Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

There is zero ****ing chance we go into the season not expecting the #2 pick to start over Mariota. 0%

Don't let him lie to you lol 

Okay?! I never said we would do that. I also didn't take what he said that way.  Just that they do not look for a plug and play solution that delivers results right away. But that they have time to develop their QB and are looking for the highest ROI.

“The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.”
 Garry Kasparov

This one guy said we might trade the pic for Rogers... seems legit 😑

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Giants, Vikings, etc. are in on it too

Makes me wonder how it'd feel if you were Maye, ended up going to the Giants, and then it comes out over time that, yeah, they did everything they could think of to tank your stock so they could draft you.

If that happened to you, would you...

1. Laugh it off and be flattered.
  2. Quickly realize that this immediately cost you $6 million and vow to get every penny back on your next deal, plus interest.
  3. Drag your new team on social media and act like the spiritual offspring of Johnny Manziel and Jaime Tartt, reality show and all.
  4. Not bother responding to silly questions on a sports message board in the first place.
2 hours ago, redskinss said:

The answer was vague and pointless as it should be and that's all you're gonna get from a good front office in our situation. 

I believe that they're still undecided though.  No sense having your minds made up when there's still plenty of opportunities to learn more.  Seems similar to how they landed Quinn (unless you buy the narrative that they screwed the whole thing up and settled).  Chose their candidates and went through a thorough process, not worrying too much about time and options coming off the board cuz those guys clearly didn't want this job anyway.  Good way to get the right coach, might work for QB, too.

Not buying the JJ at 2 stuff.

After looking over JJ McKs page on that mock draft site I posted on pg 2019...

Scanning hundreds of the most recent mocks, 2 have us taking him. 2 have him going #1.

Mocks are not the end all be all of course, but there is just nowhere near the buzz necessary to see us taking him at 2 as even a remotely possible option

His odds are about the same as us taking Caleb.

He's got a long way to go before I believe any of the smoke.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is reminiscent of the smoke that the 9ers were considering Mac Jones at 3 after they traded up.  I love the strategy, keep everyone guessing and have conversations with everyone to see what trade packages are offered.  I hope they stay at 2 and take their best QB, but it's good to gather Intel and explore every avenue when we are in our current position.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Not buying the JJ at 2 stuff.

After looking over JJ McKs page on that mock draft site I posted on pg 2019...

Scanning hundreds of the most recent mocks, 2 have us taking him. 2 have him going #1.

Mocks are not the end all be all of course, but there is just nowhere near the buzz necessary to see us taking him at 2 as even a remotely possible option

His odds are about the same as us taking Caleb.

He's got a long way to go before I believe any of the smoke.

Looking at where he is going in online mock drafts is like relying on the groundhog to signal when the weather will start getting warmer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Looking at where he is going in online mock drafts is like relying on the groundhog to signal when the weather will start getting warmer.

Depends on how u use them.

When you pick at the tippy top of the draft its a nice buzz indicator.

Further down, not so much.

Caleb is #1 in 99% of drafts. I'd put a megaton of faith on that. Less and less as the list goes on.

There is enough information there to tell me the majority of the planet don't feel like JJ at 2 is remotely likely.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

If he does pick McCarthy at 2 god help him if he is wrong. He will never live it down. 

How demoralizing would that be.  Ugh.  Just when we have hope, we botch a seemingly loaded QB draft at #2 overall.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/4nroykNoXV3QQ/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952j8byhq44cqgcwy2hnb4zo7azfzcr9xfkr5r1tn6z&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

If this team drafts JJ at number 2…I don’t know even know if my brain could comprehend that. I thought we actually had smart people in the front office this time around. 

Almost as absurd as drafting Daniels at 2. 

Maye is a lock if we stay at 2 and we aren’t moving down. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I was going to use the laugh emoji but the thought has crossed my mind.  Bottom line, only Peters and Co. know and maybe only Peters when it's down to the wire.  :) By the way, we have pretty much solidified to some extent the interior of the OL.  Your thoughts on using #36 on LT Morgan and #40 on RT Rosengarten if Peters made those selections?

I am good with that. I need to eatch more Rosengarten love his messurables but didnt love the tape the same but need to watch more. RIght now Id prefer Paul over him 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:56 PM, Conn said:

Even the most optimistic people understand this, it’s the case with 99.8% of even blue chip QB prospects. Even the best of the best blue chip prospects in the modern era, people had concerns. People had concerns with Luck. They certainly did with Lawrence and Burrow. They did with Stafford, with Bradford before all these guys. They currently do with Caleb Williams. There is no such thing as a guaranteed home run, no such thing as a prospect without problems or flaws in their game. 

We are extremely lucky to be drafting where we are, in the QB crop we are, despite all that. It’s the best we could ever reasonably hope for, you do not get access to better QB prospects than this almost ever. For people to be actually afraid to take a guy, for example, like Maye—and nitpicking for any flaw imaginable and using it as a reason to want to trade down, or out, or whatever because they’re waiting for the perfect prospect—it’s incredibly shortsighted and greedy. You aren’t drafting at #1 overall probably ever (and there isn’t usually a “perfect” prospect there either) and you aren’t doing better than this with prospects available at #2 overall. 

It’s okay to be hopeful and satisfied with our choices. We’re extremely lucky to have them. Other fanbases are desperately concocting scenarios where they could trade their franchise’s entire future to come up and have the rare fortune of being able to draft one of the dudes that picky people here are holding their nose about—and we get to do it from our natural spot at 2. That’s nearly a miracle, to have that happen at the same time we turnover everything else about the franchise. 

Luck and Mannings were can’t miss along with Burrow when healthy 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So we got three differrnt narratives ftom insiders saying their intel is Peters wants Maye, another saying Daniels and another saying McCarthy 

Obviously we have an unstoppable plan to take all three and have the most elite QB room in the league! Rest of the league = failures! 

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Jumbo said:

Obviously we have an unstoppable plan to take all three and have the most elite QB room in the league! Rest of the league = failures! 

No one knows anything about the draft.

Also could have put a period after “no one knows anything” and this statement would be equally correct.

Also: people stroking out about the possibility that we take JJ over Drake or Daniels: Chances are better than all three bust vs. any of them hitting big. Relax. 

We’ll see.

None of them are untalented. They all can thrive in the right situations and with support. 

We’ll be okay. Even if it’s not your favorite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

I was listening to G&D and they had someone on today that was talking about the Pelissaro news.  Namely, that Jim Harbaugh is hoping like hell that either Daniels or Maye slip to #5 so he can trade back and get a haul so he's really pumping JJ.  The guest (Kedric Gohlston maybe?) said that if Harbaugh really thought JJ McCarthy was such a stud, why didn't he use him like that then.  They relied so much on their defense and the RBs to grind out the games that McCarthy was asked to do very little, but wouldn't Harbaugh want to use those supposed skills and talents (ala Andrew Luck) if he really thought they were there?  I thought that was a really interesting take and likely the best analysis I've heard on the situation since it grew legs.  

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I always find it hilarious that Maye detractors literally never respond to any of your posts that bring up all of this type of stuff.

Lol…

They're all gone; you guys have successfully squeezed out most of the opposing views, and it's now a full-on Maye love fest around here these days. 

Im good with either.  

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Lol…

They're all gone; you guys have successfully squeezed out most of the opposing views, and it's now a full-on Maye love fest around here these days. 

Im good with either.  

I'm not trying to "squeeze" anyone out. I'm just always curious if people will even RESPOND to the stuff that SiP posts about Maye and the stats about things like big time throws, throws into tight windows, throws to the middle in the 2nd level and how Maye is by far tops in all of them. You know, all those things that are super important in the NFL passing game.

And I'm not sure how you can say that about a "Maye love fest". There are still plenty of people in here who are all about Daniels or McCarthy and are quite vocal about it.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

Peters is playing the long game. He wants division rival Giants to burn their future on a "meh" prospect like McCarthy. They'll be thinking in their FO: "Man, if Peters really likes him, he must be really good!"

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

“The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.”
 Garry Kasparov

This one guy said we might trade the pic for Rogers... seems legit 😑

Powerful quote, sir.

And more true and evident today, than when Kasparov first said it.