Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, sebestian said:

Michael Robinson was talking about Wentz yesterday on TA.  He said that he heard from some guys around the league that Carson's strong religious beliefs sometimes rub people the wrong way,  I have never experienced this at work or with friends, I was wondering what the board that about MRob's take.

I prescribe to the hells kitchen rules.  No politics or religion talk in the kitchen.

Thoughts?

I guess everyone hated Kurt Warner too.  All the way to a Super Bowl.  This was made by Irsay, everyone knows, it isn't a very well kept secret. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The NFL is full of super religious guys. Nobody cares if you play well.

Stands to reason that a guy like Irsay wouldn't care for an overly religious guy leading his team? He's probably more of a Joe Namath type of owner....

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Stands to reason that a guy like Irsay wouldn't care for an overly religious guy leading his team? He's probably more of a Joe Namath type of owner....

Even beyond that, I think it all bleeds into the whole vax issue - as there are ties to religion and not getting vaxxed, etc.

I'd imagine in Irsay's mind that a true leader is willing to get vaxxed for the sake of the team and to avoid pitfalls due to covid protocol.  And what ended up happening was Irsay's worst nightmare came true, at the worst possible time when they needed to win to get in the playoffs.  For as much as Irsay is a maniac, I can't really fault him for being upset about that.  When I tell my son if he does/doesn't do a specific thing there will be ramifications, and then exactly what I said ends up happening, my pissed-off level is much higher. 

That said, one would think that at some point between January and March, a rational person would be willing to accept what happened and move on.  Clearly that wasn't the case with Irsay - he seems like the type to take a grudge to the grave.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Even beyond that, I think it all bleeds into the whole vax issue - as there are ties to religion and not getting vaxxed, etc.

I'd imagine in Irsay's mind that a true leader is willing to get vaxxed for the sake of the team and to avoid pitfalls due to covid protocol.  And what ended up happening was Irsay's worst nightmare came true, at the worst possible time when they needed to win to get in the playoffs.  For as much as Irsay is a maniac, I can't really fault him for being upset about that.  When I tell my son if he does/doesn't do a specific thing there will be ramifications, and then exactly what I said ends up happening, my pissed-off level is much higher. 

That said, one would think that at some point between January and March, a rational person would be willing to accept what happened and move on.  Clearly that wasn't the case with Irsay - he seems like the type to take a grudge to the grave.

To dump a guy without having any plan in place to replace him, basically says "I'll take my chances with anyone besides Wentz". That tells me it is personal above all other things. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dyst said:

Everytime I see our cap space and how little we have with the lack of talent on this team and atrocious record - I get even more pissed.

This team has a good bit of talent. We’ve been missing a QB. Every team has holes. We almost made the playoffs, even without an NFL QB and with tons and tons of injuries and COVID and with one of the 3 hardest schedules in the league. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

This team has a good bit of talent. We’ve been missing a QB. Every team has holes. We almost made the playoffs, even without an NFL QB and with tons and tons of injuries and COVID and with one of the 3 hardest schedules in the league. 

I’ll add that even with all that happened last year, if Fitz hadn’t gotten hurt, they probably win 2-3 more games and might be in the playoffs.

Wentz should cover up even more holes.  He’s not elite but he’s better than what we’ve had which should help.

I think I posted this in the QB thread, but what they’re doing is running back year 2 of the rebuild and basically pretending last year didn’t exist, but this time with better QB play.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

The Rams just keep on signing. My goodness. So I take it it is really a 2 year deal

While our good old Redskins/Team/Commanders obviously think we have got a good enough roster to get to the playoffs. Who would have thought that the old Big Money spending Redskins would become the cheapskates of the NFL. I only hope Rivera and Co know what the **** they're doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

While our good old Redskins/Team/Commanders obviously think we have got a good enough roster to get to the playoffs. Who would have thought that the old Big Money spending Redskins would become the cheapskates of the NFL. I only hope Rivera and Co know what the **** they're doing. 

We aren’t in the same universe as a team like the Rams.

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm not surprised wagner chose the rams.  They are the defending champs, he stays on the west coast, and the numbers look close to what he was asking for.

I hope Rivera is on the phone to Alexander Johnson's agent as we speak.

We should be throwing money at the Honey Badger and drafting a LB.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm not surprised wagner chose the rams.  They are the defending champs, he stays on the west coast, and the numbers look close to what he was asking for.

I hope Rivera is on the phone to Alexander Johnson's agent as we speak.

He knows what he's doing and he has his plan.  He's not going to let that 3rd round and possibly 7th round comp picks get away.  JMO.  :)  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

We should be throwing money at the Honey Badger and drafting a LB.

I wouldn't hate signing the honey badger, but to be clear, I'm not saying signing Alexander Johnson should prevent them from drafting a LB.  If Lloyd is their bpa at 11 or muma at 47, pull the trigger.  Johnson isn't a guy that has solved the problem long term, but he is a guy that gives us a significant upgrade to what we currently have.  I hate going into a draft with a gaping hole like we have at MLB, bc then they are prone to reach and not get maximum value with their picks, like they did with jamin last year.  If we sign AJ, we take BPA and if it's not a MLB, no big deal, we bought some time to find the long term solution.