Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Russell's Bum Finger vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1511917340_ScreenShot2021-11-29at11_24_22PM.thumb.png.9ff08e320975480226009ee094c5a462.png

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Nah, fans who quit on the season with half the games still to go and make other fans feel like short-sighted little children for being happy when their team wins deserve to get ribbed in this scenario. It's all in good fun anyway. 

Amen.

Edited by Bifflog
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

I will say it again. Once Chase realizes that he’s not as good as he thinks he is, he can be a good DE.  He tries to make the superstar plays but unfortunately he doesn’t have the superstar ability of the Von Millers, Khalil Macks’, TJ Watts’, etc.  Play within the system Chase, you’re a cog.  

I think he has that talent.  What he needs to realize is he can’t just out-physical guys.  He needs to combine his physical skills with technique. If he does that he can be exceptional.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That TD was a straight up coin flip either way. Objectively it really should have been ruled incomplete so I don't think we got hosed. But I've seen similar plays stand as TDs for their teams. Really just comes down to that particular ref. But we also benefited from some dubious calls earlier in the game. There are no screwjobs in the NFL.

Thought it was very similar to the Njoku TD the Browns got last night.  The ground didnt cause him to lose control of the ball and it seemed like he got his hand under it.  

Do we no longer have the Bert Emmanuel rule?  To be fair it was much closer than the BE rule... as in he ruled to get his hands under it just right at the last moment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TK said:

Well he wasn't gonna get there lining up under the Guard anyways so...

It’s criminal that they called a timeout and didn’t let that happen.  The laughs lost in that instant is a tragedy.  Everyone of us was robbed of a new butt fumble.  

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

God I wish Dan and Tonya were there tonight.  

Between this, the constant missed 3rd down conversions in the second half, the "dropped" TD and Tress not being allowed to kick the game winning FG, there were many missed opportunities tonight. 

Still a W though. 

• Haha 1

I've got to hand it to the D in this game. I kept thinking Wilson is going to break out at any time and you just don't give him that many chances when the lead is that short. Especially after all those tricky play calls on 3rd and 1 that Turner worked so hard to design :rolleyes: They really kept the pressure on this week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

God I wish Dan and Tonya were there tonight.  

Thats some serious cleansing rain, curse-washing-away karma if I've ever seen it.

Burial ground is for real.  Wash away the old name and owner.

Broke the Monday night drought and the 2 point conversion drought.  We're 3-0 since putting the new logo at midfield correct?

Edited by Reaper Skins