Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

3 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Let us revisit this quote later 

I would love to be wrong. I think over any longer period than occasional spot starts Heinicke gets eaten alive. He doesn’t have the tools to succeed outside of some backyard football surprises when teams don’t prepare for him. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I would love to be wrong. I think over any longer period than occasional spot starts Heinicke gets eaten alive. He doesn’t have the tools to succeed outside of some backyard football surprises when teams don’t prepare for him. 

I agree. Better hope Fitz is healthy 

• Like 1

Just now, zskins said:

Herbert over Chase? Would that have been a better pick?

Obviously this is with the benefit of hindsight...but Herbert 100%. All day, every day.

And that's from someone who was absolutely on the draft Chase train from early on.

But an elite QB is literally about 5 times more valuable than an elite guy at any other position, including Edge.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think people forget that there ARE those of us who would rather be wrong and have the team be successful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Herbert over Chase? Would that have been a better pick?

Give me Chase all day long.

Folks are already throwing away Lock and Wentz was a word beater a few years ago.

Chase will give us a once every 15 year dominant baller on the line and... he might even be a Hall of Famer.   Chase all day long.

• Thumb down 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

It would have been.  Though no one had Herbert that highly ranked as CY.

This is such a moot point because it wasn't even the conversation at the time. It was Burrow vs Young (if we could trade up), it was Young vs Tua and it was others like myself saying should we lock in on Young or explore the field and potentially get somebody like the bust in Arizona on maybe a trade down. 

• Like 1