Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Fire Ron, Jack & Wright

El Mexican

Since we can't fire the owner, the only logical solution to even start to attone for the total dismantelling of the WTF by Dallas is to fire these guys.

Complete and utter failure at the personell, preparadness and strategic level.

Zorn, Shanny and Fat Gruden all had games like this and were inmediately shown the door.  It's either that or leave the infection to swell and start reading about "unnamed sources" in WaPo and ESPN hit pieces.

A new low in the Synder era and that's really saying something.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb down 11

2 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Since we can't fire the owner, the only logical solution to even start to attone for the total dismantelling of the WTF by Dallas is to fire these guys.

Zorn, Shanny and Fat Gruden all had games like this and were inmediately shown the door.  It's either that or leave the infection to swell and start reading about "unnamed sources" in WaPo and ESPN hit pieces.

they weren't playing in the COVID era.  Our D is missing like six starters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get that the OP is frustrated, and threads made out of frustration usually aren't that great.

But whatever, while we're here we might as well discuss it.  It's kind of hard to look at everything rationally and logically while this team is getting proper ****ed on national TV right now.

I'm subject to change my mind but in this very moment I'm of the belief that it really doesn't matter who our coach is.  As long as Snyder is here, nothing else really matters.  Either he's the worst owner ever and terrible at picking talent or he's the most unluckiest son of a **** ever.  Or both.

I think Rivera is probably a mediocre coach who has really good communication skills and people respect him a lot.  But he can't overcome the Snyder stank.

Wright is a joke.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I've really soured on Wright, and I liked him a lot when he came in. The Taylor fiasco really made him look over his head.

I think Rivera is a good coach and an excellent motivator. I think there is a massive overreaction to this game, which is understandable. This team was mediocre--especially on offense--when healthy. They won 4 in a row and everyone got geeked up, ignoring that they were extremely lucky wins. People figured out how to stop Heinicke--and this isn't a dig on Turner--we are severely limited on offense, and Turner patched it together with duct tape and bubble gum. The injuries and COVID hit and that was that.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The team is in the process of a rebuild and decimated by injuries and COVID.  Firing a coach less then two years into his tenure isn't going to fix or change that.

Nor is it going to make one of the worst-run franchises any more inviting for the next candidate. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

And then what?

• Like 2

After tonight, all bets are off. I believe Ron will be here, but I’m not expecting too much difference next year. Ron Rivera is an overrated coach. What has he done since Cam’s prime years? I think him and Del Rio run an outdated defense and Turner runs a very basic offense. We’re screwed if all of them come back. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I get that the OP is frustrated, and threads made out of frustration usually aren't that great.

But whatever, while we're here we might as well discuss it.  It's kind of hard to look at everything rationally and logically while this team is getting proper ****ed on national TV right now.

I'm subject to change my mind but in this very moment I'm of the belief that it really doesn't matter who our coach is.  As long as Snyder is here, nothing else really matters.  Either he's the worst owner ever and terrible at picking talent or he's the most unluckiest son of a **** ever.  Or both.

I think Rivera is probably a mediocre coach who has really good communication skills and people respect him a lot.  But he can't overcome the Snyder stank.

Wright is a joke.

sorry, when we're losing bad the only way I get irrational is wishing the team starts playing dirty and regretting it

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Ron Rivera took us to the playoffs last year with a peg leg QB. Out of all the things that have gone wrong with this team, he is nowhere near the top of my list.

I understand we went to the playoffs, but let’s keep it in perspective. We had a losing record and Philly handed us a playoff spot.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Ron Rivera took us to the playoffs last year with a peg leg QB. Out of all the things that have gone wrong with this team, he is nowhere near the top of my list.

I mean we finished the season 7-10....I get it we are in a rebuild, but we will be in year 3 of his contract with no starting QB which is the most important position in football....his draft picks haven't had much relevance have there been any bright spots that this regime has brought In, most of the good players on the team have all been brought in by the previous regime...

• Like 1

The unnamed sources infection, as you put it, is often Dan Snyder and his people.  It normally precedes or follows a firing and serves as a petty means of demonizing the latest scapegoat.  Firing the coaching staff is just sleight of hand that we’ve seen before.  It’s just a trick to reignite fan interest in a failing team with no answers.  

This team isn’t winning until the roster is good.  There’s no getting around it.  Everything else is just marketing.

• Like 7