• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

The last thing I want to see is him lose the locker room because some fans want a higher draft pick we can't use on a QB anyway.  Suck for who, yo?

I am not rooting for loses at this point. And I recall you hate the idea in general.  But to answer your question for who, IMO :ols:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

He's small and has a history of injury. If he gets hurt we are absolutely screwed.

Who cares. Win games. It’s an old way of thinking, QBs are much better at keeping themselves healthy on designed runs. This idea of preserving him never made sense to me, but that’s me. Dislike seeing a dude not using all his powers, especially one with his history and skillset. 

He will lock in more money in the future though. 

Edited by wit33

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not rooting for loses at this point. And I recall you hate the idea in general.  But to answer your question for who, IMO :ols:

Corral is what I think you'd have if you took Heinicke, made him a bit taller, and gave him Kyler Murray's arm. Not a top 5 NFL arm, but probably top 10.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Corral is what I think you'd have if you took Heinicke, made him a bit taller, and gave him Kyler Murray's arm. Not a top 5 NFL arm, but probably top 10.

Yeah that's been my mantra for some time including me saying it for weeks on the Heinicke thread.  I thought I'd get some Heinicke Hive converts for Corral but nothing yet.  :ols:

Corral can make off platform throws and is fun to watch on that front.   He plays with a ton of never say die moxie.  He's a baller.   But he has the two attributes that Heinicke IMO is lacking -- arm strength and accuracy.   Heinicke is fast but I think Corral is faster.   I won't say that with assurance though until the combine.  Heinicke can move but Corral is certainly more of a threat as runner. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

No, you don’t bench him.  Who’s better?….fitz?  Perhaps but not gonna stay clean enough.  Allen?….he’s 4 lite.  We ride it out…4s our backup.  We know that now.  Off-season we’ll sign a stop gap and draft qb for the future who won’t be pushed to start

6 hours ago, samy316 said:

Who the **** cares at this point?  We’re 2-4, have no chance to win the division, and forget about a wild card spot.  We’re not a playoff team, not a good team, and we’re fast approaching being a terrible team again.  If we’re not going to win a sorry ass division such as the NFC Least, I want to get a top 5 or top 3 pick, and finally get a franchise QB.  We’re just twisting in the wind of irrelevancy until this is solved.

I’m convinced now that the only way we’ll ever be a good team, or even a relevant team under Snyder, is to get a franchise QB once and for all.  You saw the difference today between what having a franchise QB looks like with the Chiefs, and not having one looks like with us.  The Chiefs have as bad a defense as we do, are turning the ball a lot more this year than normal and couldn’t stop anyone before playing us today.  The difference being that with a Franchise QB, you’ll always have a chance to win, and score 30+.  When’s the last time you’ve seen a team turn the ball over 3 times, and still score 30+ and win by 3 possessions?

You can't get a franchise QB with a ****ty owner.   

3 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

He will be a great QB. You watch.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Log off, Pack, you're drunk.

I know I'm a Dallas fan, but I do try to avoid as much bias as I can when I discuss WFT players here.  I like TH.  Romo is my favorite player of all time, and I see parts of TH's game that remind me of Romo.  He has a bit of Houdini in him, where when everything goes wrong, he finds a way to extend the play.  

I am a fairly casual fan, mostly watching highlights, but I don't think TH is a starting caliber player.  I have no idea about Fitz's health, but if he gets healthy, I think he might be the better option.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't necessarily have any issues with keeping him in, but why is it that people so often point to the supporting cast as the problem with Heinicke?

Isn't it possible that it's Heinicke and his limitations that are part of the problem as well?

Our OL has been well graded every week after the first one. Yes we've definitely lost guys and are running thin when it comes to pass catchers, but it's not like we have nobody there. Plus, few QBs get to have a guy with legit top 5 superstar skill like Terry to throw to.

I would say our OL has been adequate.  But the skill position players are hurting: Thomas and Samuel out, and Gibson has been obviously hurting.  Terry has been battling a hammy, don't know how much that is holding him back.  His weapons outside of Terry are humphries, brown, seals-jones, and mckissic.  That's pretty unspectacular.  Terry is great, but they also force it to him when he is blanketed.  If we had some other decent options, I think targets would naturally go away from Terry, but we still try.to force it to him instead.  It's probably just a combination of everything: weak/injured supporting cast, play calling, lack of a strength to make all the throws and stretch a defense, etc.  But I think the weakness of the supporting cast is a significant factor, even though we have a stud in Terry. We just have nothing else right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

We should start the tank for Corral thread now!

They can lose the next eleven games without having to employ a tanking strategy.  They are that bad.  Looking at how bad the QBs, LBs, and DBs have played so far this year, I'd say the tanking strategy began this past offseason.

7 hours ago, zskins said:

You think Allen is going to come in and get us 11 wins in a row and take us to the playoffs? 

Why would you even imply that was what that poster was claiming?  

I agree Turner has cut out much of his offense given Heinke's limitations.  We all knew Fitz was not the long term, or even short term, answer.   So why not get behnd TH and see if that playoff game was the real guy?  As most of us suspected he is not.  

And that means Kirk Cousins is still the best QB this team has had in decades.  BAM!

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah that's been my mantra for some time including me saying it for weeks on the Heinicke thread.  I thought I'd get some Heinicke Hive converts for Corral but nothing yet.  :ols:

Corral can make off platform throws and is fun to watch on that front.   He plays with a ton of never say die moxie.  He's a baller.   But he has the two attributes that Heinicke IMO is lacking -- arm strength and accuracy.   Heinicke is fast but I think Corral is faster.   I won't say that with assurance though until the combine.  Heinicke can move but Corral is certainly more of a threat as runner. 

We've had this discussion off and on for years now and while i'm still not in the camp where we need to draft the top tier first round QB or even a first round QB, I do think that a majority of the problems of this team come from the QB position and for that reason I will say that I like the fact that in the post Kirk era, we've seen a number of guys get shots at QB with Taylor looking the best. I may actually join the Corral camp though because while I haven't watched him play I have read about him (mostly from you and a few scoutingreports) I like. I will say that more than anything else, going into 2020 I wanted to know if Haskins was the man (and he showed he wasn't). After that I wanted to give Allen a chance and he took it (I still think he did well but not great). Then Heinicke came in and looked better than Allen, Haskins and Smith. So I didn't really have a problem with them coming in with Heinicke as the starter for the year. I honestly wish they had drafted a Trask, Mond, Mills, Book or even Ehlinger as a potential camp arm or guy to challenge Allen and Heinicke (instead of Fitz). I know right now the talk is about Cam Newton coming back but to me thats the old way of doing it. I'd rather give Newman a shot but I can understand sitting this one out. 

I'm not a fan of losing either but honestly the calming effect of seeing these games is knowing that we are getting a higher draft pick and the need for a QB is becoming more obvious. 

I voted to let him play. But if they're just gonna call plays that have him sit in the pocket, they might as well try someone else. He's not good at it and this is 2 weeks in a row they've really not even tried to move the pocket. Team (on both sides of the ball) spend lots of time trying to pound round pegs in square holes it seems. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Nerm said:

I know I'm a Dallas fan, but I do try to avoid as much bias as I can when I discuss WFT players here.  I like TH.  Romo is my favorite player of all time, and I see parts of TH's game that remind me of Romo.  He has a bit of Houdini in him, where when everything goes wrong, he finds a way to extend the play.  

I am a fairly casual fan, mostly watching highlights, but I don't think TH is a starting caliber player.  I have no idea about Fitz's health, but if he gets healthy, I think he might be the better option.

He has Romo's mobility and escapability but doesn't have the arm. Romo could sling it.

• Like 2

I like Heinicke but this is what I feared when he got extended playing time. Defenses have adjusted to his strengths and are exploiting his weaknesses. He simply doesn’t have the arm to make NFL caliber intermediate passes. Significantly limits what Scott Turner is able to call and makes us a predictable offense with dunk and dunk passes. He’s dialed up a few shots too (Heinicke has been ok at floating a deep pass) but the last few games he’s been missing those badly too. 

I feel as if we have had a dink and dunk offense, with a few exceptions,  in Washington since Mark Brunell.  I get that this is how the game has evolved in both the NFL and college, and to me that's boring as Hell.  But we have had an unusual number of QBs and OCs where this was their MO and I'm getting sick and tired of it.    

• Thanks 1