Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Carolina: You Cam Go Home Again

TK

Just now, KDawg said:

Heinicke has played well in the past so that’s not surprising. But he is playing better than I’ve seen with zip on the short balls. He actually seems to have a live arm in the short to intermediate range and lacking a deep ball arm. His velocity is solid.

Perhaps getting a week off to rest helped his arm out. He has never played this much in the nfl

Heinicke tearing it up right now, and knows how to get the ball to The Scary One.  Hes about the only reason I tune in to watch the NFL, and hes having another fantastic game tonight.  If the rest of the team can show up we can start a win streak, even with the OL injuries pilling up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Heinicke has played well in the past so that’s not surprising. But he is playing better than I’ve seen with zip on the short balls. He actually seems to have a live arm in the short to intermediate range and lacking a deep ball arm. His velocity is solid.

He seems to be realizing his limitations in the long game, but also seems to be losing the ability to sense pocket pressure and knowing when to run or throw the ball away.

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

So Cam sprints to the 50 yard line well after the play and spikes the ball into the turf.  Someone tell me how that isn't the very definition of taunting?

If he stared at our sideline I would say it’s taunting. I do think running to the middle of the field should count as a delay of game somehow.

Edited by Florgon79

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Look around the league and I’d bet at least half the teams would say the same thing.

I bet half the league didn't lost their starting QB for the season in game 1 and lost their two pass rushers.  But some of their other injuries I agree are common like losing O lineman like flies.  O lineman tend to go down

Some track this stuff so here what I found...having said that I don't feel like debating it anymore.  If you feel the injuries here are run of the mill compared to the league, that's cool. I was just making a point that to me this seemed like a season with a higher share of injuries than typical.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

SOme thoughts from the Panthers message board:

Damn is the defense really going to ruin Cam's homecoming? I know this is an overreaction since the score is essentially 0-0 but damn.

offense: we are pretty solid now!

defense: cool ima go eat some glue now

Just a reminder that we clearly fell on that fumble

Heinicke is a nice player. Even if the franchise insisted on moving on from Cam in 2019, we could have saved ourselves some misery by keeping him.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

He seems to be realizing his limitations in the long game, but also seems to be losing the ability to sense pocket pressure and knowing when to run or throw the ball away.

Over the last two games after the bye so far there definitely haven't been as many instances of TH trying to make throws he struggles with as before the bye. He seems to be taking more of what the defense gives him and is thriving with more of the short and intermediate game. I'm guessing that's partially play design around his strengths and weaknesses and TH himself not trying to force throws he can't make.

Just now, mistertim said:

Over the last two games after the bye so far there definitely haven't been as many instances of TH trying to make throws he struggles with as before the bye. He seems to be taking more of what the defense gives him and is thriving with more of the short and intermediate game. I'm guessing that's partially play design around his strengths and weaknesses and TH himself not trying to force throws he can't make.

Agreed. It helps that the running game for the most part has been pretty effective and the defense isn’t crapping the bed forcing him to have to stretch the field.