Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jack Del Rio: Another Bust In The Making.

skins island connection

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Young's conditioning seems poor. He's constantly taking himself out of the game. And in the 4th quarter he seems winded.

Sweat I have no idea. I think he read too much into his press clippings. He's nowhere close to an elite DE. I'd happily include him in any package for a franchise QB and not blink an eye.

agree with this. His conditioning doesn’t seem to be there at all. Don’t think he worked hard this off-season. 

1 minute ago, wrecker said:

Kind of missing old Ryan Kerrigan right now ey?

You know, someone who plays with heart?

Kerrigan is probably a better pass rusher than Young/Sweat right now. He at least has moves. At the very least you could never block him with a TE 1 on 1.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is so ****ing stupid. He's been a top 10 DC for what? 20 Years? 

And Chris Harris gets talk as a hot HC candidate.

Sure, all of a sudden one of the best DCs in the league somehow forgot? No. He doesn't run a unique system that got figured out like Buddy Ryan. 

Congrats.  You're on an epic streak of being wr-wr-wrong tonight.

• Like 1

Sweat has looked better than Chase. Chase looks bigger, more like weight than muscle. I sometimes do the woulda, coulda game when I think of players like Derwin James or Michah Parsons, but then I settle myself down and come to the realization they would just end up sucking here anyways.

It's not the players or coaches, until we leave MD and Snyder's sells we'll lose. Karma is a you know what and he will never deserve to have a winning organization.  Every player coach always seems to do better when they leave this organization.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dyst said:

Sweat has looked better than Chase. Chase looks bigger, more like weight than muscle. I sometimes do the woulda, coulda game when I think of players like Derwin James or Michah Parsons, but then I settle myself down and come to the realization they would just end up sucking here anyways.

Parsons was picked like six spots before us. We were never going to get him.

• Like 1

I'm not ready to can Del Rio based on the terrible play of so many players that you can't scheme around. 

Hes had really good success in other places, like Denver, i remember in 2006 our defense dropped off following a playoff year because of too much tinkering, it happens.  

We need to jus be honest with ourselves in what positions really need upgrading, lack our wounds, and go handle that this offseason.  Until Davis sees the field more, expect our linebackers to get abused, I dont know if there's a scheme to stop that.

The defense is based on pressure from its front four.  That needs to happen again or the whole thing looks like it does.

Went into this game thinking there was just absolutely no way this team can consistently be this bad on third down and third and long. Something had to give. 

First drive, 3rd and 15 and I just knew they were going to convert. I seriously cannot even remember the last 3rd and very long our offense has converted and teams do it to us multiple times a game. 

which leads to the third opening drive TD for the opposition in all 3 games this year. Just extremely deflating. Teams know exactly what to do to this defense and we can’t stop it.

Edited by Indi1988

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’m kinda tired of all the blame going to the coaches and the overrated/overhyped players get to hide and skirt by.

It was made abundantly clear this summer that skipping OTAs was how champions were made. Record setting sacks to follow they said. "Wait and see" they told me

• Thumb up 1

I don’t know what it is but I have this feeling in my gut that if Jack and all these players were on a different team somewhere else they would be balling and we would be jealous.  

i think this team is just destined to suck.  Every year.  They fill a needed role of the loser and we are their fans.  It’s just the way things are.  Every year.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is so ****ing stupid. He's been a top 10 DC for what? 20 Years? 

And Chris Harris gets talk as a hot HC candidate.

Sure, all of a sudden one of the best DCs in the league somehow forgot? No. He doesn't run a unique system that got figured out like Buddy Ryan. 

The Chris Harris thing does give me pause;  it could be the CBs are put out of position due to DelTaco's call, but as much as the CBs have been giving chase thus far i'd like to believe that Harris would alter them a little, maybe tell them to creep up a little, but they're getting schooled out there and coaches/assistants get the dirty finger...

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not ready to can Del Rio based on the terrible play of so many players that you can't scheme around. 

Hes had really good success in other places, like Denver, i remember in 2006 our defense dropped off following a playoff year because of too much tinkering, it happens.  

We need to jus be honest with ourselves in what positions really need upgrading, lack our wounds, and go handle that this offseason.  Until Davis sees the field more, expect our linebackers to get abused, I dont know if there's a scheme to stop that.

The defense is based on pressure from its front four.  That needs to happen again or the whole thing looks like it does.

didn't the Broncos go from 4th to 22nd in defense under DelTaco?

This is M.O. : first year or inheriting a good defense then 2nd year making the Hindenburg look like a spark.

Edited by skins island connection
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

didn't the Broncos go from 4th to 22nd in defense under DelTaco?

Something like that. The idea was that he was one of those guys who is good at coordinating but doing that AND head coaching is too much so he failed. And that in this situation he wouldn’t. Well….

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

The Chris Harris thing does give me pause;  it could be the CBs are put out of position due to DelTaco's call, but as much as the CBs have been giving chase thus far i'd like to believe that Harris would alter them a little, maybe tell them to creep up a little, but they're getting schooled out there and coaches/assistants get the dirty finger...

It says a lot when opposing defenses are targeting specific players. If it’s just open guys all over that’s one thing but every pass play is on Fuller, St Juste and Cole. Now Juice I can understand as a rookie, but neither Fuller nor Cole should be starting right now and we’re there anyone more capable on the roster they’d be in. Problem is, who else do they have beyond Fuller? Mctyer?