Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

Kind of don't mind having an unknown out there as QB for this game.  We haven't done much in the passing game for a bit and it may be something that allows us to switch things up a bit that the defense doesn't have much tape on.  

A lot of Cowboy fans in that highlight video seemed to like him and seemed as if he showed a lot. 🤷‍♂️

Honestly before covid ravaged the roster I wasn't overly concerned with this game because I thought the defense would be able to handle the Eagles O well enough to give our offense plenty of chances, but now I am thinking the offense is going to go 3 & Out (or worse) so much in the first half that the defense will be spent early and start giving up big plays they normally wouldn't. 

Hard to believe that a this team, with a losing record, manages to somehow still be in the thick of a playoff spot chase, with a messed up QB situation during the most important month of games TWO SEASONS IN A ROW.

Can Ron Rivera Year 3 at least please have a healthy roster for the final stretch of games. Sheesh.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Kind of don't mind having an unknown out there as QB for this game.  We haven't done much in the passing game for a bit and it may be something that allows us to switch things up a bit that the defense doesn't have much tape on.  

A lot of Cowboy fans in that highlight video seemed to like him and seemed as if he showed a lot. 🤷‍♂️

It's not just trotting out an unknown, it's trotting out an unknown that has no experience running our offense.  This is a catastrophe.

I've been vocal about how Taylor's arm talent limits our offense, but I'd take Taylor or Allen 100 times out of 100 for this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's not just trotting out an unknown, it's trotting out an unknown that has no experience running our offense.  This is a catastrophe.

I've been vocal about how Taylor's arm talent limits our offense, but I'd take Taylor or Allen 100 times out of 100 for this game.

Except that Garrett does know the offense/playbook from his time in Carolina.  Rivera on The Junkies this morning said he picked it right back up this week.  Believe the coach or not, sounded like he felt comfortable with him starting if TH or KA couldn't go and given the circumstances.

Edited by HigSkin

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Except that Garrett does know the offense/playbook from his time in Carolina.  Rivera on The Junkies this morning said he picked it right back up this week.  Believe the coach or not, sounded like he felt comfortable with him starting if TH or KA couldn't go and given the circumstances.

Here we go… queue the “Garrison of Garrett” after he lights it up tonight a la “Cult of Colt” “Hive of Heinicke” “Quarry of Quarterbacks”

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd rather have them both as well but just pointing out that our offense has been bad so I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense move a bit more than we've seen recently. 

He's also had more experience in this offense than Taylor had going into the end of season last year.

Edited by steve09ru

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He was on Carolinas practice squad  for parts of his career  he is familiar with the offense 

48 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

20 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

He was on Carolinas practice squad  for parts of his career  he is familiar with the offense 

News to me.

But still, I'd prefer Taylor or Allen, 100 times out of 100.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

Tecmo Super Bowl and then we got 'em.  Rypien to Carl Harry all day!  (Art Monk did not allow his name for use of the game, so you had Clark, Sanders, Didier and Carl Harry)

@Dan T.

You are talking about thr SNES version.  The NES version had Art Monk.  Its a good thing QB Eagles isn't playing tonight...