Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Looks like we aren't necessarily aiming for the most ready guy but the one who gives us the best chances long-term.

There is zero ****ing chance we go into the season not expecting the #2 pick to start over Mariota. 0%

Don't let him lie to you lol 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So we got three differrnt narratives ftom insiders saying their intel is Peters wants Maye, another saying Daniels and another saying McCarthy 

If he does pick McCarthy at 2 god help him if he is wrong. He will never live it down. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm starting to think that it's becoming more likely that our next qb's name will begin with the letter "J".

Joe Milton?

Jordan Travis??

John Rhys Plumlee???

Jeremy Moussa????

Stop teasing us! Spill the tea! 

• Haha 2

Oh boy someone in the NFL media speculated about what Adam Peters likes based on 3rd parties who probably have their own agenda!

Guess it's six four more weeks of winter stupid draft speculation.

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

I'm extremely open to options including drafting Maye or Daniels at two, or trading down to get one of the LTs and a **** ton of other pics and waiting a year at QB.

I do not want JJ McCarthy, especially at #2.  I think he's getting a lot of credit for being the QB of the best overall team, but he's not in the same class as the top 3 guys.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If he does pick McCarthy at 2 god help him if he is wrong. He will never live it down. 

He can't allow such thoughts to creep into his decision making.

They've got to go with what they believe, and if they're wrong (which frankly the odds say they will be because most rookie qbs fail) they have to just buckle down and keep trying.

We need to support them. This is no easy task.

It may take more courage and endurance from all of us than we expect before they succeed.

But we are made of stout stuff.

43 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The new regime, with general manager Adam Peters and head coach Dan Quinn, has remained tight-lipped about its intentions

This is starting to become a cautionary tale, I thought I would really like this if it ever became a reality but it's become excruciating waiting and not having a clue while the wild rumors fly endlessly. 

This offseason was supposed to be fun but it's been kind of painful and I can't wait to get to the end of it.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Jayden Daniels put up some big numbers in 2023, question would have to be, is that a true reflection of where his development is heading or was that year somewhat of an outlier.

JJ McCarthy is righty being scrutinised over his limited production, but aside from that spike in 2023 from Daniels, if you extrapolate McCarthys 2022 and 2023 production it compares very well aside both Daniels and Maye.

Then factor in he played all of last season aged 20, and will play his full rookie regular season still aged 21, then perhaps more thought should be given to where his ceiling might actually be. 

I’m intrigued to see if either Daniels or Maye blow people away this week. At this rate McCarthy is on fast track to be QB2 in this draft. There is equal substance to the chatter he is now getting alongside the other 2 QBs listed behind Williams.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This is starting to become a cautionary tale, I thought I would really like this if it ever became a reality but it's become excruciating waiting and not having a clue while the wild rumors fly endlessly. 

This offseason was supposed to be fun but it's been kind of painful and I can't wait to get to the end of it.

"We stand alone, together."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

He can't allow such thoughts to creep into his decision making.

They've got to go with what they believe, and if they're wrong (which frankly the odds say they will be because most rookie qbs fail) they have to just buckle down and keep trying.

We need to support them. This is no easy task.

It may take more courage and endurance from all of us than we expect before they succeed.

But we are made of stout stuff.

I said the same things about Rivera when he drafted davis over darrisaw, then Dotson over olave and then forbes over gonzalez. 

I'm less trustworthy now and will be more likely to grab a torch with the rest of the mob than stuff my head in the sand and hope for the best if we take mcarthy at 2.

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I said the same things about Rivera when he drafted davis over darrisaw, then Dotson over olave and then forbes over gonzalez. 

I'm less trustworthy now and will be more likely to grab a torch with the rest of the mob than stuff my head in the sand and hope for the best if we take mcarthy at 2.

I understand your pain and frustration.

I have no logical reason to say this, but I choose to believe that this time things will be different.

Perhaps I'm just being naive and my hopes will once again end up as dead and lifeless as last year's Christmas tree in the April sun.

But today I choose to live in a state of hopefulness no matter who our team picks as their quarterback.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

https://heavy.com/sports/washington-commanders/kliff-kingsbury-draft-rumors-drake-maye/

More disgusting Drake love...

Kliff Kingsbury’s Influence Will Let Commanders Draft ‘Run and Gun’ QB

The Washington Commanders only need to follow Kliff Kingsbury’s influence and select Drake Maye in the 2024 NFL draft. Maye is the ideal passer to pick second overall, thanks to his familiarity with offensive coordinator Kingsbury’s “Air Raid” scheme.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The more i read the more i think it will be Bo Nix

If the return we get is worthy of the trade back, I’d be all for it. I like Nix a lot, he is great on the move and has a bit of Houdini in him. He is also very accurate. I’m in the camp of I’ll be happy with whoever they choose. I’ve got hope that we finally have the right people in place.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The more i read the more i think it will be Bo Nix

I was going to use the laugh emoji but the thought has crossed my mind.  Bottom line, only Peters and Co. know and maybe only Peters when it's down to the wire.  :) By the way, we have pretty much solidified to some extent the interior of the OL.  Your thoughts on using #36 on LT Morgan and #40 on RT Rosengarten if Peters made those selections?

13 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

If the return we get is worthy of the trade back, I’d be all for it. I like Nix a lot, he is great on the move and has a bit of Houdini in him. He is also very accurate. I’m in the camp of I’ll be happy with whoever they choose. I’ve got hope that we finally have the right people in place.

I am good with Maye and just behind him Daniels and a peg behind the two McCarthy but going to Nix is the one bridge too far for me.

I think almost zero chance it happens though. I am relatively higher on Nix than most but IMO his ceiling is 2 pegs lower than the top QBs. He IMHO is Alex Smith as best case scenario 

• Like 1