Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's not a coincidence that Chase Young's improved health occured during our 5-1 winning streak.

DISCLAIMER: I am too damned lazy to actually check so this may be factually inaccurate.

XXXX

10 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

With a pillow...

On their face........

OMG LD!

That's some hellishly dark stuff you channeled from deep in the id.

"Very nice!" (In Borat voice).

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

37 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I'm afraid I am with TWW, I literally DO close my eyes when he is kicking. Also my son has taken to having a sportsman's bet with me on every kick so he can't be Mr Automatic. My son's too smart for that!

I had a friend that was a big Eagles fan.  Akers was going for a big FG and he couldn't watch.  He covered his eyes and walked into the other room.  Those in the room that remained all screamed in horror and he lost his mind and ran back in the room.  Akers made the kick. 

Be careful who is around when you choose to look away 😂

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

It's not a coincidence that Chase Young's improved health occured during our 5-1 winning streak.

DISCLAIMER: I am too damned lazy to actually check so this may be factually inaccurate.

XXXX

You're not wrong. As long as the team keeps a winning record, Chase Young will stay healthy!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

You're not wrong. As long as the team keeps a winning record, Chase Young will stay healthy!

And vice versa!

In a relativistic world cause both precedes and succeeds effect depending on your inertial frame of reference and/or how strong the stuff your smoking is!

• Haha 3

Keim's new podcast.  Nothing really juicy.  In short, Fitzpatrick's leadership is evident, jokes around, players respond to him, keeping guys loose.  The players talk about Fizpatrick's sense of humor.   Both Fitz and Heinicke show off their ability to make plays off script.   Sweat looked good, nice play blowing up a run.  They are trying to incorporate Gibson more in the passing game -- emphasis in that process on running routes and pass protection.  Ditto Patterson.

Chase looked great.  He worked on strengthening his feet to strengthen his ankles to hopefully avoid injuries there.  Fitz is developing some noticeable early good chemistry with McLaurin.  McLaurin and Humphries are fun to watch as for how smooth they run their routes.   Gibson looks to be running more confidently.  Charles Leno plays with a good strong base.  S. Charles plays with nice power.  

Heinicke has looked good, he's intrigued to see how he plays this pre season.  Benjamin St. Juste, William Jackson ability to play man noticeably allows them to mix coverage more.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

Chris Russell who was at camp today said if there is one player who stood to him that was heard to miss, that dude was Shaka Toney who was everywhere, penetrated the O line, easily got by Cosmi on a play.

I wouldn't make much of that if i didn't hear Sheehan say more than once he heard the coaching staff is very high on what they've seen from Toney. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Russell who was at camp today said if there is one player who stood to him that was heard to miss, that dude was Shaka Toney who was everywhere, penetrated the O line, easily got by Cosmi on a play.

I wouldn't make much of that if i didn't hear Sheehan say more than once he heard the coaching staff is very high on what they've seen from Toney. 

1432C250-B298-4E3C-B403-536A504BA6D7.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

This is a very likeable team.  I love the skins from the glory days / my childhood, but there are so many new vets, returning core players, and rookies that I'm looking forward to seeing in action this year, that this may be just as enjoyable a team to root for.  We probably have about 30-40 solid players who are ascending / in their prime.  Even 38 year old Fitz may have his best year ever.  Bananas.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Beyond that, Fitzpatrick's ups and downs have helped mold him into who he is today as a person. To Zampese, it's someone that exudes confidence and makes it easy for his teammates to connect with him. From the beard to the humor to the rocket arm, he's got it all.

“Well, he’s such a unique look and a unique character and his delivery is dry as can be and he just drops these one-liners and bombs on guys and they don’t even know what happened. He’s gotta great deal of swag for such a, I don’t know what you say about the exterior, I love him," Zampese said. "He’s authentic through all of it which is the important part. He’s got a lot to give, he’s got a lot of experiences.”

That type of personality is one that Zampese feels will make it easy for Fitzpatrick to mesh with his teammates. Praising the quarterback's communication skills, players of all ages won't have a problem bonding with the man under center.

Running backs coach Randy Jordan has seen an impact as well. Though he doesn't work directly with Fitzpatrick, it's become clear to him that the quarterback's skill set and character will benefit more than just the passing game.

“One thing that I love about him, he’s going to push the ball down the field. He’s going to make you guard every blade of grass," Jordan said. "And for the running game I think that’s going to allow the possibility of split safety looks where you get light boxes.”

“What I’ve seen so far from him, he’s been a really really good leader to these guys, especially, you know with my position, being a young group, understanding protections…making sure that everybody is on the same page," Jordan said.

Fitzpatrick may not be the shiniest car on the lot. He's not a young, first-round prospect with his whole career in front of him. He's also not as decorated as some other veterans. But for Washington and Fitzpatrick, that doesn't really matter.

He's Ryan Fitzpatrick, and right now, that's what Washington wants and needs.

‘He doesn’t worry about what anyone else thinks," Zampese said. "He’s just Ryan.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Chase Young after being fiercely interrogated by authorities finally admits that he didnt attend voluntary activities and had the nerve ti let the coaches know this beforehand!!!!!!

How dare he! Who does he think he is???

He is also likely to be a multiple attempted homicide suspect after he broke down and confessed involvement in at least five shoot(ing)  last week alone...

Chase Young: "I had a lot of stuff going on. One day I had five different shoots for five different things..."

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

The problem with late round type EDGE players is that they almost always lack the  athleticism that is almost always required to excel at that position, even as role-players. The fact that Toney is actually a nice athlete makes him a much better bet to be a true sleeper, those types usually don’t slip. What an amazing find that would be, 4 years of cheap EDGE play to rotate in and back up our more expensive studs—in the 7th round. I’m rooting really hard for him and this is an ideal situation for him to develop and succeed. Hell, it’s an ideal situation from which to just make an NFL roster and gain the time to develop and form relationships with coaches that 7th rounders usually find hard to get. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The salt from Giants fans if we come away with the better Toney in this draft would be unreal. Our Twitter trolls would have all the ammunition in the world to piss them off lol. Shaka > Kadarius

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Haha 7

Very excited about sahdiiq Charles.  Coaches seem to think he can be a stud, maybe LG of the future?  I like how they are still confident with his potential at OT too.

A little surprised at the cam sims love.  The coach who said sims was the glue of the wr room was a bit shocking.   Sounds like he will be a hard guy to cut, and I admit I was ready to move on to give other guys opportunities.   But if he is showing out both on and off the field, I hope he sticks and look forward to him taking a big step forward and being a bit more consistent.

Love the potential of shaka toney.  Seems like everything I've read, both following his selection in the draft to how he has been doing in camp, has all been positive.  Seems perfectly suited for the role we envision him for.  

I'm excited for Fitz and he deserves to be the unquestioned leader at qb, but I'm still very high on TH.  I like how they resigned him to a 2 year deal and brought in a vet ahead of him, but the fact he bulked up and has been impressive with his approach makes me very eager to see his development.  

Love the trash talking and competitive nature of these guys.  Both units will be facing quality opposition every day in practice.  A ton of young hungry players, no more ppl coming here for a pay day and going thru the motions.  Steel sharpens steel, we should be improving as the season goes a long while other teams break down and check out.  

96 more days.

• Like 7

@KillBill26I love Cam Sims and hope he has turned the corner. Fitzy really works well with young big teceivers.

Sims was instrumental in our most important win of the season against the previously unbeaten Steelers on the road.

We looked moribund on offense before he caught a big 3rd or perhaps it was a 4th down play that led to a late second quarter scoring drive.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

@KillBill26I love Cam Sims and hope he has turned the corner. Fitzy really works well with young big teceivers.

Sims was instrumental in our most important win of the season against the previously unbeaten Steelers on the road.

We looked moribund on offense before he caught a big 3rd or perhaps it was a 4th down play that led to a late second quarter scoring drive.

Yes, the one handed grab if I recall correctly?  

The memory of cam sims that sticks with me is the drop on the opening drive vs T bay.  Not fair of me to judge the kid on one play, but man that ticked me off haha.  

He definitely showed some improvement last year, and like you said, he is young.  We should be prioritizing ascending players, and I wasn't aware of his strong work ethic and the role he plays in the wr room.   As we build for the long term, you could make a case that sims should make the team over humphries who is descending or plateauing at best.  (We probably need milne to have a great showing if we were to part ways with AH tho.  I want Samuel moving around, not stuck in the slot, so we need depth there).

• Like 4

@KillBill26

Yeah that drop was exasperating but there were a lot of uncharacteristic unforced errors that day.

I suspect our young team was feeling the tension and jitters of being in their first collective playoff game.

Heineke played well enough to win or at least prolong the game if he had gotten more help from his receivers and line.

Hopefully his time will come too.

• Like 2