Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

If the rookie corner allows Fuller to become joker type piece (inside, outside, S), that could be a step up for the defense. Fuller is an average corner with great intangibles. Just think he lacks the top gear and size on the outside at times. I don’t think he hurts you but doesn’t move the needle. More of a twitch/burst guy with an ability to be physical. 

Obviously, a long ways to go to project a rookie to start, but fun to speculate at this stage of the off season. 

• Like 1

Sweat becoming famous today, he's treading nationally on twitter now. 😀

Sports · Trending
Montez Sweat
People react to Washington Football Team defensive end Montez Sweat’s comments about not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, which have been determined to be safe and effective by the CDC
  • Sad 5

Some questioned whether Terry was doubled teamed much last season.  Sherman suggested SF did indeed double team/shade coverage his way in the game he played against him considering his comments.  A dude mapped out the NY Giants game and saw the Giants did double team him heavily.   I'll add this to the pile.  But just like I did for Chase Young, eventually I'll look for it myself when I have time to rewatch some games with coaches tape. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some questioned whether Terry was doubled teamed much last season.  Sherman suggested SF did indeed double team/shade coverage his way in the game he played against him considering his comments.  A dude mapped out the NY Giants game and saw the Giants did double team him heavily.   I'll add this to the pile.  But just like I did for Chase Young, eventually I'll look for it myself when I have time to rewatch some games with coaches tape. 

Something that’s maybe been lost in our improvement at WR is how much better Terry could be when the defenses can’t key entirely on him. Could put up some absolutely ridiculous numbers if Samuel and Brown are too good to allow defenses to consistently double team Terry. He’s also just entering his third year in the league which is usually when WRs make their biggest leap. The sky is the limit for him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Something that’s maybe been lost in our improvement at WR is how much better Terry could be when the defenses can’t key entirely on him. Could put up some absolutely ridiculous numbers if Samuel and Brown are too good to allow defenses to consistently double team Terry. He’s also just entering his third year in the league which is usually when WRs make their biggest leap. The sky is the limit for him. 

The thing I'd add is he was putting up absolutely ridiculous numbers.  As late as after the Thanksgiving game he was among the top receivers in multiple categories.   He ended up with two high ankle sprains which contributed to a major decline towards the end of the season.  Also Alex is a really good game manager but isn't known for helping receivers put up big numbers.  If he stays healthy IMO the sky is the limit for this dude this season.  Will see.  

• Thanks 1

I guarantee you Sweat isn't the only one on the team that feels this way, he wouldn't openly say it in the mic if he was. 

Sad because Rivera is putting in a lot of work to get these guys credible information that doesn't come from Twitter. You'd figure once they saw teammates not flopping on the ground turning into zombies who got the vaccine they would be more willing to get it. But a made up story on Twitter? Nope, let's go ahead and believe that instead. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing I'd add is he was putting up absolutely ridiculous numbers.  As late as after the Thanksgiving game he was among the top receivers in multiple categories.   He ended up with two high ankle sprains which contributed to a major decline towards the end of the season.  Also Alex is a really good game manager but isn't known for helping receivers put up big numbers.  If he stays healthy IMO the sky is the limit for this dude this season.  Will see.  

So many of his throws were late...decision making process slow, made his mind up to throw the ball late. Talking Haskins.

Edited by Chris 44

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sweat becoming famous today, he's treading nationally on twitter now. 😀

Sports · Trending
Montez Sweat
People react to Washington Football Team defensive end Montez Sweat’s comments about not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, which have been determined to be safe and effective by the CDC

93BE45A3-C353-4C29-B4C5-15ACC16DAB58.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, mudhog said:

That's actually a really kool wolf head there that you have for your avatar NickyJ. I would probably ditch the girly gold portion of the mane which hangs outside if the circle, and add a shoulder blade, but all-in-all, it's pretty logo-worthy. My compliments.

I wish I had the graphics skills to design it. It was made by the person who set up this page: https://www.studio3squire.com/washington-redwolves-branding-conce

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

WTF is Montez Sweat talking about? Doesn’t want to get vaccinated because he hasn’t gotten COVID? Is the “more information” he needs just the definition of a vaccine?

Basically the thought that I had too. WTF do you think a vaccine is? It's literally the "pre-treatment" of a disease to prevent you from getting the actual virus.

Doubt we see Montez on Jeopardy anytime soon.

52 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I didn't say St. Juste was a wasted pick but when I graded the draft I gave that pick the lowest grade.  It was nothing against St. Juste.  It was based on the fact that he and Corey Durr went into last season with a good amount of hype at Minnesota as one of the best corner duos in the Big 10 and then really struggled in pass coverage.  I didn't watch Minnesota closely enough to say how much of that was on St. Juste or whether they used him to take advantage of his physical attributes--I just know that Minnesota pass defense was a big disappointment

Not directed at you or really anyone in particular,  just that these pieces seem to be fitting together nicely. I admit that I'm a naif compared to some of the people posting here, but that ole eye test thing is lookin good so far

I wonder how many defensive linemen it took to hold Jack down long enough to get the vaccine.  :ols:

2 hours ago, mudhog said:

I would probably ditch the girly gold portion of the mane which hangs outside if the circle

You can't ditch the golden mullet, we're a southern team.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love the moxie Heinicke plays with, my concern is durability.  But I do I have a little pause about that Tampa game from the context if the idea that WFT gave Tampa the most run for their money in the playoffs.  If I recall Tampa was missing both White and Vea in that game.

*Fitzpatrick with cicada in beard video*

Unrelated to football, but I absolutely loved having cicadas out and singing last year (my region was a year ahead of DC's). There's just something amazing about hearing so many insects sounding like hundreds of emergency sirens. The noise can be annoying after a while, but with a 17 year wait, I can endure it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

This would be a cool year to have the team featured on Hard Knocks. But at the same time I'm glad we aren't!

Agreed, that would be cool to see. Although can’t washington volunteer to be on hard knocks? Has the team for hard knocks been announced yet? 

Just now, Xameil said:

True....but...still...please....no....lol

I hate when people give out nicknames too and hope it doesn't jinx The Juice.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Agreed, that would be cool to see. Although can’t washington volunteer to be on hard knocks? Has the team for hard knocks been announced yet? 

Maybe it's already us.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I hate when people give out nicknames too and hope it doesn't jinx The Juice.

Maybe it's already us.

Keep it up and I'm gonna slap you upside the head with a non sandwich wrap....

• Haha 3