Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

As long as Young and Sweat are out, it gives us the chance to really look at our backup edge talent against our top line. We should know fairly soon if we are going to need to bring in a rotational edge to complement our starters or if we can reasonably get by w/ our backup flotsam.

• Like 2

I'm in the "worried about Sweat and Young" camp. It doesn't sound as if Rivera is too happy about it either. Would be just typical of this team to have an issue with one of the most exciting players we have ever had. I really hope we get a nice, boring explanation soon.

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Fitzpatrick is acting like the presumptive starter but Heinecke isn't going away.  Fitzpatrick needs to clearly outplay Heinecke in training camp.

Ya I don’t think Heinicke is going to start unless Fitz is awful. And given how people are talking about Fitz and some of his throws I don’t think that’s gonna happen. 

Having said that, I think Heinicke could have started for us this year and we’d be fine unless he got hurt.

51 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ohhh yeah let's tank for chase..yall looking like fools now ...

I can never tell when you’re serious or not. If you are... :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

As long as Young and Sweat are out, it gives us the chance to really look at our backup edge talent against our top line. We should know fairly soon if we are going to need to bring in a rotational edge to complement our starters or if we can reasonably get by w/ our backup flotsam.

I get what you're saying, but it also means that we're not getting the chance to see our OL against our top DL. I'm not worried that they're not here, but it is a bit disappointing.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 2

Chase Young and Montez Sweat must be the type who immediately play the game they just bought for their console without reading the manual, sheesh.  If they had read their manual they'd have noticed the tidbit stating that missing OTAs confer an irreversible -10% reduction in their effectiveness for the whole season.  Such noobs!

Edited by TysonM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Ya I don’t think Heinicke is going to start unless Fitz is awful. And given how people are talking about Fitz and some of his throws I don’t think that’s gonna happen. 

Having said that, I think Heinicke could have started for us this year and we’d be fine unless he got hurt.

I dont think its a stretch that if Heineke looks good through camp and pre season, a team that may end up needing a QB will look to trade for Heinike.

Guess whose not the dumbest guy in the room today 🧐

Kidding. Its still me lol

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

There is a solid chance that Fitz gives up the starting position during the season as has happened to him before. Its part of the reason you bring him into this particular situation. If he plays bad, hes at least not a malcontent and will still be a leader in the locker room and ready for his next chance. Hes the exact opposite of some other players we have had at the position in the past and I would be surprised if that part of his character isn't factor in what Ron likes about him. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Trent never used to show up to these either, 99% of the time it really doesn't matter. 

I'm a team guy.....If more guys weren't there I wouldn't have an issue with it, but alot of the team is there and they should be there as well. Is Chase a captain? Trent is understandable he gets hurt if the wind blows so I get it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK Skins said:

I'm in the "worried about Sweat and Young" camp. It doesn't sound as if Rivera is too happy about it either. Would be just typical of this team to have an issue with one of the most exciting players we have ever had. I really hope we get a nice, boring explanation soon.

they're in their second and third years, there's no way to renegotiate their contracts and there's been no changes on the D to upset them.  Maybe they're just playing it safe with their health

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Well remember a couple years ago when there was a couple games towards the end of the season, hell most half of the season for that matter, and I was the only one rooting for the team to still win and everyone was bashing me because they wanted to lose to be able to draft Chase?..

22 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

You can't take things too seriously. He always posts baked, it's all explained in his name. 

Bingo...lol... yes I am just playing around...cooleyfan knows better...ummm..no really tho..I am baked..like super...got a good Wednesday am wake n bake going..ummm... I still absolutely love the chase Young pick I seen a couple Lawrence Taylor highlights and I seen Chase Young.. now I'm absolutely so glad we lost those games so we could draft him...

With that said...

I thought I seen somebody mentioned something about Ron Rivera made a comment about I guess Chase and Montez not being here I was wondering if anybody has more insight on that... I think London Kev said it real well.. I'm not concerned whatsoever about him not knowing the plays but I also would like to see him here with the youngins.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I thought I seen somebody mentioned something about Ron Rivera made a comment about I guess Chase and Montez not being here I was wondering if anybody has more insight on that... I think London Kev said it real well.. I'm not concerned whatsoever about him not knowing the plays but I also would like to see him here with the youngins.

I read somewhere that Chase and Montez were expected to be around sporadically during the voluntary sessions. Not sure exactly what that means but I guess we’ll see. I can’t imagine it’s anything to worry about with those guys, especially Chase. 

Edit: Here’s the tweet. 

Edited by terpfan

38 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well remember a couple years ago when there was a couple games towards the end of the season, hell most half of the season for that matter, and I was the only one rooting for the team to still win and everyone was bashing me because they wanted to lose to be able to draft Chase?..

...and your takeaway from the outcome of that is that you were correct? lol 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait, so you were serious? Yikes. Okay.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

...and your takeaway from the outcome of that is that you were correct? lol 

I’m still hoping he’s tatering and he’s not serious.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Fitzpatrick is acting like the presumptive starter but Heinecke isn't going away.  Fitzpatrick needs to clearly outplay Heinecke in training camp.

This offense is going to be all about distribution.  Play within the system and let the playmakers make the plays.  Its great that fitz is going to air it out, but mckissic needs to eat underneath.   Who is going to get the ball out efficiently and quickly?  Might end up being more Heinicke's game then Fitzpatrick.   Have to wait and see.

Edited by CurseReversed

51 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I rarely root for the Skins to lose but I was definitely rooting for them to lose out to draft Chase Young. Losing those games could propel this team to big things, maybe championships, years after that dismal season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Thanks to all those beat reporters tweeting info about the OTAs, and those here bringing those tweets and articles to those of us that can't be there.

It is very much appreciated. :cheers:

Agree, thanks for all the updates....having said that....where's todays tweets? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2