Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jack Del Rio: Another Bust In The Making.

skins island connection

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Kerrigan is probably a better pass rusher than Young/Sweat right now. He at least has moves. At the very least you could never block him with a Kicker 1 on 1.

Fixed it for you!

now

You'll never unsee this once you see it... but JDR looks like

8701ae131207c52e77007b104430e1e4.jpg

Edited by petey hodge
  • Haha 1

They didn't attack the linebacking aggressive enough in the off season.  It should had been a huge priority.  We only drafted one.  Should have at least drafted two.   And replaced Bostic.  The guy I really wanted was Milano.  But, he resigned with Buffalo.  That is killing us now.   Plus, this year we are playing Grade A Quarterbacks.  Last year we got by playing a washed up Roethlisberger.   No Dak.   Burrow for a quarter and half.  A benched Hurts.  Mullens for San Fran.  So we looked better than what we were.  The only reason we showed in the playoff game was as result of Taylor's performance.  That was on Taylor.   We looking like were getting way out coached.  Atlanta game will tell a lot. 

Edited by Newera
  • Like 2

I wonder if the players have DelTaco's back or do they just don't like him? 

Rivera can't be happy with the product he's putting on the field, but it is bad and he needs to step in and either make changes to the scheme or players or he will be in the crosshairs just like DelTaco.

I'm still in disbelief at how inept this defense is, and if things don't improve the boos at FedEx Field will be overbearing.

8 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

I don’t know what it is but I have this feeling in my gut that if Jack and all these players were on a different team somewhere else they would be balling and we would be jealous.  

i think this team is just destined to suck.  Every year.  They fill a needed role of the loser and we are their fans.  It’s just the way things are.  Every year.  

Yep, this is probably the real reason. Its not the coaching or the players. It’s just the franchise itself. Doesn’t matter what we do. A breakthrough may happen one year and we’ll experience sustained success but as it stands now we’re just a perennial loser.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

The LB's have always been a HUGE weak spot on this team... but anyone who gives the Offense a pass is sorely off. This is ultimately Rivera's show.

Exactly. WFT fans should know by now to not blame just one unit. The D has been overhype and overrated and has been by far the biggest disappointment. But the offense has been bad too and they shouldn’t get a pass and neither should Rivera and Del Rio. 

• Like 1

It's been discussed before... I'd like to see packages where Landon Collins moves up to a strong-side linebacker slot.  His obvious strength has been run support from safety. Take advantage of that. Sell it to him as a dime package instead of a position move, or call it a monster back position, whatever to soothe his ego.  He can drop into short zone coverage better than any of the LBs there now or run with the TE off the ball in man-to-man.

Maybe its too big of a move now with the season in full swing but damn, they have to do something to shake up that side of the ball.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, UK_HOG said:

It does not matter who the DC is when the opposing QB sees Collins, Bostic and Fuller lining up against them.  There is always going to be someone open in the middle of the field.

That's because Collins, Bostic and Fuller don't want to get killed in traffic!

That's well known that you shouldn't cruise in the middle behind the DL, you're gonna get killed there.

Our guys are just protecting themselves.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UK_HOG said:

It does not matter who the DC is when the opposing QB sees Collins, Bostic and Fuller lining up against them.  There is always going to be someone open in the middle of the field.

Seriously you're not going to scheme Bostic into covering anyone. My niece would beat him on an option route over the middle.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Exactly. WFT fans should know by now to not blame just one unit. The D has been overhype and overrated and has been by far the biggest disappointment. But the offense has been bad too and they shouldn’t get a pass and neither should Rivera and Del Rio. 

I can accept the offense's issues, TH having 4 starts { not making an excuse but it is what it is } but at least the offense looks like a functioning group.

But the defense is atrocious, and there's no excuse for being THIS bad. They look as if they're in week 15 and far out of playoff reach and are just going through the motions. 

This has DelTaco's stamp all over it; Rivera gets blame as well but ultimately its up to DelTaco to do something about the issues, even if its only in one aspect. He's seen whats transpiring on the field, he's watched game film { maybe he hasn't } and if some players are out of place or not up to par, thats what the terminology " coach " means. To teach, to guide, to strategize, to game plan, to adjust. He does NONE of that. All he does is stand on the sidelines with the expression of " did I leave my garage door open? "...

Honestly it's the 3rd down defense if you ask me.  It seems like they can make the stops on 1st and 2nd down, but every 3rd down it doesn't matter how long a pass the QB needs to make, it is always completed (unless someone on their offense makes a mistake like a drop).   3rd & Long should be where this defense shines given the fact of who is rushing the passer.  

We can scream at JDR for not blitzing and yes, eventually during the game he should probably be sending extra help at the QB, but honestly, with all the resources put into that D-line they should be getting by rushing 4 way more than they do.  All it should take is one guy to demand a double team and one of the other three should be beating their one on one match up.

I also thought with a revamped front office we were done with signing players because of what they did in a completely different system.  Stop doing that already.  Find the players who strengths match the kind of assignments they will be asked to do here.  It's like every FA we sign becomes a 2-3 season project of "can we mold them into a completely different player?"  STOP IT.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Pass rush isnt getting home as much. 

last year we played a bunch of backup QBs that made our D look better than it really is. 

Only way to salvage this season is to turn the offense loose and score 35+ per game cuz this D cant close a screen door in a hurricane. 

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

We can scream at JDR for not blitzing and yes, eventually during the game he should probably be sending extra help at the QB, but honestly, with all the resources put into that D-line they should be getting by rushing 4 way more than they do.  All it should take is one guy to demand a double team and one of the other three should be beating their one on one match up.

I’d be interested in knowing what the average time per throw from the three QBs we’ve gone up against. It’s almost as if they know pre-snap exactly who is going to be open as I rarely remember seeing any of them go through their reads before finding someone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’d be interested in knowing what the average time per throw from the three QBs we’ve gone up against. It’s almost as if they know pre-snap exactly who is going to be open as I rarely remember seeing any of them go through their reads before finding someone. 

It's more like them trying to know who will be covered, because almost everyone will be open. So that makes it easy for the opposing QB.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

They do know pre-snap who'll be open; the guy covered by Bostic, the guy covered by Holcomb and the guy covered by Fuller. The only choice they need to make is which open guy to throw it to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Chicken and egg situation. Poor passrush exposing the DBs or poor coverage not letting the Passrush get through?

Watching the first 3 games the number one culprit is the D Line. 

The staff need to figure out the right combination on 3rd and long. 

With all the guys running open in our D, the miscommunications, guys out of place in the back D, I would say it doesn't matter much what the DL is doing.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 7:52 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

I should be happy for Barber but that's just... so depressing lol. Players never seem to figure anything out here. 

He had 68 rushing yards in regulation.  Fumbled inside the 5 and couldn’t pick up 1 yard on back-to-back 3rd and 4th down runs setting up Miami’s second TD.  Pretty stat line in the box score, but not a great game…

…and Del Rio has been uninspiring.  Not a fan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

With all the guys running open in our D, the miscommunications, guys out of place in the back D, I would say it doesn't matter much what the DL is doing.

I gotta say, the DL hasn’t been great but it’s not hard to neutralize them with that awful secondary and LB group. Unless they’re able to just bulldoze their guys without stopping then it’s pretty easy to overcome them.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2021 at 8:29 PM, Warhead36 said:

Kerrigan is probably a better pass rusher than Young/Sweat right now. He at least has moves. At the very least you could never block him with a TE 1 on 1.

I mean, he's basically invisible in Philly right now.  Three games, no stat line.  And he's playing more snaps there than he was here last year.  Our guy is cooked.