Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Fire Ron, Jack & Wright

El Mexican

8 minutes ago, profusion said:

The pressing issue is player acquisition, not coaching. It's not just the QB situation, either.

• Rivera is the guy in charge, and this year's draft/FA results certainly call that into question.
  • It's doubtful he'd accept a demotion to just HC.
  • Even if he would, there's no evidence Dan is capable of hiring a good chief football executive.
  • Even if that miraculously happened, there's no evidence that guy would be allowed to do what's needed.

It will always come back to Snyder, sad to say.

Put Rivera at the top executive position. And let his GMs pick the next HC coach. Problem solved.

• Like 2

Strap in, he’s getting his full 5 years. 

Personally, I have zero interest in starting over with a new staff. 

Unfortunately, Ron and company have a legit argument this season deserves an asterisk. Fitz going down in game 1, Covid, and all the injuries are real things that have hamstrung the team this year. 

Ride out the next two season and hope Ron and company can identify their next “Cam Newton”. Malik Willis!?!?! I’m all in, if anyone else would like to jump on, come on aboard. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

The team is in the process of a rebuild and decimated by injuries and COVID.  Firing a coach less then two years into his tenure isn't going to fix or change that.

the team has been “rebuilding” for 20+ years. Quite a few teams have been able to rebuild in less than 3 years. It’s complete BS that we couldn’t turn things around if we had an owner with any bit of competence. The only way Rivera was going to take this job was to get total power over the football side. That was a mistake. He doesn’t have the GM thing down at all. Pretty sure that was a complaint among the Panthers fans when he was there. He can coach a team but he can’t pick players.

• Thanks 1

The graphic which REALLY stuck out to me is McCarthy has 9 - TEN win seasons.  The Redskins/WFT have won 10 games like once since 1992.  That's the measuring stick which Ron refers to so often and he fails.  Therefore Snyder has failed, again.  If you want a WINNING coach, then you have to be willing to take a chance on someone new (like Myer) or get a SUCCESSFUL coach.  Rivera just isn't it.  That said however, I don't think we should fire everyone.  The team is missing a BUNCH of starters.  I mean look at the LB's which played last night.  Look at the secondary.  I didn't even recognize several of the names.  The offense has 0 weapons.  Even McLaurin isn't as legit as say Chase on the Bengals.  The offense has nothing, no explosive power.  No QB either, despite Heinicke stepping in admirably and actually winning games.  This team is missing their starter since the first game in the, what, 2nd quarter?  The cards have been stacked against Rivera this year and he's done well enough so I don't think you can blow it up this year.  Hopefully they have a MUCH BETTER draft this year and free agency.  Otherwise, I don't see this team doing much next year either.

30 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Ride out the next two season and hope Ron and company can identify their next “Cam Newton”. Malik Willis!?!?! I’m all in, if anyone else would like to jump on, come on aboard. 

Nah, that isn't the guy.  I'm wondering what the ceiling is on Bailey Zappe.  Is he another Taylor or does he have an arm.  To be honest, it's not going to make much difference unless the team can stack around whomever is QB with some legit weapons.

Edited by Thirtyfive2seven
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

the team has been “rebuilding” for 20+ years.

But Ron has not, he jus got here.

Quite a few teams have been able to rebuild in less than 3 years.

Name them, I'd like to see if their new coach got to pick a first round QB yet or already had a franchise QB when they came in, neither of which Ron has.

It’s complete BS that we couldn’t turn things around if we had an owner with any bit of competence. The only way Rivera was going to take this job was to get total power over the football side. That was a mistake. He doesn’t have the GM thing down at all. Pretty sure that was a complaint among the Panthers fans when he was there. He can coach a team but he can’t pick players.

Just to be clear, are we already writing off Chase Young and Jamin Davis?  Cosmi? Curl? Gibson?  I'm not happy he got that much power, either, but for me its jus too early to write off everyone hes brought in out of frustration. 

He inherited a dumpster fire, what he did with it his first year was a miracle, while he had cancer for crying out loud. Now folks want to throw the baby out with the bathwater less then a year later? Count me out.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Taylor isn't to challenge anyone.

Oh, definitely not. But Synder would still feel threatened by him.

I think this season has shown that Taylor is backup caliber.  I also think that Snyder will be picking our next  "franchise QB", and the results will be just as bad as all his previous attempts.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Name them, I'd like to see if their new coach got to pick a first round QB yet or already had a franchise QB when they came in, neither of which Ron has.

Who's the last Washington head coach who got to draft his own QB? Joe Gibbs?

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

If we're going to say Ron won't get to pick his QB, how in the world can we blame Ron for that?

I'm not convinced Snyder will meddle with that, and Ron will be judged on whoever he does eventually pick because of how much control he has.

I will add if it were to happen that Ron got shown the door. (I don't support this idea) Kellen Moore is an intriguing HC candidate knobsucker (erm Collinsworth) alluded to him being targeted in the next few years. He seems to be an upcoming coordinator who will get a shot.  

Ron deserves the benefit of seeing this contract through.  It's painful to see the team play so badly but with circumstances like they faced I will not lose any sleep. 

Also don't we have like a brain trust of GMs that Ron had hired? Hopefully they doing everything they can to find us a QB they should be checking every chance and maybe even going to all the grocery stores and checking if any washed out QBs are working there.  Worked for the Rams right? 

9 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Quarterbacks drafted by Washington since 1980:

1981 Tom Flick (4th) and Phil Kessel (10th)

1982 Bob Holly (11th)

1983 Babe Laufenberg (6th)

1984 Jay Schroeder (3rd)

1986 Mark Rypien (6th)

1987 Alfred Jenkins (9th)

1988 Stan Humphries (6th)

1990 Cary Conklin (4th)

1992 Chris Hakel (4th)

1994 Heath Shuler (1st) and Gus Frerotte (7th)

2000 Todd Husak (6th)

2001 Sage Rosenfels (4th)

2002 Patrick Ramsey (1st)

2003 Gibron Hamdan (7th)

2005 Jason Campbell (1st)

2007 Jordan Palmer (7th)

2008 Colt Brennan (6th)

2011 Robert Griffin III (1st) and Kirk Cousins (4th)

2016 Nate Sudfeld (6th)

2019 Dwayne Haskins (1st)

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

There was none. He posted something on Christmas Day about “beat Dallas” and the snow picture of someone peeing on the Dallas star, and fans found a way to whine about it. 

I wouldn’t say it’s nothing.  What other team president in the league is tweeting out idiotic memes like a 12yr old fanboy?  It’s just another example of what trash organization we have and how out of touch is Jason Wright is.

• Thanks 1

I am torn...I like the meme, but I get why some don't want to see that from someone that high ranking in our front office.  So I lean towards he shouldn't of done that, even if in good fun.  We have a social media team that might be able to get away with it, have them do it.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This was the Tweet from Wright:

Yeah, and fans got all butthurt about a meme that shouldn’t even be that big of a deal at all. People like posting pictures that are meant to trash our division rivals, but then get all salty when he does the same thing. It’s ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I am torn...I like the meme, but I get why some don't want to see that from someone that high ranking in our front office.  So I lean towards he shouldn't of done that, even if in good fun.  We have a social media team that might be able to get away with it, have them do it.

Oh lord. The amount of backlash the social media team would be facing today from cowboys fans if the team twitter account had posted it. 

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I didn’t get that impression. I though he came across well. Frustrated with COVID, injuries, and then the lack of application the players showed in response to that. It came across as fairly honest, realistic criticism. I think he is up for the fight but knows we have critical pieces missing. 

I sense his main issue is the coaching and recruitment performances of some of his closest associates. That likely pisses him off more than anything.

You think so? I haven’t really gotten the feeling he sees anything wrong with the way Del Rio calls the game or has his staff prepare the players. I guess we’ll find out in about 2-3 weeks 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh lord. The amount of backlash the social media team would be facing today from cowboys fans if the team twitter account had posted it. 

Rather them then Jason, if want to say neither, I can live with that.  But definetly not Jason, whether we won or not doesnt matter to me.

It jus comes across as immature someone that high ranking posting piss memes on twitter.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Ok ignore McCarthy. I think Snyder could have gotten Reid 

Oh, you stop.  Reid is a savvy dude - I recall reading about how he ended up in KC and practically all of it was because they are the opposite of Snyder's organization.  Snyder also would have had to dump Shanny after the 2012 season to be in play for Reid.  But I don't think it would have mattered, because Andy is too smart and too coveted by the league to have ended up coaching Snyder's franchise.  The only potential positive for Reid would be to stick it to the Eagles twice a year, but would that really be worth the uphill battle that is coaching in Ashburn working for freaking Dan Snyder?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's because we ****ing suck. 

If we were any good or even mediocre then that would have been okay for him to post.

But after Dallas brought their own benches into our home and whooped our asses, and then we brought our own benches to Philly and got our asses whooped, he then brings our benches to Dallas and makes a stupid meme post like that before we get the biggest ass whooping possibly in franchise history?

Yeah, we're just not good enough to have someone that high up posting stupid ass meme pics like that.  

This dude clearly has no clue how the **** to read the room, and he even said so with the whole Sean Taylor debacle.  Apparently he still has no clue how to do it though.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think some of our expectations are out of wack. We are talking underrated/overrated/championships/playoffs when the fact is, this is a franchise that can't even challenge for a wild card spot with any kind of consistency.  This is not a roster where a coach is going to come in and "whip them into shape" for a magical run.  Half of Rivera's first season was basically a waste of time trying to see if Haskins had anything to offer, and this season the QB they wanted to start went down on his first series.   That doesn't even get into all the other injuries and covid protocol issues that have made this a mess.

Rivera shouldn't be shielded from criticism when it's deserved, but if say a guy like Gruden was still here in 2020 and 2021, the team likely would have given up before Thanksgiving.

We need to stop acting like a coach is going to come in and unlock all this unseen potential.  This team needs to become a regular 9-11 game winner before those next level moves are made.  I could take or leave Rivera as the coach to take them team over the top, but I think he is plenty capable, given time and a better roster, of getting the team to the playoffs on a regular basis and once they hit that wall, we can talk about whether a different coach would be better.  Sort of like the Norv Turrner/Marty dynamic in San Diego when they got to a certain level and stalled over and over.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1