Rons comments it looks like if we lose the next two games we might be sellers which would be a nice change. There has been too many years (decades) of believing we are "close" by the brass. We need a true reboot and get assets while the iron is hot and I think Payne will be gone soon. If not we will be stuck in the groundhog day purgatory forever.😭 That being said it would require competant managers to make that call.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

If it were me, I'd find a way to resign him, simply for the fact that this team is unable to obtain top talents outside of the draft. Whatever talent it is able to obtain via the draft it has to keep. However, if it is too late, you've gotta get compensation for him and can't wait around for a comp pick in 2024.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I just wish for once we would look to trade a bunch of players for picks. This year is an L, just accept it and get some ammo to try again. Unfortunately we won’t and then we’ll continue to be trash

Who would you trade?  I’m assuming Payne, Gibson and Sweat… anyone else in mind?

• Like 1