Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Russell's Bum Finger vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1511917340_ScreenShot2021-11-29at11_24_22PM.thumb.png.9ff08e320975480226009ee094c5a462.png

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

This is how we just beat two good teams.

Tennessee has done what we’re doing, much better, for a few years now in the midst of a HOF-level run for Derrick Henry. And it’s gotten them almost nowhere. It’s fun to physically pound some of these teams into the grass like we are right now. To watch guys in our colors assert their will and beat up some fools. But it’s not a way to consistently win playoff games or even regular season games (for most teams) in this league. Not unless we get a whole lot better at it and everything else lol. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Tennessee has done what we’re doing, much better, for a few years now in the midst of a HOF-level run for Derrick Henry. And it’s gotten them almost nowhere. It’s fun to physically pound some of these teams into the grass like we are right now. To watch guys in our colors assert their will and beat up some fools. But it’s not a way to consistently win playoff games or even regular season games (for most teams) in this league. Not unless we get a whole lot better at it and everything else lol. 

I understand that but with the talent on this team it is what works best 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The Seahawks are pathetic, Russ is injured, we’re dominating almost across the board the entire game, out-physical-ing them all night…and we’re up one measly score. This team isn’t competing with actual good teams this way folks. This isn’t 1983. Or even 2003. Or even 2013.  

I don’t quite get the angst about not winning by enough.  I get your point but you don’t win or lose all games the same way.  It’s okay to win ugly every now and then.

They’ve shown the ability to win in different ways over the past few weeks.  They also don’t have any great teams left on the schedule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Is Gibson our best RB since prime Portis?

He may be, but that's not saying a lot.  

If he can continue to grow the way he has over the last couple years he may be awesome.

That said I hope McKissic recovers quickly (bad spinal compression).  It's looks super scary like he lost the feeling/functions of his lower extremities.

Just now, Yng Lady88 said:

****, the way he was flexing and trying to move his arm hope it's just a stinger

In my experience most of the time there’s a stinger there’s a concussion. They aren’t definitively linked, but there seems to be a correlation in my years as a coach. Having said that, experience doesn’t necessarily mean correlation.

• Like 1