Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

9 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

How ironic that Columbus gets a day named after him for running into an immovable object and helping transport smallpox to the Americas in the bargain.

Yeah, that's the problem with public education as they teach you a bunch of racist propaganda like this.

Sorry but Christopher Columbus didn't discover America.  Now he was one of the first white people in recorded history to successfully conquer a small part of the Americas and then establish a trade route for the transportation of enslaved people and goods...so, there's that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Yeah, that's the problem with public education as they teach you a bunch of racist propaganda like this.

Sorry but Christopher Columbus didn't discover America.  Now he was one of the first white people in recorded history to successfully conquer a small part of the Americas and then establish a trade route for the transportation of enslaved people and goods...so, there's that.

I don't believe he said that Columbus discovered America. He said he ran into an immovable object, not that he was the first one to do so.

Also, everyone...might wanna pull back on the political **** while in the stadium. Got a few threads in Tailgate that'll work fine for this line of discussion (and I'm guilty of this, too lol). Just a thought.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Also, everyone...might wanna pull back on the political **** while in the stadium. Got a few threads in Tailgate that'll work fine for this line of discussion (and I'm guilty of this, too lol). Just a thought.

Yeah, that's wishful thinking.

You know what, I take it back, I am fine with getting back to talking about Chase Young skipping OTA's again instead of this!

• Haha 6

Its a free country Sweat is allowed to not get the vaccine if he wants to wait for more facts. If he gets sick he get sick....anyone around him who doesn't have the vaccine will also get sick, and those who did get the vaccine won't get sick right? So whats the big deal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Off topic, but did you catch Gerritt Cole's response to media questions about illegal stuff on baseballs?  Ouch.  Like zero media prep.

Yup haha.  He should've just said " we're moving on to Cincinnati"

33 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So what..I haven't gotten vaccinated either..most likely had covid continued to smoke and work...never got a flu shot why start now...sheesh some people 

For your sake I hope you didn't.  The link between Covid (whether symptomatic or not) and developing erectile dysfunction issues is shocking.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

So whats the big deal.

Its super avoidable

Nobody can make him get vaxxed, and he the whole heart issue thing could easily make him either more susceptible or suspicious of medical advice from people not intimately familiar with him... (How many docs would u trust if you were incorrectly diagnosed w/ a heart issue that cost you millions)

But you can't put the words he put out there and not expect a facepalm reaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of Chase Young there is one thing I noticed in his minicamp clips and I remember seeing when he was in college and during his rookie season. Maybe I'm just nit picking or seeing things that aren't really a big deal, but it looks to me like he comes out of his stance and gets high/vertical really fast. Don't they usually coach guys to try and keep lower at first?

Did anyone else see this or am I just imagining it? I could have sworn also reading or watching some scouting report before the draft that noted it as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

None of us care if you and all of the people around you miss 2 weeks of work. 

All of us care if Montez Sweat and a bunch of his teammates miss 2 weeks of work. 

And look at Myles Garrett. COVID may have derailed a DPOY type season. Missed time and said he was not the same even after he was cleared to come back. 

I call bull**** on you not caring about me

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

For your sake I hope you didn't.  The link between Covid (whether symptomatic or not) and developing erectile dysfunction issues is shocking.

Lol.....hahaha ..its hard to walk around with a full soda can in my trousers..

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It's simply mind-blowing how many people on social media are convinced that the NFL should basically force players to get vaccinated or don't play.

Amen to that, brother.  Big Brother wants to control the American people.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Its a free country Sweat is allowed to not get the vaccine if he wants to wait for more facts. If he gets sick he get sick....anyone around him who doesn't have the vaccine will also get sick, and those who did get the vaccine won't get sick right? So whats the big deal.

Vaccines aren’t 100% effective unless enough people get them to achieve herd immunity. Not to mention there are certain people that for medical reasons can’t be vaccinated. Hell, at this point children under 12 can’t even be vaccinated yet. That’s the big deal. 

Oh and for purely selfish football reasons, if he gets COVID, he can’t play. So there’s that, even if you choose not to care about the world around you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've made my argument pretty clear when the debate happened a few days back.  Not elite but he's a dude on the verge. 

My main argument was disagreeing with the thesis made here (from what I recall you agreed with that thesis) that WFT fans overrate Terry and he's not as good as we think he is.  

He’s overrated if a person believes he’s an elite WR, IMO. I’d say he’s a top 15-20 guy at this point. Which is amazing by the way. For me, I’m still waiting for him to be dominant at something. Seems like he’s good at everything but not elite at anything. Would like to see him get over-the-top of defenses this year more often, one would assume Fitz will help with that. 

Where do you have him ranked. Or maybe you have 15 elite guys are your list? Not sure how you rate them. 

I would love to talk to y’all about the vaccine stuff and big brother and all that in the tailgate! We got a COVID thread. It’s really funny y’all wanna talk about it in here where I would be breaking the rules to reply but won’t take it to the place where we can actually discuss it. Almost seems deliberate. 

There is a line, I think. Sweat brought it up and it’s going to affect the team. So that seems to be fair game if we are mature about it. But the minute you start with the dumb ass conspiracies about big brother and voicing your personal opinion on why YOU didn’t get it, take it to the tailgate. Don’t expect anyone to consider medical advice from you anything but laughable if you can’t follow that simple line of logic. 

Chase Young was out of OTAs to shoot commercials and y’all talking about big brother. I expected different from you people. Not better lol. But different. 

Edit: one post below this. “This ain’t the place to talk about it but.....IMA TALK ABOUT IT AND GIVE MY ENTIRE OPINION CAUSE IT WOULD BE BREAKING THE RULES TO RESPOND” 

Horse ****. Y’all be better than that going forward. I believe in you. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Lol... Jamie Newman already cut.

56 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I guess.

I feel the same way....

Not the place for this kind of discussion, but I'll just say, at this point those who choose not to get vaccinated know the risks for themselves and for others and it's pretty arrogant (not you, just the general sentiment) to assume everyone should be comfortable with having a relatively new vaccine injected into their bodies. Forced vaccinations aren't any different than the mindset behind being pro-life.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Is it possible we will end up hitting on picks 1, 2, 3, and 3? That would be an outstanding draft, would break the 2nd round bust curse, and make everyone say "Kyle who, again?"...

I'm thinking we hit on at least one of the #7s also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Speaking of Chase Young there is one thing I noticed in his minicamp clips and I remember seeing when he was in college and during his rookie season. Maybe I'm just nit picking or seeing things that aren't really a big deal, but it looks to me like he comes out of his stance and gets high/vertical really fast. Don't they usually coach guys to try and keep lower at first?

Did anyone else see this or am I just imagining it? I could have sworn also reading or watching some scouting report before the draft that noted it as well.

Yeah and Fitz looks a little....fluffy around the mid section.

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

He’s overrated if a person believes he’s an elite WR, IMO. I’d say he’s a top 15-20 guy at this point. Which is amazing by the way. For me, I’m still waiting for him to be dominant at something. Seems like he’s good at everything but not elite at anything. Would like to see him get over-the-top of defenses this year more often, one would assume Fitz will help with that. 

Where do you have him ranked. Or maybe you have 15 elite guys are your list? Not sure how you rate them. 

I'd be with you if the debate was about how great Terry was but not elite yet.  But that wasn't the point of that debate.  Posts were made that Terry is overrated by our fan base, including that he put up mediocre numbers.  When some brought in context to sell Terry -- those arguments in turn were flipped back on Terry.  I don't feel like reliving it all but its not hard to find those posts they were just from a few days back.  I respect the poster who led the argument.  He's a smart football guy.  It's all cool.  I just don't agree with him on that point, that's all.  I think the fan base rates Terry just fine and he's on the verge of being something special. 

As to where I'd have him ranked. If I recall it was @Califan007 who made the same point about another player and I agree with that point which is its about the talent of the player versus how this player ranks versus this or that one.  It doesn't move me if lets say Michael Thomas is a hair better that Terry.  It's about whether Terry is a great player and on the verge of being a star.  I am not copping out from doing a ranking :ols:  but I would have to seriously think about it because they are so many great receivers in today's game.   It's not easy to put them in a certain order.  

It is a fact that Terry was headed for monster numbers last year.  He got slowed down after Thanksgiving for a couple of reasons but the big one is playing on an injury that sidelines players typically but he played through the plain. 

As for whether he's elite or great?  You got me, it's a nuanced argument.   I'll argue though against your point that he's "good" at everything. I think that sells him short.  To me he's great at everything.  Great YAC player.  Great speed.  Great route runner.  Great run blocker.  Great leader.

As for making big plays down the field.  That's what he was known for at Ohio State.  He had a 20 YPC there.  In fact the argument some used against him coming out of that draft was that he was a Johnny One Note -- deep threat guy but what else can he do?  Ironically it was similar on that front to what some say about Dyami Brown when they throw a disclaimer his way.   I wouldn't worry about Terry making more big plays down the field.  Both Haskins (2020 version) and Alex didn't throw the ball much down the field.  Fitzpatrick will.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1