Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Fire Ron, Jack & Wright

El Mexican

1 minute ago, Destino said:

The unnamed sources infection, as you put it, is often Dan Snyder and his people.  It normally precedes or follows a firing and serves as a petty means of demonizing the latest scapegoat.  Firing the coaching staff is just sleight of hand that we’ve seen before.  It’s just a a trick to reignite fan interest in a failing team with no answers.  

This team isn’t winning until the roster is good.  There’s no getting around it.  Everything else is just marketing.

Yeah, it's hard to disagree with this.  

19 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Ron Rivera took us to the playoffs last year with a peg leg QB. Out of all the things that have gone wrong with this team, he is nowhere near the top of my list.

WFT was the least crappy of the NFC East teams last year.  Rivera is showing his last few years in Carolina weren't a mirage. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I mean we finished the season 7-10....I get it we are in a rebuild, but we will be in year 3 of his contract with no starting QB which is the most important position in football....his draft picks haven't had much relevance have there been any bright spots that this regime has brought In, most of the good players on the team have all been brought in by the previous regime...

What did you expect Rivera to do? 2020 was him being handed an airhead 1st round QB and being told to make him a superstar. 2021 we swung for Stafford and missed. What else was Rivera supposed to do with a franchise that has no social currency to spend on luring good players here? A team with no name had a destroyed roster, no QB, an offseason filled with sexual misconduct scandals. We're a trash dump, and Ron willed it into the playoffs, ugly record and all.

So we toss out Ron Rivera. Great. Who you got next for us? What coach is going to look at the team with no name, who just fired one of the most respected coaches in the league and has a dipstick owner who everyone wishes would stop existing? Who in the world do you think is going to be better than what we have now and actually be willing to sign here?

Nobody. That's who.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Ron Rivera took us to the playoffs last year with a peg leg QB. Out of all the things that have gone wrong with this team, he is nowhere near the top of my list.

He’s fighting a lot of historical momentum and still learning what he has. Overall I think they are trending up. They will need to be much more competitive as the season ends. 

Its difficult for me to throw the blame at RR, but he did bring DelTaco here, and it has been crystal clear all season that he knows nothing about being any type of decent DC. 

Most all of the players were healthy at the beginning of the season, yet we saw  no creativeness, no scheming{ at least none effective } and piss pot poor adjustments, but only after the games were beyond hope. 

I'm not high on Turner by any respect, but I do understand the talent level on offense is McLaurin and Thomas and thats it. And Thomas has been nicked up all year and who knows if he will be reliable next season or not, but they have to keep him. But Gibson is no RB, they need a good RB and badly.

• Like 1

Hahahahahahahaha.  You wanna fire the leadership that has us set up to produce? Perennial competitiveness doesn’t come in 1.5 seasons when you’ve crapped the bed for 20.  We are headed in the right direction.  I hate losin as much as the next guy but let’s all be real about the product we have.  A draft or two and we’re good.  Patience is hard for the screen swipin gen 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The true problem is us, the fans.  Primarily, the fans that get sucked in time and time again, season after season, thinking that somehow, someway, despite all odds and facts to the contrary, this season will be different.  A mediocre coach whose previous records aren't really much to brag about (let's be honest; we wouldn't be worried or intimidated if Ron had been hired by a division opponent) is not going to be a miraculous savior here.  No matter how many times we see the exact movie play here the past two plus decades, some keep expecting the ending to change.  Until the fans stop getting their hopes up and having undeserved expectations, we will have threads like this, because those hopes and expectations lead to the frustrations and the pains that push fans to start these threads.  Nothing, I mean nothing, that this team has done in the past decade is reason for fans to think things are going to change.  It is beyond depressing, but it is the truth. 

If we want real change for this organization, it needs to start with us.  Stop falling for the same bull**** every year.  Stop purchasing team gear, tickets, etc. Stop calling into the radio shows.  Stop watching any of the junior high quality produced TV shows.  Hell, stop watching the games.  All of the numbers all around need to dip, and dip badly.  The CBA makes it tough for Snyder to feel a pinch from lack of ticket sales for games, but lack of merch sales, ratings drops on radio and television, those numbers can't be hidden from sponsors and the league, and that will hit Snyder's wallet.  That's when we will start to see signs of true change: hiring innovated coaches, not re-treads and college coaches with no NFL experience; true talent evaluators/GM hires; complete draft selections and FA acquisitions that are true needs and value, etc.; and Snyder staying the **** away from all team operations (including his wife).  Until we see ALL of that, there is no reason to think things will be different. 

• Thanks 1

Wright is a fraud. I had high hopes after watching some his initial media interviews, he seemed bright and had a vision for the franchise.  Turns out he’s a token hire by Snyder who’s happy collecting paycheck and being another Snyder lackey.

What is the in inappropriate tweet Wright sent out?

Edited by mojo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

out of 11 seasons coaching in this league Rivera has had 3 winning seasons....I don't get what's so special about him...but I see the point of not firing him too early as well, it just doesn't seem likely to me that much will change in the next 3 years thats left on his contract. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Destino said:

The unnamed sources infection, as you put it, is often Dan Snyder and his people.  

With Shanny it was the exact opposite. After he was fired he even co-wrote a book with one the journalists he fed inside info!

So no, it's not uncommon for the coach/GM to show his frustration vs. the owner by leaking damaging stories.

RR has lost the team.

This will only get worse, as we've already seen in years past. Time to cut our loses.

19 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Hahahahahahahaha.  You wanna fire the leadership that has us set up to produce? Perennial competitiveness doesn’t come in 1.5 seasons when you’ve crapped the bed for 20.  We are headed in the right direction.  I hate losin as much as the next guy but let’s all be real about the product we have.  A draft or two and we’re good.  Patience is hard for the screen swipin gen 

Fan of 35 years talking. This debacle is beyond patience.

The HC has lost the team.

Edited by El Mexican

21 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

You say we’re headed in the right direction. Can you explain why you think that? 

• Like 1

I have a hard time blaming coaches for the awful situation of starting players who have no business playing with NFL stars.  

Our defense had none of our linebackers aside from Mayo who I believe was signed to fill a special teams role.

The covid outbreak is really screwing us hard.

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I mean we finished the season 7-10....I get it we are in a rebuild, but we will be in year 3 of his contract with no starting QB which is the most important position in football....his draft picks haven't had much relevance have there been any bright spots that this regime has brought In, most of the good players on the team have all been brought in by the previous regime...

Maybe we shoulda kept Jay. 

• Haha 1

2020 could very well be the peak of Rivera.

I said that Dan will never win a Super Bowl and he probably will never win another playoff game.

I don’t know why he zeroed in on Ron; he should’ve interviewed a few candidates before deciding.

Ron’s mistakes of the first 2 years have caught up to him. This team is nowhere near competing consistently to be among the better teams. Our last 2 playoff appearances only happened because the rest of the East collapsed.

Ron wants to last beyond 22; he has retool the team. Change some coaches. Find that QB in 22 either in free agency, trade or draft. He must find that QB next year or 22 is his last year. I don’t think he survives a losing season with a veteran qb. With a rookie qb; you’d expect a losing season, so that would be his insurance against firing.

2022 is the most critical of the Rivera era. Do it right and he could have a long tenure here. Do it wrong and he will be gone after next year.

One thing, you never know what’s going on in Dan’s mind or who’s whispering in his ear. It wouldn’t shock me at all; if Dan fires Ron in 3 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

One thing, you never know what’s going on in Dan’s mind or who’s whispering in his ear. It wouldn’t shock me at all; if Dan fires Ron in 3 weeks. 

Dan used to have that reputation, but he really don’t fire coaches like that anymore. I think we’re stuck with Ron at least one more season.

• Like 1