Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK
Message added by TK,

238171562_ScreenShot2022-01-02at3_49_55PM.thumb.png.173f23c1dd180a90b4d76545c9a7f3b0.png

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

If you want the best pick possible, you leave Taylor in there.

I just want to see if Kyle is more deserving of the clipboard next season. I expect it'll be Heinicke, but I feel bad for Kyle that his knee got KOed last season and that he's been passed over ever since. For maximum draft pick potential, Kyle Shurmur gets what Gilbert denied him last Philly game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

It was the ****ing D that lost us the game. smdh!

They certainly weren’t good, but holding a team to 20 ain’t bad.  Our offense was horrible outside of the first drive.  FG’s instead of TD’s loose games, as well as stupid risks and bad playcalling.  

Edited by Catatonic

1 minute ago, cougs said:

But isn’t that what a coordinator is suppose to do; win with the personnel that they have. Every OC can win with the perfect QB, a good OC can disguise the weaknesses of their offense. 

Dude has had to deal with crappy Haskins, a one-legged Alex (whose arm was so significantly better than Heineken's, its not even funny), and Heineke (who doesn't have an NFL arm and has below-average accuracy).  Heineke has gotten Terry killed this year with his crappy passes.  Dude can't throw in stride for anything past 15 yards.  Give him a legit QB with legit physical skills to judge him. 

Yes, better draft choice.

First - the biggest problem since the last SB is the inability of the Front Office, whoever it has been, to consistently acquire players each off season. The draft being the top source.

Second, since this team has been baskcially average since Dan bought the team, might as well suck and get high draft picks until we solve the first issue

The alternative is to be like we have since Dan bough the team. Every 5-7 years lose a playoff game.

Maybe this was for the best, because even if we had won, we undoubtedly would've either lost to the Giants, or the Eagles would've beat the Cowboys next week.

Speaking of the Giants game.....I have no idea why, but I'll idiotically tune into that one as well. An unfortunate habit. m

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He is not a “really good backup”.  There are backups who may not be consistent or read defenses ideally but at least they have the basic arm talent to make an NFL caliber pass.  Or they are a running threat. Heinicke has the arm of an average high school QB, no longer recognizes or takes advantage of running lanes, and his accuracy is arguably worse than Allen’s was coming out of college.   But Rivera being the utter moron he is still wants to see what he has in  TH.  We would have lost absolutely NOTHING playing Allen and at least might have gotten a few NFL caliber throws. 

Ifs, ands, and buts aside, I think if COVID doesn’t kill this team makes the playoffs. 

I think they exit quickly, but they make it. Now, the question turns to the draft and who we retain and acquire (coach and player version). 

Personally, I think Turner was dealt a bad hand all year and Del Rio played a bad hand all year. I’m not saying Turner is a keeper, but losing Curtis and Logan pretty much all year and McKissic for half a year is like going into a gun fight with a slingshot. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Dude has had to deal with crappy Haskins, a one-legged Alex (whose arm was so significantly better than Heineken's, its not even funny), and Heineke (who doesn't have an NFL arm and has below-average accuracy).  Heineke has gotten Terry killed this year with his crappy passes.  Dude can't throw in stride for anything past 15 yards.  Give him a legit QB with legit physical skills to judge him. 

Well I hope your right.  I don’t see it and we won’t get that qb next year. The draft sucks and we are not getting a legit starter via free agency or a trade.