Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Russell's Bum Finger vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1511917340_ScreenShot2021-11-29at11_24_22PM.thumb.png.9ff08e320975480226009ee094c5a462.png

Usually late in a season I look over the schedule and think to myself "damn, I wish we had won that game," or "how did we let that one slip through our fingers?" 

This year, I'm blown away by the games we did win and can't believe we're 5-6. The Giants and Seahawks wins were some of the craziest **** I've seen from this team. 

Edited by Bacon

I wish for the fans this win had been more emphatic, but in the grand scheme it doesn't matter.  We left meat on the bone and still won, I'd rather win and learn than lose.

Breaking the MNF curse in the ****ing hexxed uniforms is one thing, up next... the coin.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-fans-coin-flip-has-correctly-predicted-result-of-every-las-vegas-game-this-season/

Edited by Bifflog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah in some ways. I can’t recall being that on the edge of my seat during the 4th quarter for a game in eons.

I was sitting next to my wife telling her watch Russell Wilson move the ball down the field before that last drive happened.  She kept going no way, Wilson had been shut down all game. But I went yeah but Wilson is the ultimate clutch Qb in the NFL. He’s not the best QB but I’ve felt for a long time he’s the most clutch. 

So I was nervous in spite of how the game was going. But wow felt good to hold on.

But yeah in short no QB freaks me out more with the game on the line than Wilson.

Don’t I know it. We intercepted him 5 times in the 2014 NFC Championship Game and the last 3 minutes of the game into overtime he catches fire and throws for nearly 200 yards and a TD pass to beat us after being awful the entire game.

• Like 2

When I saw the schedule being nfc east for 5 weeks straight to end the season I said WTF.

Now I'm sayin WFT LETS ****ING GO.  This team is scared of no one.  Give us the east on that big ol silver platter.  Put a cowboys star on it, we gon take it. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

We had 6 points taken away by the refs and we had an oc that didn’t want to score more points in the 3rd and 4th quarter

More than 6 in all likelihood because of that hold on Scherff. It was so frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We really should have blown these jabronis out. Seattle are straight up terrible. Bottom five team in the league.

We are only a few plays away from being a bottom 5 team aswell. 

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

It's already 4:40am here and I have got to be up at 6:30. I'm gonna be tired, but happy.

Might as well keep the buzz going…

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Elevated/Promoted from PS ; is there a difference ?

With the new rules you can elevate guys just for X amount of games without them technically taking up a “real” roster spot. Or you can promote them permanently to the active roster which requires them to be waived and go through waivers again to get back on the PS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

Don’t I know it. We intercepted him 5 times in the 2014 NFC Championship Game and the last 3 minutes of the game into overtime he catches fire and throws for nearly 200 yards and a TD pass to beat us after being awful the entire game.

Yep.  Wilson is no Brady or Rodgers, etc. But I don’t recall a QB as good as him with the game on the line. He could play crappy for most of the game but then he can come back on you anyway with clutch play after clutch play with the game on the line 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We really should have blown these jabronis out. Seattle are straight up terrible. Bottom five team in the league.

If we converted on any of those 3rd and shorts, it could have been different.

I’ll make it really simple: when you play ball control you have to score TDs on drives at a high rate because you don’t have a ton of opportunities. Also, you have to convert 3rd downs.  

We went 5-13 on 3rd down.  We hung onto the ball, but that’s not great.

Against Tampa we were much better and ended up with more points.

We got conservative in the middle of the game and didn’t take advantage of the opportunity to blow them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Yea, really.  That stretch was beyond conservative, it was playing scared.  

Yeah...he ran the same play three times against Carolina. Scott is the dude who plays the bet game. We will get it this time I'm sure....nothing to do with TH. But I'm sure they will replace him ASAP.  He is playing good football, enjoy it. Maybe if Sweat and Chase hadn't played the first 6 games we would have a better record huh? See how that sounds?

• Confused 1