Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Carolina: You Cam Go Home Again

TK

1 hour ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Happy we got the win.

Jammin Davis really looks ineffective to my untrained eye. Its like we have 10 guys on defense when he's out there. Two solo tackles and an assisted tackle. Meh.

That pick looks more glaring each game sadly.  That pick could have been used to find a sure fill need.  Instead we reached.  

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

some good stuff from nfl total access this a.m., i think it was kim jones leading the reporting (i was multi tasking) so am not sure

btu she was outside the locker room and said (or was talking to some team member who said it) that she had never heard such a "rambunctious" and celebratory (can't remember for sure the other adjectives she used but they were products of a fine vocabulary lol) atmosphere outside the locker room, even compared to after the tb game last week

inside the team was celebrating ron in particular and making a very big deal out of this win being for him because of the panthers firing him etc yada yada no ifs, and or buts in the teams mind...she said th had a big smirk on his face while saying just that and he emphasized "despite all the 'official' talk otherwise".....that's where the player's heads were at along with the regular motivations

she also noted this was pretty predictable since--and i didn't realize this--31 of our current personnel (i'm sure this refers to players plus staff) came from the panthers

they were joyous in that locker room....absolutely joyous :) 

Holy ****balls, that’s a lot of ex-Carolina folks

21 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Highest possible QBR is 158.3.  You’d be surprised to see how many QB’s are over 100.

Quite a yes, but not many of those have been around here the last 20+ years.

21 hours ago, clietas said:

Heinicke is having a similar season passing as Justin Herbert. Many around the league seem to be fawning over Justin. 🤔 

Great point. TH has been more even than Herbert, though.

He needs to file those sharp points before the League starts taking him seriously. 

21 hours ago, clietas said:

Heinicke is having a similar season passing as Justin Herbert. Many around the league seem to be fawning over Justin. 🤔 

If Heinicke was Steven Montez everyone would be saying we've found our guy. What TH has done over the past 2 weeks has been awesome, we should all just enjoy this kid because he is doing remarkable things in his 1st year as a starter....or backup!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Why do people hate Jamin so much? He is a rookie playing the second hardest position in football.  In all honesty, he has made more impactful plays this year than Chase.  

Its not hate. Criticizing a player isn't hating. Davis has made little to no impact and hasn't really seemed to be progressing. Truth to be told we needed to get a veteran MLB and let Davis play OLB where he can just roam free and make plays. He's being asked to read/react/diagnose too much and he's just super slow to the play everytime.

He looks more like a late 2nd or 3rd round pick, not a guy taken top 20 overall.

Imagine if we had taken Rondale Moore who has been making plays all year for Arizona.

Edited by Warhead36

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not hate. Criticizing a player isn't hating. Davis has made little to no impact and hasn't really seemed to be progressing. Truth to be told we needed to get a veteran MLB and let Davis play OLB where he can just roam free and make plays. He's being asked to read/react/diagnose too much and he's just super slow to the play everytime.

He looks more like a late 2nd or 3rd round pick, not a guy taken top 20 overall.

Imagine if we had taken Rondale Moore who has been making plays all year for Arizona.

John Keim said something interesting this morning on The Junkies.  He said with the way they've been playing him, Davis is being tasked with some gap responsibility (taking double teams/blockers away from other guys) so he isn't always going to get the stats.  However, he has given other guys the ability to get pressure.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Before we go too hard on Davis, I think about the Steelers history with LB's and how lots of times their best guys hardly saw the field in year one. Davis will be much better next season and hopefully the 2nd half of this season. I am not gonna rip Davis just yet, sometimes when it clicks the sky's the limit.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Cam   With all of his sideline antics before and during the game, you would have thought he was Tom Brady.  He should have shown a little more humility.  He must have forgotten that he got cut for a rookie quarterback and no NFL team picked him up for 8 weeks despite some very bad quarterback play in the NFL.  And the stupid TV coverage could not keep the camera off of him for gods sake.  They showed him on the sidelines more in the first half than they did the game.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, glongest said:

Cam   With all of his sideline antics before and during the game, you would have thought he was Tom Brady.  He should have shown a little more humility.  He must have forgotten that he got cut for a rookie quarterback and no NFL team picked him up for 8 weeks despite some very bad quarterback play in the NFL.  And the stupid TV coverage could not keep the camera off of him for gods sake.  They showed him on the sidelines more in the first half than they did the game.   

Yep, and every time he got a 1st down he had to play it up for the crowd and cameras. Act like you've done it before and be a pro. Cam can still play but he reminded me of why I never cared for him in Carolina. And he's a guy who I endorsed going after this past offseason. Give me TH over Cam.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Before we go too hard on Davis, I think about the Steelers history with LB's and how lots of times their best guys hardly saw the field in year one. Davis will be much better next season and hopefully the 2nd half of this season. I am not gonna rip Davis just yet, sometimes when it clicks the sky's the limit.

Yeah LBs tend to take time, especially ones with little college experience ala Jamin Davis.   On 106.7 Grant and Danny are somewhat relentless suggesting Jamin is a bust.  It's odd to me.  But I found it ironic that they had some draft geek on a couple of weeks ago, if I recall it was Jordan Reid who unsolicited told them in an interview that LBs tend to be slow burners in season 1, citing a bunch of cases, and said typically they will come on stronger the 2nd half of their rookie season. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah LBs tend to take time, especially ones with little college experience ala Jamin Davis.   On 106.7 Grant and Danny are somewhat relentless suggesting Jamin is a bust.  It's odd to me.  But I found it ironic that they had some draft geek on a couple of weeks ago, if I recall it was Jordan Reid who unsolicited told them in an interview that LBs tend to be slow burners in season 1, citing a bunch of cases, and said typically they will come on stronger the 2nd half of their rookie season. 

What Flowers did there was damn near criminal!  I wish the in-game t.v. footage would show more of these plays highlighting the o line. That clip brought a smile to my face! Loved the comment from the Giants fan that watching Flowers on that play made him sick to his stomach.  lol  

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Davis has had a tough learning curve but has come on lately. Once he overcomes the hesitancy in his game he's going to be good. You can see the speed and strength he has, its just a matter of him getting comfortable.