Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chris Russell who was at camp today said if there is one player who stood to him that was heard to miss, that dude was Shaka Toney who was everywhere, penetrated the O line, easily got by Cosmi on a play.

I wouldn't make much of that if i didn't hear Sheehan say more than once he heard the coaching staff is very high on what they've seen from Toney. 

If only one of those 3 7th rounders pan out, thats pretty good....looks like there is a chance all 3 have a shot.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Last year actually felt like a pretty good year, injury wise for us. And we still weren’t top 20. 

Who did we lose for the majority of the season? Ionidis, Allen, Collins, Harmon...feels like I'm missing someone. I think Ionidas was probably the biggest loss.

Edited by Chris 44

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chase looked great.  He worked on strengthening his feet to strengthen his ankles to hopefully avoid injuries there.  Fitz is developing some noticeable early good chemistry with McLaurin.  McLaurin and Humphries are fun to watch as for how smooth they run their routes.   Gibson looks to be running more confidently.  Charles Leno plays with a good strong base.  S. Charles plays with nice power. 

After seeing the statement about flexing his big toe without the other toes, how many people have

A.) Taken off their shoes and tried it

and

B.) but just felt like you were getting off an airplane and making fists with your toes?

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

After seeing the statement about flexing his big toe without the other toes, how many people have

A.) Taken off their shoes and tried it

and

B.) Felt like it was getting off an airplane and making fists with your toes?

Die Hard!!! 

• Like 2

Gibson looks fast.  Want to see him align as a receiver more this year, or even better, I want to see a lot of two back personnel with him so we can take advantage of what a difficult match up in the passing game he provides.

If he can stay healthy, could be a major break out candidate.

• Like 2

I'm old enough that I can't honestly say that I don't remember ever seeing the team look this loose and having such a good time at it, but I will admit that it has been a LLOOONNNNGGGGG time since I did.

Rivera comes across as such a naturally good guy, open and genuine, and the players are responding to that, you can see it in the vids. They are all having a good time, working their asses off and enjoying it, who thought we'd see that here? Talkin up their teammates, talkin up the coaches! Ron is seriously building something here.

And just an aside, Trances? That wasn't dark, that wasn't even shaded, you don't want to see the stuff I don't post 😱

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Gibson looks fast.  Want to see him align as a receiver more this year, or even better, I want to see a lot of two back personnel with him so we can take advantage of what a difficult match up in the passing game he provides.

If he can stay healthy, could be a major break out candidate.

Would be great if Bates develops. Two tight end sets would be pretty cool with Gibson in the backfield and Samuel running around back there also. Turner must have the biggest grin in all of Ashburn.

Most excited about the Shaka Toney reports. If he ends up being the Bruce Irvin of our defense, along with the addition of Jamin Davis... Our defense is going to be lights out. 

Toney at Sam / hybrid edge rusher is exactly what we need.

Please let this be a year we have good luck on the injury front. The potential of this team is incredible.

• Like 5

This is probably the best team on paper I've known as a skins fan. I was alive during 2 superblwls but was so young I wouldn't of known any different. Only thing I known was embarrassment and heartache. I mean I had rg3 and Sean Taylor to look forward to...but this is by far the best team that should be coming together and I'm actually excited. 

• Like 6

I know it is easy to get excited about the prospect of the new year

Taylor Swift Compliment GIF

But remember the sage advice of the wise previous coach - 

ZORN-STAY-MEDIUM | Meme Generator

"Stay medium"

Eyes Hello GIF by MightyMike

😉

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
extra eyewink

3 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Who did we lose for the majority of the season? Ionidis, Allen, Collins, Harmon...feels like I'm missing someone. I think Ionidas was probably the biggest loss.

Geron Christian got hurt in week 6 but Lucas was an improvement so that one actually helped us. Saahdiq Charles played two snaps before going out for the season but we had Schweitzer to replace him. 

So there were several injuries which would normally have been major issues but where the replacements were actually improvements. That’s probably why the injuries felt less impactful than the man hours would indicate. 

QB Haskins(benched)—>Allen—>Smith—>Heineke (Our QB play probably improved with each replacement)

LG Martin(benched)—>Charles—>Schweitzer (who knows how Charles would have played but Schweitzer was definitely an improvement over Martin)

LT Christian—> Lucas

SS Collins—> Curl

And our most significant injury in terms of length and quality of player (Ioannidis) was also to our deepest position. 

So… could have been worse but let’s hope for way less injuries across the board this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

We lost tons of o linemen for at least part of the season. Some came back. 

Harmon is definitely one of my guys as for making the roster.   And I gather I am in the minority here on that.  I know he's somewhat a forgotten player but I like him over S. Sims, Gandy-Golden.  He's not a burner but he can seperate nonetheless, has good hands.  He's the closest dude we've had IMO to Garcon stylistically as for a run blocker and a force with a ball in his hands.   YAC.  He's a tone setter.  

6-7 receivers make this roster?  I also like Milne.  Not ruling out Gandy-Golden.  We've gone from a spot of weakness to strength depth wise.   Wonder if one of them is tradeable?  I recall for example Kyle Smith was a big Harmon guy.  Atlanta need a WR?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2