Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

As an aside, have PFT going in the background and both Floria and Sims are picking WFT to win the NFCE and both picked CY and McL as best non QB's in the NFCE one/two.  It's funny how much love this team is getting. 

Meanwhile, Greeny has turned in to the biggest WFT homer.  He said this morning the WFT is the biggest threat to Tampa Bay and the NFC.  LOL

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nice to see BSJ tearing it up. What a bonus if we continue to hit on mid round picks. 

We've been surprisingly good with 3rd rounders lately.  From 2013-2020 our 3rd rounders have hit 66% of the time (starting caliber player).  Which is fantastic.

If Cosmi can reverse the trend of 2nd rounders since...like 2001 (with the exception of Preston Smith in 2015), that'd be awesome.

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

As an aside, have PFT going in the background and both Floria and Sims are picking WFT to win the NFCE and both picked CY and McL as best non QB's in the NFCE one/two.  It's funny how much love this team is getting. 

Meanwhile, Greeny has turned in to the biggest WFT homer.  He said this morning the WFT is the biggest threat to Tampa Bay and the NFC.  LOL

The Greeny WFT love out of nowhere because of Fitzpatrick to some extent reminds me of how Bayless became an WFT admirer leading into the 2012 season because he loved RG3.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

BSJ being a legit year one contributor would be a huge boon for this defense. Would make an already deep secondary even deeper and give us a really strong pair of press man corners. Fuller could play primarily nickel where he’s one of the best in the NFL, and maybe even some free safety in base package.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, NickyJ said:

You're not wrong. As long as the team keeps a winning record, Chase Young will stay healthy!

That's actually a really kool wolf head there that you have for your avatar NickyJ. I would probably ditch the girly gold portion of the mane which hangs outside if the circle, and add a shoulder blade, but all-in-all, it's pretty logo-worthy. My compliments.

A "cool the jets" moment for the hype of BSJ.  Early returns sound phenomenal, but annointing him a shutdown press corner opposite William Jackson seems like a tall task.

FWIW, I can't really think of an NFL defense besides the 2015 Broncos, that had great corners and great pass rushers.  That combo just doesn't really exist.  Some great defenses came close, but it's more like they had 1 great corner and another solid one.  Because comparators aren't there, the odds of BSJ being really good out of the gate are likely slim-to-none.  Otherwise this defense is going to be extremely unusual for opposing teams to go against.

• Like 2

Love the moxie Heinicke plays with, my concern is durability.  But I do I have a little pause about that Tampa game from the context if the idea that WFT gave Tampa the most run for their money in the playoffs.  If I recall Tampa was missing both White and Vea in that game.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, terpfan said:

WTF is Montez Sweat talking about? Doesn’t want to get vaccinated because he hasn’t gotten COVID? Is the “more information” he needs just the definition of a vaccine?

Sweat is evolving into a good football player, but on this issue he’s a dope. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

In years past it seemed like we had guys on the roster, especially in the secondary, that weren't all that great but they were just the best of bad options, in a kinda "I don't have to run faster than the tiger, I just have to run faster than you" way. Ron & Co. have cranked it up, adding serious talent to this roster, guys that ain't doggin it because they specifically targeted guys that don't dog it. So the dynamic has changed and now we'll see what an Apke or Everett can actually bring to the table when their asses gets anted.

BSJ drew some flak during the draft, who wants to double down on that pick being wasted now?

Toney and Bradley-King taken at the end when we are stacked, doesn't look that bad now does it?

Milne and Bates, heard some teeth-gnashing on those but now?

Etc

Etc

Ron & Co have a plan, a real plan that may not be obvious to us but it is starting to show its outlines. Damn but this season is lookin good. I was a little worried when the schedule came out but at this point I don't think there is anyone out there we can't hang with.

And my thanks to SiP et al for updating this thread continually, this is my #1 source for TC info, sure looks like y'all are catching every bit of it.

I didn't say St. Juste was a wasted pick but when I graded the draft I gave that pick the lowest grade.  It was nothing against St. Juste.  It was based on the fact that he and Corey Durr went into last season with a good amount of hype at Minnesota as one of the best corner duos in the Big 10 and then really struggled in pass coverage.  I didn't watch Minnesota closely enough to say how much of that was on St. Juste or whether they used him to take advantage of his physical attributes--I just know that Minnesota pass defense was a big disappointment