Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jack Del Rio: Another Bust In The Making.

skins island connection

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was on record as stating that Kyle Smith had a better track record than the people who were chasing him out. I stand by that position, yet more talent we let out of the building.  

It’s hard to even judge Smith considering Jay’s stories of how our drafts went with Dan in the fold.  Multiple sources indicate that Smith was beside himself about having to take Haskins, for example.

• Like 1

The owners have to know the fans aren't happy about how the season is turning out.

The defense has been picked apart feather by feather, the scoreboard lights are changing so fast its causing seizures to some and the problem is glaring.

The thing that has me worried is this; if this season goes belly-up and they go into tank mode, some guys on the d-line are going to become frustrated and demand a trade; 

they'll want to go to a team that wins, and this line has so so much potential if used right so the owners/FO will have to make a move, and if Swampboat Ron wants to keep

his job he will have to cut ties with his buddies on defense, namely DelTaco. Maybe its time for RR to go as well, i'd much rather see a coach with a little fire

in his belly on the sidelines who can motivate and get creative when opportunities come...

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

The owners have to know the fans aren't happy about how the season is turning out.

The defense has been picked apart feather by feather, the scoreboard lights are changing so fast its causing seizures to some and the problem is glaring.

The thing that has me worried is this; if this season goes belly-up and they go into tank mode, some guys on the d-line are going to become frustrated and demand a trade; 

they'll want to go to a team that wins, and this line has so so much potential if used right so the owners/FO will have to make a move, and if Swampboat Ron wants to keep

his job he will have to cut ties with his buddies on defense, namely DelTaco. Maybe its time for RR to go as well, i'd much rather see a coach with a little fire

in his belly on the sidelines who can motivate and get creative when opportunities come...

Haven’t really seen any indication that anyone on the defense cares to the degree that they’d request a trade, they’ve never lived up to their group potential.  They’ve gotten very good at losing enough to be at best mediocre. Allen is the only guy it even seems to phase. The whole roster has to know that the new owner will make changes, anyways. I wouldn’t worry about having to trade any player on this roster, but I would worry even less about them demanding it. 

On 10/8/2023 at 1:56 PM, Conn said:

Haven’t really seen any indication that anyone on the defense cares to the degree that they’d request a trade, they’ve never lived up to their group potential.  They’ve gotten very good at losing enough to be at best mediocre. Allen is the only guy it even seems to phase. The whole roster has to know that the new owner will make changes, anyways. I wouldn’t worry about having to trade any player on this roster, but I would worry even less about them demanding it. 

They may not be saying it right now, but if the next couple games turn out the same way then I think there will be a little rumbling in-house that will be leaked.

And I wouldn't blame them either, but Del Taco hasn't got them flowing and its been time for him to be fired. Even IF they put together a good game plan and play great on defense and shut down the Falcons, it will only last a game or 2 then back to the same ol' same ol;...

56 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

They may not be saying it right now, but if the next couple games turn out the same way then I think there will be a little rumbling in-house that will be leaked.

And I wouldn't blame them either, but Del Taco hasn't got them flowing and its been time for him to be fired. Even IF they put together a good game plan and play great on defense and shut down the Falcons, it will only last a game or 2 then back to the same ol' same ol;...

Serious question—have we ever had a player request a trade here for any reason other than wanting a new contract? I can’t think of one (besides the Champ Bailey affair scandal of course). The guys who are getting paid have never had a problem being losers here—at least not enough to try to get traded to a good team. And the guys who want new contracts here this offseason don’t need to force a trade, they’re all FA’s essentially. I just don’t see it happening. Anyone here has been numbed to sucking, which is part of what needs to change. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, Conn said:

Serious question—have we ever had a player request a trade here for any reason other than wanting a new contract? I can’t think of one (besides the Champ Bailey affair scandal of course). The guys who are getting paid have never had a problem being losers here—at least not enough to try to get traded to a good team. And the guys who want new contracts here this offseason don’t need to force a trade, they’re all FA’s essentially. I just don’t see it happening. Anyone here has been numbed to sucking, which is part of what needs to change. 

I was under the impression that Trent Williams wanted out, but I could be wrong. I doubt he announced it to the public but he and his agent made comments afterwards, not directly at the team though.

But with these guys being paid good money, at some point they will get frustrated by losing and an in-house situation isn't a far-fetched notion. 

Honestly I think there are a number of players who would want to be elsewhere but not saying it out loud because of the situation it could cause, and if the losing continues its a good possibility...

15 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

If the only positive thing you can say about a guy is that you like the way he "prepares and competes"...that's not a guy should not be playing, Jack.

...really can't stand Mr. Dust-Up

I take it you didn't watch the presser. It was way more awkward than it reads in a tweet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:19 PM, Conn said:

My memory tells me that William Jackson asked to be traded after never being able to adjust to the scheme. He was used one way from where he came from (Cincy?) and asked to play a different way here. But my memory could be fuzzy on the details. Was he a Rivera FA?

3 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I take it you didn't watch the presser. It was way more awkward than it reads in a tweet.

Wow...you weren't joking. Dude really is an insufferable asshole.

He legit acted like he was straight-up offended by the mere suggestion that Cody Barton hasn't played up to the level you'd expect from a starting MLB.

Makes me wonder what it's like to play on this D and have this clown as your boss.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Well, I guess I’m going on record to say no, I do not think Canton will be making a bust of Jack Del Rio. Honestly, we should have known not to hire him in the first place. All you have to do is look at his history and in particular who mentored him.

Who mentored Jack 4 in the Box, 7 in coverage you ask? That’s right, The Albino Lovie Smith, John Fox. Just one look at a young John Fox would have told you, no! I do not want a guy that was the mentor to the guy we want to hire as defensive coordinator.

I mean, look at his goofy Dazed and Confused ass. We’re learning from Sean Payton right now that drug addicts do not make good coaches. Also, All Praise Drew Brees for He Had Risen!

image.jpeg

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, tomwvr said:

What has been proven is

most coaches are made by their qb look at bill and peyton. Sucked since they lost their hof qbs.

I've been preaching this { of course nobody listens  lol } forever; great players do not make great coaches, its the other way around.

Gibbs is the perfect example of a coach who knows what is best for a team and got his players to excel; 3 SB Championships without a repeating QB? Its unheard of.

But alas this is about Del Taco and his inabilities to properly run a defense with enough decent-to-good-to-great players at his disposal.

Everywhere the guy has been he turns fine wine into water, and its not a coincidence either. We know why he got the job; Rivera and his little 'posse' of yes men. The man 

has no skill at game planning against opponents, his schemes are handily picked up on and then used against him, and he has no idea what to do; i'm guessing

he just prays that the offense scores more points than his defenses are giving up and he can somehow hide behind the curtains and not be called out.

HELLO!!!  Everyone is mentioning Del Taco's name and not in a good way; he can't Forrest Gump his way to another season, he needs to be fired.

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

John Fox looks like he majored in waves and bong hits in college. 🤣 

image.png.35cfda6b5e6c70be012c4e7566c667a5.png

huh huh. Bro! Do you even football? Huh huh. Like, I totally saw one once man. It was like a brown alien ship was lofted into the sky. It has white lights and came down and hit the turf. Huh huh. Wild bro. I smoked said turf huh ha

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I've been preaching this { of course nobody listens  lol } forever; great players do not make great coaches, its the other way around.

Gibbs is the perfect example of a coach who knows what is best for a team and got his players to excel; 3 SB Championships without a repeating QB? Its unheard of.

But alas this is about Del Taco and his inabilities to properly run a defense with enough decent-to-good-to-great players at his disposal.

Everywhere the guy has been he turns fine wine into water, and its not a coincidence either. We know why he got the job; Rivera and his little 'posse' of yes men. The man 

has no skill at game planning against opponents, his schemes are handily picked up on and then used against him, and he has no idea what to do; i'm guessing

he just prays that the offense scores more points than his defenses are giving up and he can somehow hide behind the curtains and not be called out.

HELLO!!!  Everyone is mentioning Del Taco's name and not in a good way; he can't Forrest Gump his way to another season, he needs to be fired.

There was a reason nobody agreed with you.  Joe Gibbs was the aberration, his success was also last seen over 30 years ago. We saw when he returned that he could no longer make average QBs into Super Bowl QBs.  All you have to do is look at the current examples with Sean Payton and BB to see what happens when they no longer have a great QB.  There are countless more examples of that, there is only one example like Joe Gibbs and none in today's NFL.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

There was a reason nobody agreed with you.  Joe Gibbs was the aberration, his success was also last seen over 30 years ago. We saw when he returned that he could no longer make average QBs into Super Bowl QBs.  All you have to do is look at the current examples with Sean Payton and BB to see what happens when they no longer have a great QB.  There are countless more examples of that, there is only one example like Joe Gibbs and none in today's NFL.  

Pete Carroll seems to be having a lot of success with Geno Smith. Wilson is trash without Carroll.